Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So what Evora 400 colour would you choose? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So what Evora 400 colour would you choose?

The Pits

The front valence portion in black would now appear to be on every car and not part of the Black Pack as far as I can make out.  Originally it was going to be I think from earlier posts.

That's right Al - my understanding is that that is correct, the front portion in Black is now standard.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That's exactly what it is Cocopops, as per Lotus web site - £2k for a bit of paint you could get done after market for £400. Have they been recruiting from Porsche?

Also, £300 for Cruise control - why not just throw in as standard and add to the price?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Maybe the sales guy used to work for Porsche so just added in the usual amount - you know - £25 for air in each tyre, £1000 for the badge on the boot, etc... ;)

The small print.

great call, but I think maybe i'm leaning towards the white!

Bitch to keep clean in the summer though, shows up every red piece of guts and brain from every bugs arse that went through the brain as your lovely white nose battered it in flight. I was reminded of this as I bought my wife a nice new pearl white Qashqai - boy was it a bitch to clean the bugs brains off....

The small print.

That sounds like a good reason then why I shouldn't test drive one! ;) I'm on No. 4 already and even had that one 2+ years so there may be an itch!

Congratulations and also on the colour.  I was looking at one of the metallic whites in a workshop last week.  Really suit the car.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer told me if I didn't fancy black pack, go plain as its a few £100 at a good paint shop if you want to add it. I think it looks brilliant without.

Metallic grey looks great and would be a great everyday driver. If I order I 'll keep my Merc, so would go lighter. All white looks great, but probably all red. Orange is fab, but a bit too much for me.

Not sure about black alcantara or leather in a red car?

I am not much for the black pack.  Looks a little odd to me, but I can understand if one is into it.  Do you plan to track your car?  If so, the Alcantara makes sense.  I own white, but I'd take a lot of other colors as well.  I like the more loud colors vs. the natural metallic colors, but that's me.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Before deciding it's worth trying to sit in both the leather and alcantara Sparco seats, at 6'2" I find I sit too high in the leather seats. Obviously in time the leather and foam will indent but out of the box I feel at a more comfortable height in the alcantara seats.

I'm leaning very strongly to Motorsport Green with the red leather interior, think it will look very Hollywood :animier:. Second choice if permitted would be Red.

The small print.

Of course my 400 would be Motorsport Green with red leather but for the purposes of this exercise I'm going with white, black pack and red leather. Just really works for me in white for whatever reason.

Get a load of this. Just shut your eyes for the price tag, 

I'm with you on the MSG + red interior. As nice as the 400 is, to me that white one just looks like it only went through the undercoat stage in the paint-shop! 

• Gold FFM

I could easily go white with red and black bits generously sprinkled around on it.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Having recently seen silver, titanium grey, all black, white, orange and red.... I think red with the black pack might just nick it.

Chrome Orange was a stand-out favourite of mine for the first generation Evoras but for entirely unfathomable reasons I don't think it works quite as well on the 400.

Being a man of impeccable taste I would almost certainly order my 400 in Racing Green but putting my reservations about red being a Ferrari thing and something of a cliche choice for a sports car I think the best looking Evora 400 that I have seen to date was actually the red one.

I was in yesterday at Murray's and the Yellow one was winking at me! I do like a Yellow car.