Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Ebay-bot] Early 1980 Lotus Esprit S3. Genuine John Player Special Factory Fitted Engine - Page 2 - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Ebay-bot] Early 1980 Lotus Esprit S3. Genuine John Player Special Factory Fitted Engine

ebay

The seller can control if questions appear or not.

Past experience suggests buyers rarely do their homework about Lotuses and appear here too late. Even Chris Evans with all his moolah ended up with a right clunker and sold it very quickly

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Seems another member has very recently had a good experience buying his blue Turbo from this dealer, so surely a bit unfair to have a go without having personal experience.......

Edited by stephenwhyte

Gent's it strikes me that given there's no way to warn a prospective buyer on ebay, the only responsible course of action is to give the vendor the benefit of the doubt (that they are reiterating what they believe to be true) and instead contact them to advise that the car simply isn't what they think it is. 

At that point they either take according action or they don't. In the event that a prospective buyer does actually find this thread, they'll either be reassured or fully resolved that it's not for them.

EDIT: The photos btw have been taken by someone who knows their way around a camera, and at a time they knew the light would be good (sun low in the sky). They've been reworked in post production - lowered saturation, heightened contrast and some colour tint for the most part. Some have been sharpened more than others. I mention that because when you sharpen a hi resolution photo it becomes very 'honest'. If you look at the interior shots you can see individual flecks of dust, wear on the wheel, carpet, centre console and to the right of the dash. To put it bluntly - someone taking photos at this level could easily have hidden the interior wear, the stone chips and even the laminations in the glass if they wanted, and no one would be any the wiser until they saw the car in the flesh. 

Edited by GTK

• Gold FFM

I have seen a lot worse to be fair.....

anyone that has a bit of a research will for sure find out what it is.

But as it stands - there are a lot more expensive comparible cars on the web........ It's not that bad value really

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The value isn't in question initially. It is the description which is misleading.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

relisted - price dropped by 1k, no mention of JPS now, Cat C is mentioned, and the ownership description is a bit convoluted.

• Gold FFM

Looks like they have far more accurately described now

Still a nice car - they've clearly been on this forum and taken note - even so far as to highlight the car is as good as the photos - nearly denying any touching up digitally!!!

Have to say - if I was still looking - I'd be very tempted

Only here once

It didn't, and it isn't a JPS either.

I stand corrected - well done for the seller in persevering in their research. 

However, with the exterior now shouting Turbo Esprit - where's the damn turbo, the interior no longer being black leather with gold cloth inserts, and the non standard wheels, maybe the 1st advert was more accurate in that it has a JPS engine.

I agree with Dan, in that I'd prefer the original. So, how much would it cost to turn this

5905273.jpg

back into this

4-007.jpg

and restore the interior from this

5905283.jpg

to this?

3-021.jpg

As that is what I'd want to do.

Whilst it is what it is, feels a shame that somebody went to the effort and expense to converted a proper JPS Esprit into a turbo look a like.

At least a new owner won't have to rebuild the turbo.

Wonder if the wheels are 14 or 15 inch?

so if it was in it`s original state how much would it be worth?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Oh I get it now it's an ORIGINAL JPS commemorative edition just with a different body, different wheels, a different interior, no stickers

I have an antique axe at home - over 500 years old, my father changed the handle and my grandfather changed the axehead but it's still over 500 years old

What a cheek to call it a JPS!

• Like 2