Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Crowdfunded Esprit Video - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Crowdfunded Esprit Video

GTK

[Edit by Bibs - Split thread from another topic]

It's only a case of PR. All the Esprits potentially greatest exponents died so there's been no one to shout about the car for decades. The only one left is Giugiaro himself, and I don't know, perhaps some of the more obscure F1 drivers who were gifted Esprits back in the day.

I suggested to Bibs (with my videography hat on) we go interview Giugiaro about the Esprit. There's nothing at all recent about the car online and I can't find anything at all of substance of GG talking about the car. It always seems to get left out. GG's wiki page is a case in point. Under the "influences on design" section the Bora and Merak are quoted as examples of his folded paper work (wtf?) and the Esprit isn't there.

We don't need to do anything as mercenary as a market coup, only take some steps to ensure the car is represented properly. I don't care who makes a video but it should be done. Could be a mini doco with GG, MJK, racing drivers and anyone else left with some credence. And if you ask me the film appearances need to be done in a fresh way. The bond thing has been done to death. There's a great story, whether accurate I don't know, about the trouble the producers of pretty woman had with Ferrari and Porsche

As self appointed Esprit retro-marketing officer we also need a par of original cars, one G one S, to be each (or both) offered to Petrolicious and Jay Leno's Garage for features. They'd both most likely need to be state side (the G car should have Euro bumpers and spec) and they both should come with owners who can talk ad lib.

• Like 1

Great idea about a Giugiaro video, I hope to produce a decent video about my Esprit before the year's out.

But getting the cars out on the roads is one thing we can all do right away. Simply seeing the cars about more often keeps the awareness and appreciation up. Make sure they are clean and well maintained though, and bring a car cover in the event of needing a lift home on the back of a flat bed! ;)

• Like 1

Video's a great idea. Isn't that an ideal crowfunding project? £15 each and we get a free dvd copy when completed!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Good on ya Jonny, I've been keeping quiet but I've a long term Esprit video project of my own forthcoming too.

My hats in the ring. No prob giving of myself/time but it'd be great to have travel/subsistence covered. I've been producing independent run and gun style promo and music work for the last 5 years, and 10 years prior to that under the banners of media, communications and TV organisations. And to reiterate, I'll happily defer to anyone else if that's the way it goes. I'm in a transition at the moment so in a a sense a struggling artistic type. Not flush enough to freely abscond to climes foreign for pet projects.

Edit: you can see a small cross section at georgekarellas.com, and more (including the highlights of a 3month road trip way back) if you follow me back to my Vimeo channel. Forgive my website, it has aesthetic issues. I built it myself recently and I haven't figured out the mobile friendly part yet.

Well, I'll confirm right now that if a crowdfunding type thing was kicked off for this I'll pay £20 now if it means I get a copy of the final film (electronic or hard copy).

I'd pay more if you actually get GG interviewed on the film too and how about Stephens? Is he still around (forgive my ignorance here)

What would it take to be viable?

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

As self appointed Esprit retro-marketing officer we also need a par of original cars, one G one S, to be each (or both) offered to Petrolicious and Jay Leno's Garage for features. They'd both most likely need to be state side (the G car should have Euro bumpers and spec) and they both should come with owners who can talk ad lib.

Tony K would be ideal for this one as he is Mr Handsome and lens friendly! ;)

There's nothing more blood curdling than some of the previous videos on the Esprit where some baldy middle aged nerd in a tanktop starts going on about it being "the most fun you can have with your clothes on"  :X

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Not meaning to use buzzwords. Donations are fine but hard to track and audit.

Crowdfunding provides a structure and a contract and prevents someone just running off with the cash.

Not prejudging anyone here or casting aspirtions, just being sensible, which of course explains why I bought a Lotus! :)

The small print.

There's nothing more blood curdling than some of the previous videos on the Esprit where some baldy middle aged nerd in a tanktop starts going on about it being "the most fun you can have with your clothes on" :X

Oy! I resemble that remark!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Not meaning to use buzzwords. Donations are fine but hard to track and audit.

Crowdfunding provides a structure and a contract and prevents someone just running off with the cash

Meh, I'm quite happy to post it to a PayPal account. If the person isn't trustworthy then a whole squadron of Esprits and their owners would turn up to whoop their sorry ass :-)

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

I completely agree with getting on Petrolicious and Jay Leno's Garage...these are 2 sites that have a decent following. I actually just made a comment on their Lotus article from about a week ago and stated they should feature an Esprit. I would be happy to follow-up and see if they would like to make it happen.

Jason

Edited by jfitz981
  • Like 1

Tony K would be ideal for this one as he is Mr Handsome and lens friendly! ;)

There's nothing more blood curdling than some of the previous videos on the Esprit where some baldy middle aged nerd in a tanktop starts going on about it being "the most fun you can have with your clothes on"  :X

I like the feel and style of the Car Throttle readers ride video with Hopo, also Scott Walkers video. Something along those lines with historical back stories and GG story, MJK and Lotus folk heroes. No presenter, like the Senna movie.

• Like 1

Edit: you can see a small cross section at georgekarellas.com, and more (including the highlights of a 3month road trip way back) if you follow me back to my Vimeo channel. Forgive my website, it has aesthetic issues. I built it myself recently and I haven't figured out the mobile friendly part yet.

Pop me some login details and I'll fix that for you :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Id be made up Bibs! PM on the way.

They can be cheaper all told than DVD dups. 2.Have someone who's trustworthyness is beyond question (sorry Bibs) handle same.

Sorry you don't trust me or sorry you're giving me more work to do? :huh::hrhr:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.