Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 54 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

Typical. As soon as I have a rant on here, they phone me back to tell me they've had to order new casings for the gauges and it'll be two weeks.

This is frustrating because if they'd opened the box and checked to see what needed doing when they got it, we'd all be a lot better off. Reminds me of my dealings with the tame apes at Fawlty Turbos.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And according to them, they are nothing whatsoever to do with Caerbont Automotve Industries after I said I thought they were the suppliers of Caerbont gauges and one and the same as Slowly Cables.

Really? Not according to Google maps. Or the post code. Or, by the look of it, Google Earth. And how is it that yesterday it was going to take two weeks, as they had to order the new casings in, but today, they're finished?

I smell a rat.

Margate Exotics.

Finally got a call from them to extract an eye-watering amount of cash from me in exchange for a set of reconditioned instruments. Should be with me tomorrow, hopefully they've made a good job of it or the explosion will be felt for miles around.

If they pass the test, that's the weekend sorted for me.

Margate Exotics.

I drive like an old fart, so there's absolutely no danger of end stop damage. The only one who's ever damaged a gauge of mine has been Sparky, whilst trying to impress me with his driving skills!

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Oi!  I resemble that remark.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, ian29gte said:

I drive like an old fart, so there's absolutely no danger of end stop damage. The only one who's ever damaged a gauge of mine has been Sparky, whilst trying to impress me with his driving skills!

Presumably a missed change..?

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

46 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Presumably a missed change..?

Nah, on application of full throttle, the oil pressure gauge fell out.

I reckon he only has to be close to an Esprit for things to break!

Margate Exotics.