Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2015 Celebrations - Help required! - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2015 Celebrations - Help required!

While I appreciate we're having a special event for the Esprit I intend to treat visitors to a celebration of 40 years since the launch of the Esprit and 20 years since the launch of the Elise.

Anyone got any ideas how best to do it and any offers of assistance please?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A bit obvious but a line-up and parade lap with 40 Esprits and 20 Elises would be a good start.

I suppose the ultimate line up would be one car from each year of production but that would be a right royal PITA!

We could shoot a TLF video - a ride in 40 different Esprits. We could even try to record a happy birthday tune made up of the different exhaust sounds they make (well, I'll give it a go).

I'd love to see a fastest lap challenge or exhibition 'race' between the fastest factory Esprits (Sport 300 and Sport 350) and the fastest factory Elises (S1 - Sport190, S2 - Elise SC, S3 - Elise S Cup). Even better if we could get some of the Esprit GT race cars out of hibernation along with the first motorsport Elise.

Happy to help and can bring my Esprit, so that's 39 to go.

How about a beauty contest for women that still look great at 40 (just like the Esprit)? In swimwear naturally, Simon can be the hands-on judge (also in swimwear). Sorry, not helping!

Don't forget it's the 35th Anniversary of the Turbo Esprit too.

Are there as many as 40 S1s in the country? Probably not roadworthy ones. It would be great to set a record for Esprit S1s, but I suspect 40 is too ambitious.

It would be cool though, I'm sure we could rustle up 35 Turbos and 20 S1 Elises.

Work commitments prevailing, Happy to muck in and help.

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

How about a beauty contest for women that still look great at 40 (just like the Esprit)? In swimwear naturally, Simon can be the hands-on judge (also in swimwear). Sorry, not helping!

I like your thinking... I'm in..!! :)

Chunky Lover

http://www.lotus-festival.com/

15th & 16th August.

I'll be there, with the Esprit, and happy to help.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

so it means that hethel event is dead?

not sure.....don't think so.....I think its all still under discussion,,,,,no final decision has happened yet (unless Ive missed it)

could be

France,

Belgium,

Hethel

or Brands Hatch

this thread is for the Brands Hatch event......they want to do something at the Lotus Festival...aswell as something else.........

Edited by theelanman

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

More than likely Hethel, awaiting their permission.

Will also be a celebration to the 18,000 strong crowd at the Biggin Hill Air Show, more details to follow.

Now, back to the Festival... :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be up with Lionel for either (but only one) of the days, and happy to help out if I can.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny