Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2016 Lotus Festival - Page 2 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2016 Lotus Festival

thats Bank Holiday..........is it not......

I may have to miss the Gold Cup at Oulton Park in 2016 then.......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 2 months later...

We can't decide to attend this year or not.

Done the last 3 years now. The show n shine I entered 3 years ago was a joke. Cars in two different areas, no organisers to explain what was happening or who the judges were. The winning cars were brand new cars. I spend 40+ hours detailing my mint  S1 for this. Last year I purchased camping tickets but couldn't see signs or find where TLF were camping, so ended up in a tent on our own.

The village area was better in 2015 but it needs more traders.... merchandise, clothing, spares, tools, detailing etc. I used to attend the Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh and could kit out my garage, re wire a car, re-do the brake system, fit seats and buy every second hand part you could think o

Will see who is down to attend this year I think before committing.

Having missed this for the past 3 years due to it clashing with the LOT French Frolic we are determined to make it this year. 

Just been looking at hotels and the ones close to Brands appear to be fully booked for the weekend:(

On 1/3/2016 at 22:02, John FISH Curtis said:

The show n shine I entered 3 years ago was a joke. Cars in two different areas, no organisers to explain what was happening or who the judges were. The winning cars were brand new cars. I spend 40+ hours detailing my mint  S1 for this. Last year I purchased camping tickets but couldn't see signs or find where TLF were camping, so ended up in a tent on our own.

The show and shine is now judged by age so that won't happen again, As of last year, I am now one of the two judges and although Paul organises the entries still, I award the trophies. I'll make sure there's some info on the Festival website re classes and timings this year though. For the TLF camping I'll get some signs put up this year and perhaps a few maps printed and posted around the circuit. 

On 1/3/2016 at 22:02, John FISH Curtis said:

The village area was better in 2015 but it needs more traders.... merchandise, clothing, spares, tools, detailing etc.

Since I've been organising the Festival the trade has increased 50% each year and I expect the same again this year. We are a little restricted by space but I'll try to get more variation of traders in :)

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Going forwards, sounds like a good plan bib's and as usual I am sure it will turn good. Must comment though, we never had a problem finding the camping area. Maybe because we had a good Scots tongue and could ask. Maybe an Idea to use part of the camping area for trade stands. 

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

The show and shine is now judged by age so that won't happen again, As of last year, I am now one of the two judges and although Paul organises the entries still, I award the trophies. I'll make sure there's some info on the Festival website re classes and timings this year though. For the TLF camping I'll get some signs put up this year and perhaps a few maps printed and posted around the circuit. 

Since I've been organising the Festival the trade has increased 50% each year and I expect the same again this year. We are a little restricted by space but I'll try to get more variation of traders in :)

Thanks Bibs.

My comments were not a "dig" against you or any TLF members/organisers.

Really want this event to be success.

• Like 1

Went last year for the first time really enjoyed the whole day great drive down , Good to see so many Lotus models new and Classics .

Good selection of Car clubs plus the Red Arrows .

Date booked for this year.

Eddie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John FISH Curtis said:

Thanks Bibs.

My comments were not a "dig" against you or any TLF members/organisers.

Really want this event to be success.

Not at all mate. I'd like to make the event better and better and comments on how to improve it are well received :)

We went last year and had a brilliant time, the festival camping was great with the live bands and we had very sore heads the next day. Absolutely gutted we cant go this year as its the same weekend as Creamfields :(

• Gold FFM

I'll be coming again this year and hopefully want to make it a two day visit this time.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Before moving to Lotus (4yrs ago) I was a Westfield owner, an area organiser before joining the WSCC committee as membership secretary. Every year we made Stoneleigh the yearly bash and the subject of members selling spare parts came up. The solution was relatively easy. Members pars were put in a central location (in the club marque) which constantly had members in. Parts had tags tied on (cheap to buy) with price, contact number and name. If the part owner wasn't present, the prospective buyer could take a tag and call the owner, or of course give the money to a member in the marque. We sold all sorts of things, lights, tyres, seats, switches, garage tools etc. If I remember correctly a pound from all sales was give to the club charity.

Just an idea.

I'll be there.

As a footnote. I found the Rally area, the camping area and probably area 51. I also would recommend a walk around the complete perimeter of the circuit. There really are some stunning views at the back of the course. Looking forward to it already.

Cheers Bibs.

Rick

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

A walk round the selection of pop up garages in the paddock was well worth it.

rally stage was small - but superb fun - and value for money if you fancy a passenger ride.

i camped in the wrong part I'm sure - and then ditched the idea for a comfy hotel bed after the first night !!! 

Was all very good though - shame we couldn't get a morning of track blasting !!

Only here once

The track is available for a full day trackday or evening session on the Thursday. Over the weekend, the track hire costs in excess of £50k/day on the peak weekend of the year so you can appreciate that they need race teams out on the circuit then...

Personally - I have rather enjoyed the last 3 years. I've entered the Purple nasty a couple of times in the show and shine and been in the Esprit timeline on the last 2 years. I think it gets better and better. Enjoyed the parade laps and the chats. Enjoyed the racing - which was awesome last year and the F1 laps. My son enjoyed the rally laps - got a film of him being buzzed about. It's in my diary for this year.