Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 66 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

IMG_1330_zpsta54lqyc.jpg

New car Alan, thought I'd build a Copper Fire version, it was red originally but the interior colour suited the colour change perfectly.

Great result @Final Edition

I'd agree with @Bibs the light makes it. Photography is ALL about the light. Sets off the colour really well IMO.

The car has turned out great.

Stunning!

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone. It came on the standard one piece BBS's Alan. I bought the 4 stud hubs from Mike at Lotusbits.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Final Edition said:

Thanks everyone. It came on the standard one piece BBS's Alan. I bought the 4 stud hubs from Mike at Lotusbits.

You did again a great job!

nice that you find another set of Comp. wheels they are hard to get! this thing looks great, it only must have a Full Leather interior then the car really was done!

Absolutely stunning Jo. Would look damn good in my garage! ?

Did you fit the shorter rear suspension arms too?

Who did the paint for you, looks fantastic. Also, which paintcode did you use, there seem to be a few different shades out there all claiming to be Copper Fire.

Congratulations though, great to have another Copper Turbo on Comps out there. They are in very short supply.

:thumbup:

• Gold FFM

Jo that looks lovely mate, does that mean you got a spare set of BBS? I might be interested if so as I would like a spare set to put modern tyres on and keep the Goodyears for show

cheers

Danny 

Looks superb Jo. I'll have to bring mine down again. Is this Sweatow car with Comps added? I think he was selling a while ago. 

Thanks Jo,

I'm surprised it looks that good on the longer suspension arms, I thought the wheels would stick out more, but I can't fault the way the car looks! 

I'm sure you're right about Copper Fire being a different shade every time. Hopo's is the only one I've seen still with its original paint, even allowing for some natural fading over time it's much more coppery than the colour Lotus paint these days which is richer and more red. It's also very light sensitive too which doesn't help, no two photos of the same car look alike either! By the look of the Bond photos shot on set the original was indeed more copper like a new penny none of the more recent efforts are quite like this. I think it's one of those colours that if you did it exactly as it was in 1981 many would say they didn't like it! Bond's definitely looked the best against the snow. Hard to say from the pics but it looks like yours is closer to the original tone than most I've seen.

Thanks for the colour codes, I'm visiting the factory next week and will ask which codes they use currently. Be interesting to see what they come back with.

More pics when you get the chance Jo, I'll never tire of looking at pics of CF Turbos. Trust me, I've tried!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

On 7-7-2017 at 11:29, Dan E said:

Jo that looks lovely mate, does that mean you got a spare set of BBS? I might be interested if so as I would like a spare set to put modern tyres on and keep the Goodyears for show

cheers

Danny 

i have a spare set of BBS wheels for sale, just send me a PM

• 2 weeks later...