Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Utility Bills - Page 8 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Utility Bills

Bibs

Can't seem to find out what my charges per kWh will be from 1st April. All they seem to talk about is the increasing price cap but no breakdown. Any ideas where I can look

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I am with EDF and they sent me 2 letters with the new rates on. Also a large increase in the daily standing charge.

Have started playing with a few solar panels to run a few of my garage/shed uses.

• Like 1

@pete I'm with British Gas and mine are

Current rate New rate Direct Debit rate
Gas (to 31st March) (from 1st April) (from 1st April)
Standing charge (per day) 30.783p 32.032p 27.220p
Unit rate (per kWh) 4.272p 7.736p 7.344p
Electricity      
Standing charge (per day) 28.586p 43.335p 37.918p
Unit rate (per kWh) 21.985p 30.799p 29.240p

My 30+ year old boiler is being replaced in 2 weeks time, and just placed an order for 5.5Kw of solar on the roof, along with battery storage - probably by the end of April, so should be around 25% reduction in gas usage and an up to 70% reduction in electricity. Also a switch to Octopus from BG.

That's only the price cap. Doesn't tell me what each supplier will be charging. I am electric only on an economy seven meter

11 hours ago, pete said:

That's only the price cap. Doesn't tell me what each supplier will be charging. I am electric only on an economy seven meter

You'll be better off operating nocturnally, then.

Margate Exotics.

12 hours ago, pete said:

Ours was on E7 meter tariff but this year our usage is meaning it's better to move to standard tariff so same day & night rate.

Had the email today 

Night 17.648 was 7.56

Day 34.34 was 27.8

Standing 36.237 was 22.87

36 minutes ago, windymiller said:

eon's website has crashed with everyone (inc me) trying to put in meter readings !!

same on edf, - its national meter reading day......

• Haha 1

Energy websites crash in meter readings rush

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60938730

Energy websites have been crashing as customers rush to submit meter readings ahead of bills rising on Friday.

Suppliers including Shell Energy and EDF said they were working to resolve issues with their websites and apps.

Octopus will be changing their standard tariff at midnight on Saturday night. They say you can submit a reading up to 7 days afterwards for the Saturday. :) 

It's getting there......

Still can't login to British Gas - however, they have created a page where you can submit your meter readings. Slight problem, asks for your Gas & Electric meter numbers, which can be found on a bill ........ which I can only see by logging in ...... duh !!!!! :wallbash:

British Gas website back up for entering readings

Can anyone explain why my electricity standing charge has just gone up 101%? to over 51p per day (highest in the country by the way). I just don't see how this can be justified.

2 hours ago, march said:

Can anyone explain why my electricity standing charge

This lot don't charge a daily fee, but the unit cost is higher, may be a possibility for a supply where there is low usage. (eg next doors stables)

https://utilita.co.uk/energy

We’re one of the only energy suppliers to have no standing charge. This means you won’t pay anything if you don’t use any energy.

Why is energy going up so much now and again later in the year anyway? Haven't we been paying huge sums into bolstering our renewables, has the wind stopped blowing and the sum stopped shining? There are turbines all over the place and huge solar farms on what were once farmers fields which I assume we've paid for via our bills, why aren't we getting any benefit from this, in fact our energy costs are doing exactly the opposite of what they should be doing after all this capital expense.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.