Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Registry Editable Spreadsheet - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Registry Editable Spreadsheet

Bibs

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

Yes one with red Esprits with black carpets for me please....

Actually I think you're right. Splitting out the dry sump cars could have been done by adding an extra column in the existing list.

buddsy

Indeed.

Not that I'm trying to prevent anyone creating more registers, just trying to save someone the work in doing so.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The Registry already had loads of wet/dry/empty/missing sump cars. I still don't understand why it wasn't used (or modified to suit requirements). Being a spreadsheet it would be oh so easy to extract say, any subset for model specific perusal. Anyway...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

In the case of the Dry Sump register it was started as a bit of fun and developed from there, I was not even aware of the Esprit register on a google spreadsheet at the time. To build the Dry Sump register up to nearly a 100 cars so far has taken endless hours of work emailing people and searching for snippets of info online and various forums which has been fun, again through support of forum members it was made possible as many have been involved. ??

There was only a limited amount listed on the Esprit Register at the time which had been running for a fair while.

No intention was made to tread on toes etc and being on an open page can be easily added by anyone who has edit access onto the main google sheet.

I will continue to run this with the other dry sump guys, the next step will be paying Andy Graham to get the last 40 odd cars basic info which I will do at personal expense and share openly.

I am happy to email the Dry Sump page over on Excel to any moderators/editors for easy reading.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

4 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Hello Dave. It was not meant to be a criticism, I think you guys are doing a brilliant job and well done, I absolutely understand how much work is involved in these things. My bemusement was the starting point/location in terms of eventually having to merge all of the "new" register info in to what is already in the Registry. But as you say, you didn't know about it :)

It's all good, we are all in this together B-)

Alan I never took it as a criticism and agree the main Register is the way forward, the joy of forums is opinions and different views which makes for good reading for the whole community. In life if we all had the same ideals thinking the same way it would be a pretty boring existence. ?

My point was only that lots of this info which Jonny, myself and Dan started to assemble was a way to collate information specific to a few questions you keep seeing about how many Dry Sump cars, Comps, BBS, radios, Essex etc and to understand when the changes were made including when Dry went to Wet. The Register would not show that clear route unless those fields were added and separated.

Chris did post it on page one after we started but unfortunately only a few cars were shown as dry Sump and the chassis numbers were mixed with the S2.2 and S3.

Richard has put a lot of work into capturing the Wet Sump cars which will certainly help the main register also, doing the mini satalite tables can only be a bonus to the overall cause as being proactive chasing down the information rather than wait for it to arrive keeps the thread alive and in the forefront.

I know I would be happy to get involved as an editor on the main Register chasing cars....starting to sound like Wayne Carini! ? 

To everyone who does spends time keeping, contributing and setting up the registers for all to use and enjoy I applaud your commitment. ????

Dave :) 

• Like 2

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Just to muddy the waters even further I have a list of G cars that I know about on the full island of Ireland but only have registrations for most of them and not chassis numbers so don't think they are of use to ye!

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

The spreadsheet seems to be gone from Google again? The message says it's been deleted.

For anyone's ref, you are currently reading the new version of the TLF Esprit registry thread, started in 2015.

The original Esprit registry thread from 2008 is here.

A second new version compiled by forum member LJR provides a pdf file.