Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
game over... - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

game over...

Escape

Hey congrats Filip! Your original drawing is deadly, and I'm very very envious of the building! Do you work with cars for a living? I just started the design process with an architect friend for my home/place to produce SOUP, and my concept is almost exactly what you drew. Life is simple, priorities are easy :D 

• Like 2

Thanks George, the drawing is actually something from the web, a layout for the perfect petrolhead mancave or such. :) But it certainly is appropriate!

I work on cars (mostly Land Rover and classics) as a side job, after my hours in the office. I started on my own cars, then those of friends and family and decided it was worth the investment to be able to work more comfortable with a lift etc. We started with an existing building, and found there was not that much to improve on when starting from scratch. The biggest difference is before everything was at full height (5.8m). But we only need that where the lifts are, so decided to add a first floor where the workbays are, so we have extra storage space.

Curious about your SOUP project!

Filip 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

22 minutes ago, Escape said:

I work on cars (mostly Land Rover and classics) .....The biggest difference is before everything was at full height (5.8m). But we only need that where the lifts are, so decided to add a first floor...

Filip

We have lots in common Filip! :) 

That was smart thinking with the 1st floor, easier to heat everything in winter too. I'll bet you're daydreaming about it all the time. I dream of a space set up exactly the way I want it, but I'm not complaining, I did my first Land Rover outside 6 months through winter. 

Love your passion... doing it after work. I'm trying to make it work full time and I'm not nearly there but haven't sank yet. I'm not saying this on the record because it's so far fetched, but I'm very sheepishly trying to see if it'll be feasible to build my garage [to live in initially] in my series. 

21 minutes ago, Bibs said:

SOUP...

Thanks matey! 

• Like 1

He must have read I'm coming over to Ireland soon. :sofa:

@Bibs thanks for the link, I was planning to do a search but this saves me the trouble. ;)

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I'd need a pretty big lobster cracker and seafood fork :D

This thread escalated to cannibalism very quickly. Filip's TLF handle is starting to seem very appropriate. Filip if you could be lazy for the coming days it'd be great, it makes a big difference to the tenderness of the meat lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Excellent choice Alan! Kasteelbier ('beer of the castle') is one of my favorites, the dark version is even better. :cheers:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Yeah, the roof light is really handy, and gives a bit of an open feeling.

The intermediate floor was something I added during the rebuild, to have workbays underneath and storage above. With the old layout, this wasn't possible. But it does mean we have a little bit less room around the lifts. Amazing how soon you fill all available space, no matter how large. 😉

Filip

• Gold FFM

Hmmmm, FlandersFest...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.