Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eletre - Page 12 - Eletre & Emeya Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eletre

auRouge

Very interesting indeed.

JMG hinted at a European factory for the Lotus SUV. Well we now know that Geely's Coventry will be put to use at least for the design and I'm going to guess key vehicle engineering.  Now Coventry is LEVC's home (formerly London Taxi Co.) they have have a brand new facility  that is able to build in excess of 20,000 car per year so. Even if they sell electric taxis and vans (soon) there's probably room for the SUV to manufacture the car there. Also, this taxi is using aluminium extrusions for its chassis something that would probably help keeping with the Lotus ethos. And I seem to remember reading somewhere that some key members of LEVC staff are former Lotus staff?!

I sense a future Lotus EV Luxobarge coming our way using the SPA V90 platform and I foresee a successor to the Elite because that Polestar 1 is begging for a twin sister.

Edited by NedaSay

"While a facility in Coventry was already on the cards before Geely acquired Lotus, Horbury said the purchase cemented that decision. “I could have expanded Gothenburg or Shanghai studios. When Lotus came along, I thought it was wise to maintain the creative work of Lotus in England. If we couldn’t expand Hethel with enough people to do all the projects, we’d better stay in England within reasonable distance.”

“The ambitions for Lotus are greater than before Geely came along. There is the possibility of building a whole group of vehicles which carry the Lotus name into areas that Lotus hasn’t been before.”

(Peter Horbury - Geely’s design boss.)

SUV lays the future for more jobs in 🇬🇧, a range of SUV's?? and other models!! Geely clearly has Porsche as it's benchmark. 

Fast EV Lotus Saloon anyone?!

IMG_6950.PNG

I quite like the look of this Porsche..

I really like that saloon render above and depending 0on price it could be the 2nd new Lotus I buy!   (even though it is general render, i know...).

But for christ's sake, I do hope they stick a proper engine in it rather than the electric crap.  By all means a petrol/electric hybrid if you really must, but not just an electric one. i like my sports cars (coupes, targa, whatever) to have proper engines in them. i know I am a laggard, a dullard, living in the past etc, but I just don't want an electric vehicle. And I suspect, i am not alone....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
On 24/04/2018 at 20:02, KAS-118 said:

The front looks Porsche to me.....

Snap! That's what i thought as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Well I certainly would not be hugging the tree would I @LotusLeftLotusRight!

Oh my god, please please don't tell me that render was a Porsche. i feel violated and physically sick now.  I need a drink....

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to play a little dirty sh!tty trick like that to post a picture of a Porsche on a Lotus Fanboy site? I mean, this is not the playground!

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The Problem with the Porsche saloons are that they're massive - over 5m in length.

I personally just want a compact coupe what can (just about) seat 4 - an 'stretched' Evora with about 2 to 4 more inches (both rear legroom and headroom) would be fantastic - I can but dream.....

• Like 1

My wife dreams about an extra 2 - 4 inches too...

• Haha 2

The small print.

4 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

The Problem with the Porsche saloons are that they're massive - over 5m in length.

Unbelievably true. When I saw the new Panamera Tourismo in the mags I thought that it didn't look too bad, finally sorted the appearance of what is a Fugly car to make it merely bearable.

Thought it might make a decent second hand buy in a few years (residuals being very poor on Panameras), so I went to look at one. I found myself looking at it thinking, my god this is long. It was in a parking space with the back of it hung about 6 inches over the pavement and the front of it on the line. I turned around and there was a 911 (don't ask me what sort I have no idea) which had about a foot of space at the front and nearly 2 feet at the rear. Even the Cayenne next to that had space around it. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Generally, all cars are getting too big for my liking. That is probably why many BMW enthusiasts are choosing the M2 over the M3 (sorry, M4) these days. I have also being looking for a compact rwd coupé with the ability to seat 4 and the M2 is the only one I could find.

5 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

I personally just want a compact coupe what can (just about) seat 4 - an 'stretched' Evora with about 2 to 4 more inches (both rear legroom and headroom) would be fantastic - I can but dream.....

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-beijing-motor-show/lotus-suv-will-put-brand-more-luxury-market

Not sure how this will go down. Now mum can feel cool picking up the kids from school in a Lotus. 😂

I don't think it could go too wrong, though. Lotus are good at what they do. 

Good news will put the company into profit, which means new cash flow for new sport cars, every sport car manufacturer are building SUVs or are about to for the same reason so why not Lotus.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a camo suv this morning near the factory but first impression was very similar to a later Freelander.

Hard to tell with all those black and white swirls all over it but didn't look like what you would think Lotus suv would look like style wise.

Could have been something from a different project down the road at Engineering or a mule of some sort.

chipp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clivef38 said:

Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren,  Don't do SUV so why do Lotus need one?

Time to get out of the cave dude. Even if everything is not pretty out there 😉 😋

Edited by rallyesax

17 hours ago, clivef38 said:

Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren,  Don't do SUV so why do Lotus need one?

Lambo don't do SUV ???header.jpg

Right!

Edited by NedaSay

18 hours ago, chipp said:

Saw a camo suv this morning near the factory but first impression was very similar to a later Freelander.

Hard to tell with all those black and white swirls all over it but didn't look like what you would think Lotus suv would look like style wise.

Could have been something from a different project down the road at Engineering or a mule of some sort.

chipp

Could also just be a chassis/powertrain mule. Nobody will be looking closely at a Land Rover mule, they are far too ubiquitous. And where was your smartphone camera mate? Your spy pics reflexes need sharpening. 😤😝

• Like 1

Could have possibly been the Geely Boyue/Emgrand they do look similar but do they share the Volvo SPA which supports the new hybrid powertrains.

chipp

On 24/05/2018 at 13:23, scotty435 said:

Good news will put the company into profit, which means new cash flow for new sport cars, every sport car manufacturer are building SUVs or are about to for the same reason so why not Lotus.

Fair game, I actually hadn't thought about that being a reason for sport car manufacturers making SUVs. 

Nonetheless I wanted to make a little post about this as I'm intrigued to see how a Lotus SUV will turn out. No doubt it will be completely unique vs every other SUV out there - Lotus have always been spot on at making their cars stand out. Always reason to be proud to be British really! 

• Like 1

We're almost bound to see an EV Lotus badged XC90 now......................... Though like Aston we're a bit behind the times now