Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Blood pressure - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Blood pressure

Bibs

High cholesterol is usually little to do with diet, your liver produces it. Medication should be able to lower it and get the ratios back where they should be. Discount all the crap you've read about statins in the press recently!

Look, our bodies start to deteriorate after age 20, it just doesn't become apparent till much later.

You have to look after yourself much earlier than you would ever expect!

Right, where is my wine glass?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Simon, take a look on the web and maybe get some books from for example "The hippocrates", led by Brian Clement (hippocratesinst.org). There are many others, e.g. Andreas Morritz.

Or in other Words, spend some time, relaxing, and gather your own knowledge on what does what and how to manage.

Take a pencil and a paper, and a Deep breath, and write Down all the factors in your life, because you know best, that could possibly disturb you in one way or another.

Then, thake another Deep breath and eliminate all those written down factors, one by one.

It may be a seriously big pill to swollow, but generally speaking, symptoms occour after the body (system) have been fighting it for a while, and begin to fail.

Before one will eventually suffer from the damage that occours after having been enough exposed to various factors, please, please, please follow the above.

On the other hand, not only physical Health is needed, but the psyche and feelings have to be on top as well.

So please please please spend time to do what you know you enjoy and take pleasure in (that does not put strain on you).

Take a look into your own mind, and you'll see that most of it you already know very well.

Let someone else at your job take the fight, not you, because you are not in a good enough position in yourself to take the battle. And noone is going to thank you for fighting the right stand, and suffer death or stroke or whatever from it.

I'll give you an example.

When the liver is full of Waste toxics, and cannot keep up cleaning the blood, the Chemicals flow with the blood and rests as deposits all over the body, thereby affecting the surrounding cells ability to get oxygene. Then the cells, as a defensive mechanism, convert their metabolism from oxygene to carbonhydrate. The change is mutation, and is in reality cancer. One can see it as the cells defence againsta  short term death, by mutation they survive longer.

Well, it's a very short simplified description, but you get the idea.

A radical change in Nutrition (and mind health) may bring this process around to normal.

But don't trust me for it. Look yourself.

I wish you all the best and send you some good thoughts.

Cheers,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Funnily enough I've been contemplating getting another.. I've no idea why... I was thinking I could build a race car in the spare time I don't have and then go racing whenever I've not got a spare minute....

I've also been eating yoghurt and granola for every meal the last 3 days...

Feel like shit, keep having dizzy spells every time I stand up, stayed in bed now for 2 full days. At least that way when someone finds me dead I'll look like I've died comfortably...

Not OD'd yet, too many people around to find me before I'm properly gone. Have to wait till everyone goes out for the day.

I have no ability to live a lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise, and whatever I'm doing now is obviously killing me slowly. I'd rather go quick than live on raw carrots and lettuce.....!

Happy Bank Holiday Monday everyone

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

simon hope some of the above is tongue in cheek.if you need to speak to someone i have sent you my mobile in a pm

simon you are unable to receive any more messages.Pete 07885 439154 if you want to speak

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Pete. Appreciate the thoughts. As much as it wasn't really tongue in cheek at all, I am over it now for today.

That bloody depression thread has opened up a can of worms in here, and as much as I know it was well intentioned, it has taken away the "happy place" I used to use this forum as as an escape, because everyone who knows me on here also now knows I'm a proper fruit loop, something that was reserved for a special few. It's now public knowledge. I don't like that, but what has been written and read can not be taken away.

Now I vent on here.

Ian, I think my little nephew has got his eye on that old girl... I'll let him know to give you a call if he changes his mind.

• Like 1

Chunky Lover

Don't overly worry about what people think mate, I haven't been reading that topic (in particular) as I would suspect many do and don't for all sorts of reasons. If it is not helping you (right now) then leave that book on the shelf.

2 days of rest in bed is good. Have they given you a BP monitor? The doc will sort this out mate, BP (low & high) has been around for longer than us so take comfort that it will get fixed for you soon.

Question for Bibs, why did you ask about BP?

