Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sexiest rear wing - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sexiest rear wing

swindon_alan

Sorry, but I am open for fisticuffs here, but as my laptop wallpaper shuffle tells me, the 96-97 V8 rear aerofoil has to be one of the most amazing pieces of sexy design EVER. It blends in with the rear contours beautifully, such a swooping gorgeous shape. Sport 350? Nah, looks like an Airfix kit. 98 on? Nope, again, looks like an afterthought on stilts.

Other marques and designs welcome of course.

:B)

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

The wrap-around wing is indeed beautiful, if slightly impractical. I'd agree it complements the car the best.

I'm partial to the mid-wing though because it's so unique... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

I don't really like the wraparound wing, too round for my taste.

Quite happy with the one on the early SE, being discrete.

If given the choice I'd go for a combination of the late highwing SE mounting, but with a beefier spoiler like the Sport 350. Maybe one day :smoke:

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

The Highwing looks terrible in pictures, but amazing in the flesh. If I find a HW going for sensible money I'll be sure to nab it. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Sorry, but I am open for fisticuffs here, but as my laptop wallpaper shuffle tells me, the 96-97 V8 rear aerofoil has to be one of the most amazing pieces of sexy design EVER. It blends in with the rear contours beautifully, such a swooping gorgeous shape. Sport 350? Nah, looks like an Airfix kit. 98 on? Nope, again, looks like an afterthought on stilts.

Other marques and designs welcome of course.

:B)

I agree.

The S4s/early V8 curved wing is the best looking one to my eyes. The aesthetic flows and blends so perfectly with the Esprit body, although admittedly it's a pain to see through it in the rear-view mirror.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

S4s for sure (early v8 wing) and also sport 300 wing are all the same,

but what a wing!!

If given the choice I'd go for a combination of the late highwing SE mounting, but with a beefier spoiler like the Sport 350. Maybe one day :smoke:

I'm liking this, it's an interesting mental image.

Anybody good with Photoshop?

I prefer the Esprits (Stevens and Julian) with a wing. I understand that the earlier cars had other solutions, but the 88 onwards, are so complemented by a wing, that i find the nakes ones a bit silly to be honest.

I prefer the 1989 SE wing and the Sport300 all day.

Ultimately the Sport300 (as in being the perfect Esprit).

Wingless Esprits from 1988 onwards, were a Money saving option, not a design.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

350S. The bigger and brasher the better!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Perfect looking cars! Subtle, discreete, not in ya' face kind of cars.

Me like. A lot !!!

Perfect to sneak through town, while people looking at the typical Porsche or Ferrari or Lamborghini, so i can overtake them and reach my goal in discretion and without any notice from other road users.

;)

Jacques.

OMG!

I love this kind of out of band stuff.

As long as any mods are temporary and you can put the car back to "original" for the future then It's absolutely brilliant!

I have an idea for mine next summer for the meets and the shows. Not too extreme but pretty bloody sexy :smoke:

I like that Swedish Black Esprit's suspension ;)  ;)  ;)

Yes, I too think that the Esprit is a very elegant car, while having a really great potential for looking very mean and hard as a nail, if so wished for.

Jacques.

• 3 weeks later...

I see what you mean. At the same time, I cannot help liking how extremely mean the Esprit can look as well if you let it go in that direction.

This one for sale in Sweden right now. 

http://www.blocket.se/jonkoping/Extrem_Lotus_62199690.htm?aw=1

What a twat.

Margate Exotics.