Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Are there any female Esprit owners? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Are there any female Esprit owners?

eeyoreish

Has anyone else noticed how certain cars tend to be driven almost exclusively by men and others almost always by women?

For example, my wife used to have a Merc SLK and pretty much every SLK I see on the road is driven by a woman. I actually can't remember seeing one being driven by a man...

Then there are those cars that always seem to have male drivers - big Jags and Land Rovers spring to mind.

This got me thinking... are there any women Esprit owners out there? It occurred to me that every Esprit owner I've encountered in real life and here on the forum has been a bloke... Surely there must be some female Esprit fans??

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

There used to be, but she sold the car a few years back.

So is Espriting now an exclusively male pursuit??

The current Mrs H likes her fast cars and 'appreciates' the Esprit now it's here but I can't imagine for a moment that she'd go out and buy one.

• Gold FFM

( the woman I own !! )Mine hates mine.... It's too fast, noisy and wooshy......

All the reasons I absolutely love it

Only here once

I drop my kids off to school in the morning at the bus stop and the ladies there say my Esprit is horrible.  It's to "pointy" they say and they like curvy cars like Porsches, Audi TTs and Nissan Figaro's (even my Wife wants a Nissan Figaro!).  I did take particular offence to their comments but managed to conceal it.  But they said they like my Mustang, and that's not curvy. 

What goes on in Ladies heads is bewildering. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

It's not even worth the effort of trying to understand, ... You'd be wrong anyway

And kids,,,, plural,,,,, you squeeze two of the aspiration money suckers in????

• Like 1

Only here once

It's not even worth the effort of trying to understand, ... You'd be wrong anyway

Yep, you're right Barry.

Just leave it that women of any age can't keep their hands off of an Esprit pilot

:smoke:

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Hi Barry,

3 kids.  Yes, I've learnt over the years that the Lady is always right, even when she's wrong.  And she does like my Esprit, so I've decided to remain married to her.

Thinking back many years, there was a Lady Esprit Owner, she was called Kylie Adams.  She was on the Unity forum.  She was from new Zealand and owned an S350 IIRC.

Edit:

Here was here LEW page:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOwners/KylieAdams.html

And her website with maiden name:

http://www.kyliesmith.com/

We used to have a Lisa with an S4, Purza with a V8 and Sue had an S3 Turbo plus Howard whose wife had a Sport 350. In fact Kylie in NZ had a Sport 350 too! It's not just a male pastime!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Careful, lest your pride and joy winds up on ebay for 50p

Yes, I remember!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/4122842.stm

But she's understands I have a car problem.  When we got married I married my car too. There's photographic evidence! 

We used to have a Lisa with an S4, Purza with a V8 and Sue had an S3 Turbo plus Howard whose wife had a Sport 350. In fact Kylie in NZ had a Sport 350 too! It's not just a male pastime!

Hi Bibs, we have 4 ladies of out of how many blokes?  IMO the Esprit is unfortunately a blokes car.  (By the way, apologies, I'm on my 6th pint!).

My wife (Sue) loved the car, an 84 Turbo Esprit. It was her pride and joy for 4 years. She sold it to buy a BMW 840, just as angular with pop up headlamps, a little faster, more power but also more modern and reliable. She dislikes most Porsches as they are too rounded and curvy, apart from the 944 which may one day be hers when she tires of the BMW.

She has already said that she will go back to an Esprit at some point but likely an S3 hc next time.

John

P.s. Mark B Sue says (and this is a direct quote) "bloke's car my arse"

Edited by Mr_John111

My wife use to drive the S4s and really liked it. A long time ago I got an earful when she came home and found I'd sold it to someone who made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Now she wants a Lamborghini, got to love her!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

What goes on in Ladies heads is bewildering. 

:yes:

My wife likes my Esprit and understands why I love it but would never buy one. Factors like "it looks hard to drive", "it's got big doors", it's too low to see out properly" are all wimmins logic that can never be argued with.

It's unlikely there will ever be a fundamental change in this but it can happen, like with MX5s which used to be exclusively female cars and are now driven almost exclusively by bearded benny-hatted oiks.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I bought my blue car (in my avatar) from a lady S1 owner.  It was her pride and joy 20 years ago.  She would cruise around Malibu in it, with a new paintjob, new leather interior, and chromed Wolfraces.  Unfortunately, with the passage of time it sat too long, and was in too much disrepair for her to fix.  So I bought it...

Wow, so they are out there then, just in short supply!

On the subject of 'Wimmins logic' in a discussion today about putting a velux window in our roof Mrs H announced that she wanted one that was 'glass but not a window'. Still trying to work out what that might be....

My S1 was owned by a lady for 20 years.

Barbara Bach..?

I wish!