Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 24 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

Bill, i had to laugh at your post, but then I am getting slowly drunk in Warsaw! I don't think 3 weeks to get a part is good, 3 days then yes...

but please forgive my tipsy state the beer is cold and the Wodka colder....

:D

It's a lot less time than I had to wait for parts for my old 987 Cayman S.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Most people in the USA don't even know Lotus exists.  sorry but its true.  When they see my Espirtv8 and we talk about it, they ask, "Which car company makes Lotus?"   They think its a luxury spinoff like 

VW-> AUDI  

Toyota-> Lexus

Nissan -> Infinity

I think there is a big gap between HYPE and 'no presense at all'.  Lotus can easily land somewhere in between the two with a little effort.

They think its a luxury spinoff like 

VW-> AUDI  

Toyota-> Lexus

Nissan -> Infinity

[pedant] Audi isn't a 'luxury spinoff'. The Audi company predates Volkswagen by several decades: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi#History

Audi and VW are just different brands within the VAG 'empire' (just like Seat, Bentley, Lambourghini, Ducati etc etc). [/pedant]

And now, back to your regular programming...

[pedant] Audi isn't a 'luxury spinoff'. The Audi company predates Volkswagen by several decades: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi#History

Audi and VW are just different brands within the VAG 'empire' (just like Seat, Bentley, Lambourghini, Ducati etc etc). [/pedant]

And now, back to your regular programming...

IMHO an Audi is a very expensive way to buy a Skoda ;)

• Like 1

Having owned my Evora for only a month or two... I WANT a 400.

I don't "need" it, but I want one. Simples.

I will have one, of that I'm sure. 2 or 3yrs old and I'll trade my Evora towards it.

So, if someone can order a Solar Yellow or Chrome Orange Evora 400 please :lol:

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I actually think that's a shame. A 345 at say £55k - £60k and then the 400 at £75k with paint. Nice...

Guess it's all about capacity though. Still want a 400 though but in 2 years time. Can someone order an Ardent Red one, forged wheels, and no back seats. I might be able to buy it off you in 2018.... lol

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

What you are talking about here is promotion.    Hype is one part of a promotion strategy and i think Lotus have done a better job than in recent years with the 400.  Although somewhat ironically the campaign that bahar did at the launch of the evora was actually really good......

Oh deary deary dear. :2guns:  :thumbdown:  :no  :vava:  :realmad:  Enter stage left is Kimbers swinging a big axe and threatening all sorts of nasties to your manhood.

Wash your mouth out with soap, then go away and study the Evora History book then beg forgiveness from the highest grand master Kimbers. :rtfm:

(I think you will find it was Mike Kimberly who stood up at the UK Motor Show in 2008 at the launch which was when I started my Evora love-in.  Twas him in charge when they ran the Invisible Man marketing campaign prior to the launch. (I think it was called) It was also him in charge for about the next 18 months or so :respect:  I think before the Spiv took over and immediately killed the Evora sales with his comments that have taken a further 4 years to slowly build back up from.

Shame on you bringing disrepute to LEGS.  :popo::cry:  :o

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

:hrhr: It might take more than that if you meet Kimbers tho'   :X

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Dealers are taking orders now. You cant order anything but a 400 now, manufacturer of the 345 has stopped.

I know people do, but I couldn't spend that much of my hard earned without driving one first. I'd like to know it lives up to what we all hope it is.

When will the demonstraters arrive?

I think they are being built at the moment. My dealer was hopeful of having one by early July if all went well.  At the time we spoke a couple of weeks ago he confirmed Bibs statement and indicated he had a number of orders but they had all been subject to get out clauses as at the time of placing no prices were known.

Lets face it if you had been considering buying a new Evora S anyway and you could afford what we now know is the small (%!) extra to a 400 it isn't exactly a big risk is it?  It is highly unlikely to be worse than the previous product and many of us had the chance to sit in the show car at Geneva and see the changes in the flesh.  The unknowns are therefore limited.

