Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 41 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

• 5 weeks later...

The Stratton GTs are finally for sale, well 4 out of the 5 are advertised,  like to know your thoughts on the cars now that they are complete. My thoughts are the the biggest disappointment is the mishmash of Evora wheels fitted to the cars, Stratton did say to me a some time ago that they had commissioned a wheel company to supply a new wheel for the car, obviously that never happened.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907069788752

Where to start? Others like TheKevlarKid have greater knowledge than I but I’ll have a go.

438bhp? TKK had his original Swindon engined car dyno’d at 385bhp. I don’t know if Stratton have uprated theirs, but their figure may be based on old Lotus claims from the Bahar era (eg. 444PS).

All original GTEs were IPS semi-autos? I understood they were a relatively troublesome/problematic automated manual. I think my car now has one of these development units in standard manual form. Isn’t the IPS a torque converter auto?

All original GTEs were LHD. We know of 8 RHD. Even the car The Stig drove for Top Gear back in the day was RHD.

All GTEs were sold before they were built. I doubt that more than a couple, if any, were sold. Most were loaned to Bahar chums etc. Some never left Lotus. Otherwise how come about 25 were back languishing in the Hethel car-park within a year or so of production?

The GTEs were built to GT3 regulations. There was no GT3 category at Le Mans in 2011. The GTE category was based on GT2 regulations.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone, I’m an ex lotus owner (elise exige and evora). after the lotus experience I’ve  bought a nissan gtr... so I love sport cars but, I felt in love with the gte at the first sight... Now I’d like to ask you, ehat do you think about gte, how is the car. is it different compared to an evora s?

at last, the mandory kit costs over 50.000€, if I buy it I’ll do a fake gte?

Sorry for being dim, but what is CC TVS 1900?

My GTE is for sale here https://www.georgemackay.co.uk/used-cars/lotus-evora-3-5-vvt-i-v6-s-20-coupe-2dr-edinburgh-201902235229603 and although not mentioned in the advert, it has the Komo-tec upgrade to 430bhp

• Like 1

It is a Harrop developed supercharger and charge cooler for the exige and evora v6. Made with input from ssc - a aussie Lotus dealer. A fantastic upgrade, i had my non cc version installed by Hofmanns. Love it!

thanks for the answers! what I'd like to understand is if you hear a difference between an evora s and a gt350 at driving level. the gt350 is wider with revised suspension, do you feel the difference? the mansory kit is the same aesthetically but has spacers and does not change the suspension ... will it have a worse guide?

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

How about a Stratton one? LHD too.

interesting but I live in Italy and therefore I am worried about engine maintenance ... then they should be 2 + 0 and I would prefer 2 + 2 for children ...
very beautiful in any case !!! even the interiors ... I think they are pre 2012 and I did not understand if the suspension is changed ...

As you can see from the Registry, there were only four 2+2 cars. 2 RHD and 2 LHD including mine. The other one was sold to Switzerland, so you could try and track that one down.

The 2+2 is very useful. I have just spent a family weekend away, with our 11 and 13 year-old kids squashed in the back.

29 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

As you can see from the Registry, there were only four 2+2 cars. 2 RHD and 2 LHD including mine. The other one was sold to Switzerland, so you could try and track that one down.

The 2+2 is very useful. I have just spent a family weekend away, with our 11 and 13 year-old kids squashed in the back.

I have two children of 6 and 5 years so 2 + 2 is almost mandatory ... I consider you really lucky, also because I practically had it but then I changed my mind ... a curiosity, how are the interiors? I only have the photos of the car before they were rebuilt ... the interior was all white

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 15/09/2019 at 19:00, 21gg said:

So have I got the highest milage GTE yet? 

😁

IMG_20190914_172942.jpg

I saw your stunning GTE at the Bicester Heritage Scramble yesterday. Fab that you use it so much and it was one of the stand-out cars on show, if not the stand-out. Not that many there knew what it was. 

Justin

• Like 1

Cheers Justin, what were you in? Its funny, a lot people don't know what it is, even some die hard lotus fans. With the Bicester trip and getting it serviced its now got 500 miles more!