Iain

I had a vertigo episode the other weekend and it wasn't pleasant so went to the docs about it. They said my BP was high so I had to wear an ambulatory monitor for a day last week. I'm back tomorrow afternoon to see what the results were but an ambulance hasn't knocked on the door yet, although watching it the figures did look pretty high. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I suffered from vertigo a couple of weeks ago when I was doing the clutch slave-cylinder job. Every time I moved, it felt like the room was moving around, and it became so bad I had to retire to the lounge and just rest for about 30 minutes. I even had to lay off the beer that evening. Anyway, I'm putting it down to some kind of reaction to the proximity of an Esprit, as I already take pills for high BP. Or it could have been stress, due to the traumatic experience of having to get the braided clutch hose routed to the high standard expected by Sparky, who's critical inspection was looming.

Aside from the kidney disease I have, there are numerous causes of high blood pressure. Being a fat lazy bastard who pisses it up all the time is just one such possible cause (trust me on this one), but as I know Bibs doesn't fall into that category, it must therefore be something else causing his problem.

Margate Exotics.

Pete. Appreciate the thoughts. As much as it wasn't really tongue in cheek at all, I am over it now for today.

That bloody depression thread has opened up a can of worms in here, and as much as I know it was well intentioned, it has taken away the "happy place" I used to use this forum as as an escape, because everyone who knows me on here also now knows I'm a proper fruit loop, something that was reserved for a special few. It's now public knowledge. I don't like that, but what has been written and read can not be taken away.

Now I vent on here.

Ian, I think my little nephew has got his eye on that old girl... I'll let him know to give you a call if he changes his mind.

I think the candid way people posted on the depression thread was brilliant and showed the strength of the individuals concerned. To publicly share such a thing reflects positively on those individuals and may, just may, lead to someone else seeking treatment (of whatever means) earlier.

Agreed. I do see that. It's just changed this place for me, purely because of how I posted in there.

I've volunteered for a study at the local university in response to a local radio advert looking for candidates to study, part of that will involve giving a blood sample.

I kinda hope a little bit of my fcukedupness goes someway to helping further education and understanding of the issues at a deeper level.

My blood has a lot to answer for at present though! :D

Chunky Lover

Just sat here drinking my coffee has reminded me that certain things can cause high BP..........like coffee. I only drink one cup a day, but that and salt are some of the more well-known suspects.

Not drinking enough is another possibility. Water, that is Bibs, before you get too excited! 2 litres a day is good. But salt and coffee are temporary causes, not long term.

Margate Exotics.

170/120 so they've put me on Ramipril 2.5mg immediately. Cholesterol is fine at 5mmol/L although apparently I've not good enough good fat (the high density stuff) so I'm back for a kidney function fasting blood test in a couple of weeks and to check my BP to see if they need to up the Ramipril dose. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Ramipril can you give you a dry tickly cough, let the docs know if it does and it bothers you, I ended up on 10 mg doses and tolerate it really well, also get an amlodipine too. Now its always bang on what it should be.

Losing 3 stone has helped me a lot though

Losing weight is always a good move, if you can do it. I never have any side effects with my BP pills, even though my dosage is 100mg. Apart from odd momentary lapses in mental function which cause me to buy things that I don't need, like cars, that is. Oh, and it causes excessive drinking and farting whilst in the company of blokes from Watford.

Margate Exotics.

I have Ramipril 5mg and Amlodipin 2.5mg, which finally got the blood pressure down. 

When I was young I kept telling my wife I don't really want to get old. But,  she looked at me and  insisted that we get old together.   Today she looks at me and says I look old  :huh:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

Been on Laprosil 12.5 for the last year then a month ago BP went ski high, huge pressure at work, bursting headaches so couldnt sllep at night, finaly went back to my doc who doubled up the dosage, all's good again. I just wonder if it's a merry go round, settle for a year then blast it up again. So how long before it can cause permanent damage.

• Gold FFM

No it's lack of use of the Lotus that's the problem, stuck out here for a month at a time and the poor Blue thing stuck in a garage waiting for me to come back and blast her. Lotus with drawl creates High Blood Pressure, I am sure of it.