Those of us who ordered one in summer 2008 for a delivery that turned out to be 16 months later on a completely fresh car were taking a risk as all we knew were the looks.  Yes...... now remind me why I did that again?  :huh:  :)

I can't afford a new one and I've only had my 'old' one for 5 weeks - just wanted to know whether to target this forum or the good folk at Silverstone Lotus with subliminal messages about Motorsports Green 400's so there are some used ones in a few years ;)

Look into my eyes, into my eyes, not around them but into my eyes - when you awaken you'll have a burning desire to order Motorsports Green with all options ticked...

Oh deary deary dear. :2guns:  :thumbdown:  :no  :vava:  :realmad:  Enter stage left is Kimbers swinging a big axe and threatening all sorts of nasties to your manhood.

Wash your mouth out with soap, then go away and study the Evora History book then beg forgiveness from the highest grand master Kimbers. :rtfm:

(I think you will find it was Mike Kimberly who stood up at the UK Motor Show in 2008 at the launch which was when I started my Evora love-in.  Twas him in charge when they ran the Invisible Man marketing campaign prior to the launch. (I think it was called) It was also him in charge for about the next 18 months or so :respect:  I think before the Spiv took over and immediately killed the Evora sales with his comments that have taken a further 4 years to slowly build back up from.

Shame on you bringing disrepute to LEGS.  :popo::cry:  :o

Thanks Al for pointing out the truth...

The Evora is widely recognised as MJK, Roger Becker and his Teams swansong to the company before Bahar blew everything away in a mass of media hype and tried to destroy the company single handedly. You are also correct in that Bahar appeared on National TV and ran the Evora down, saying his company car was a Porker. However he then had to eat humble pie after cancelling the Europa, 211, Exige, all but the 1.6 Elise, the half developed Esprit etc all in favour of his vision that would and could never be realised unless Lotus were owned by the Sultan of Brunei and it would have bankrupted him!

Lets get the truth here. MJK was in charge and directly responsible with his team of Directors, including Roger Becker, for the Evora. But few know that they were also at least partly resonsible for the V6 Exige which they had already put an engine in to testt. This like everything else was written off by Bahar till he realised he needed new models and had no money left. So he claimed not only the Evora but the Exige V6. Which, at least in part, was the real swansong of the team under MJK and Becker.

I can be truthful because my father never would do it, because he's a better man that me. He was written out of the History of Lotus under Bahar. Even to the point that anything with his name on was destroyed. He was never mentioned, given any credit (despite turning the company around in 2 years, making a profit for the first time in 10 years and bringing out the first new model for 12 years). 

Getting back on track with the topic. I know he is grateful for DRB for sorting the company he loves so much and wholeheartedly backs them. It's also a great reflection on what he, Roger and their team did 7 years ago as the new 400 is basically their car modernised and given beef! Shows that what they did then was basically a long lasting design.

If I had the money I would buy a 400 instantly.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

If I had the money I would buy a 400 instantly.

Same here!  It doesn't make sense for me to replace my Evora until 2017 unless the a dealer gives me a great trade-in and there's some kind of discount on the new car.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

@@@Kimbers:

When I started getting interested in buying an Evora I also looked at the vid showing the development of the Evora, also the presentation as mentioned by you.

To be honest: When I compare the actual presentation of the E 400 to the "former days" I recognize a Little bit of lack of enthusiasm of the People in charge........, even Matt Becker left the Company, never understand this (maybe not understandable without knowing insider-Facts......)

but that is maybe only me getting old..........I hope that the 400 will be a great success, im the Change from the current S might be a sensible idea / Option we will see.........

I know he is grateful for DRB for sorting the company he loves so much and wholeheartedly backs them.

I get a bit lost with all of the TLAs but is that a typo???? Did you mean JMG?

Pulling The Kimbers discussion back in to the 400 topic a bit...

I recently read an article about the 400 and the new company politics and policies.  It stated the 400 was the first car finished ahead of schedule due to newly implemented processes and procedures.  Anyone know if this is a true statement?  They sort of gave the impression that until now, Lotus builds were just people running around all willy nilly with no idea what to do with themselves...

Same here!  It doesn't make sense for me to replace my Evora until 2017 unless the a dealer gives me a great trade-in and there's some kind of discount on the new car.

Well I won't!

Simply because I still prefer the Evora GTE coming to me next month.  :unworthy:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Who needs an Evora when they have an Excel......(me).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer