Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
NEC Classic Car Show - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

NEC Classic Car Show

mayevora

• Gold FFM

Does going both days mean Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun? ;)

Not been before but going Friday.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

One day I might be home and able to go to this one. I know there is an absolutely stunning Excel going to be up for sale at the show. it's a prototype which has been restored to better than new condition. Keep a lookout for it.

Was supposed to be exhibiting but they sold the stand from under us. Might pop along, Met Brewer and China last year and nearly got run over by Stirling Moss in his mobility cart.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

After giving us 2nd in 'Club of the Year' then 2nd in 'Website of the Year' after that, they kept moving us to worse and worse spots. The last one which we turned down was next to Sporting Bears, which while on the face of it sounds great and busy, would have meant 3 days by huge open hanger sized doors in mid-November and pitched up next to lots of old, non-CAT cars idling right next to you. We'd have needed a couple of weeks off work afterwards to recover! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

24 minutes ago, Newts said:

Contacted today to be told I'd won 2 free tickets - result !

Result .

As always Bibs if you win the best web sit can i pick the trophy up.

Must buy a tee shirt just incase .

Debating whether to go to the Classic Car Show in the Esprit tomorrow. The $64,000 is will it make it there and back...!

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Trouble is I don't want to break down and then miss the show!! So I think I'll take the Mondeo as that's never broken down in the 10 years I've had it - bloody brilliant car :)

I'll be there tomorrow with Jon Roberts. Matt Oxley and Mark (Winners) have their Esprits on the Club Lotus stand.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Hi, had a great day yesterday at the first day of the Classic Car Show. It was the first time I've been and I will  definitely be going next year, two days hopefully as one is not enough to see it all properly.

My day was an early start, up at 5 am setting off at 6.30 from Norwich, picking my mate up at Thetford and arriving about 9.30 am, so made good time as the roads were busy. Went in my Esprit as the car hasn't been on a long run for a while, drove lovely there and back. Return journey had an extra hour added with road traffic hold up trying to get onto the M6, it was a long wait for nothing as when finally on the M6 no accident or anything other than traffic that looked like a hold up. Also weather was not too bad and rained just for a small part of the journey when arriving, so don't know what happened to all the rain the MET promised in the Midlands area.

The show was very pleasant to walk around, no pushing or shoving in the aisles. Spoke with a few owners, got to see the guests, MIke Brewer and Ed China (he's tall!), also Fuzz and Ant were talking on the stage as well with owners and their cars. Also some some great cars to see throughout the show, a lot of TLC.

Here are my pictures of the day, I also did a POV video of some of the day with my action camera mounted on my shoulder, just got to edit video before uploading to YT. Also did some normal video as well.

I spotted these Lotus Elise seats in the Diablo replica, which wasn't too bad a replica.

22594346558_132390b77e_c.jpg

NEC Classic Car Show

Edited by OwenGT3
  • Like 1

Nice pics Owen - certainly captured much of the best bits of a great day out, although you missed my stand of the day.  The display with the simple line up of 5 Fezzas - starting with my fav 288GTO, next to F40, F50, Enzo and LaFerrari.  Great to see with none of the usual Rari glitz and nonsense or even much of a barrier around them.   And then there was a pulled pork bap for lunch - yummy.

Of course the car parks were interesting too....none more so that S3 with (I'm guessing) your yellow GT3?  Got a pic on my phone but no technology to xfer it here...Doh!

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

22 minutes ago, MPx said:

Nice pics Owen - certainly captured much of the best bits of a great day out, although you missed my stand of the day.  The display with the simple line up of 5 Fezzas - starting with my fav 288GTO, next to F40, F50, Enzo and LaFerrari.  Great to see with none of the usual Rari glitz and nonsense or even much of a barrier around them.   And then there was a pulled pork bap for lunch - yummy.

Of course the car parks were interesting too....none more so that S3 with (I'm guessing) your yellow GT3?  Got a pic on my phone but no technology to xfer it here...Doh!

It was my GT3 in S3 car park. 

23 minutes ago, MPx said:

image.jpg

Colin