Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Donald. - Page 20 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Donald.

Advantage

• Gold FFM

Am I allowed to run if I'm not an American citizen? I'm of a normal mind to do it apparently.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Never ever should have ousted Saddam. 

I had a WWII polish/uk veteran as a lecturer many years ago at college - at the time of the first Gulf war. He was very much at the heart of NATO when it was formed and was absolutely adamant that he must stay in power. What he predicted back then has all come true

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

At least by using Twitter, Trump could fire his press secretary as well, since he doesn't need him.

I wonder if he refers to his daughters as Trumpettes?

There is no way that a president would release real strategy on something like Twitter, so I reasonably think that anything he posts on there would be rubbish. Just sabre rattling and another ego stroking 'look at me' moment.

I have/had a friend who was in politics here and used Twitter a lot. With the way he 'spoke' on there, it is another social platform that I have very little time for.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

10 hours ago, ramjet said:

At least by using Twitter, Trump could fire his press secretary as well, since he doesn't need him.

Has he had the Twitter Defcon4 upgrade installed yet?  I believe it allows him to launch missiles with just a hashtag!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, Buddsy said:

There has been a plan since before the first invasion of Iraq to overthrow Iraq, Iran, Libya, Syria & Lebanon.

Trouble is those planning this move didn't take in to account Russia not wanting to let them have their way and standing behind Assad.

So many recent events are moves on the chess board to reach this end goal in my opinion:

-The suspected chemical attack in Syria.

30515751_613006532381372_1613928022514152438_n.jpg

-The spy poisoning here in England. Theresa May as well as most of the Media has already found Russia guilty with little evidence as far as I can tell...except perhaps it looks like it was those pesky Ruskies.

I see Blair has said we should be taking military action on Syria already despite going down in history as invading a country due to lies about weapons of mass destruction...the humanitarian wants more blood.

And while we are at it the Syrian Observatory on human rights! I cant believe they get quoted by the likes of the BBC & Sky news...might as well ask a bloke down the pub what he thinks as its the same thing!!

Now you know why I dont listen to the news...its full of made up bull shite

& getting back to Trump he just a puppet made to do a job which Im sure is what hes doing

buddsy

Excpet negotiations have broken down, Assad has got Russian backing so no one is going to anything too serious against him, he's alleged to have done the same thing before with pretty well no consequences so it could be seen as a way to get it over with.

whay are the Russians blocking UN attempts to send in investigators but suggesting that it never happened and that someone else did it?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

13 hours ago, Bibs said:

Nice work Trump, way to avoid WW3!

4B0B34E900000578-5598959-image-a-3_15234

crazy eh...there goes the element of surprise.....No.1 in your manual of how to kick butt ! Donald just huff and puffs - but he won't blow your house down. All a good diversion from all the other stuff he's doing or not doing or pretending to do...

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-russia-collusion-timeline-779262/

I've been reading more and more of these type of articles recently. How he's still president amazes me! For every conversation he's had with Putin, 5 over the last 2 years, not one word of what they discussed it available for scrutiny at his insistence. :huh:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, comem47 said:

Ya, which pathological liar does one believe?  🤣

The more intelligent one 🤷‍♂️

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

It's very discouraging to know 40% of our populace still support the Cheeto President (you know what Cheetos are, right?).  However, with a new Democratic  HoR (House) things will be looking up.  Just remember,  should you run into me (not literally) next I'm in England, I didn't vote for the disreputable moron.  Eventually we will throw his sorry arse in jail along with his many abetters and the traitors in Congress who care more for retaining their power than they do for the country and the betterment of the world.  

The situation here is going to heat up even further.   I trust he,  his daughter, sons, son in law and the other  family members who have stolen and lied for him  will be wearing stripes before the end of his term.  As for the spineless Republicans in Congress who have tolerated his lies, cheating, crimes and intolerable bigotry, words are inadequate to express our disgust. 

Greetings  to all from the heartland of the USA!    

• Like 1

'17 Evora 400 MT 

We'll disagree regarding Trump's effectiveness, even if one shares his goals, which to be clear change day to day according to his whims.  He's ineffective at his job.  Almost without exception the tasks he wishes to accomplish are counterproductive and in many cases downright stupid.  The Wall will never be built.  Our healthcare system is in worse shape than it was when he was first elected. Our populace is more divided, our schools and streets no safer, our international prestige tarnished, growth of extremism and hate groups unfettered, and to top it,  corruption within will be shown to have reached previously unimaginable levels. His "accomplishments?" What would they be? 

He talks tough but it begins and ends there.  That doesn't excuse your situation, it simply mirrors it, or vice versa.  The proof of his failure will come in the next election cycle when he and his hand picked cronies and his nepotism will be exposed for what they are; a blatant power grab in nobody's interest but his own.

Trump's failures include an inability to build his wall (a red herring wrapped in a Trojan horse  anyway, entirely pointless), failure to close the Kim deal, failure to negotiate a resolution to the China trade issues, inability to staff critical government and diplomatic positions, a failed "tax reform," dismantling of our consumer and environmental protection agencies, the sewing of disillusion amongst our allies, the adoration of tyrants, the list just goes on and on.  

He has two laudable goals, (addressing inequities in the China trade and an effort to achieve peace in Korea) neither of which he has unfortunately made any substantive progress on.   The rest of his package is either mired in irreconcilable disagreement or is  bad for the health of the nation, if not completely inane.  

There is nothing lucky for America about Trump's ascent to power.  That Britain has a mess on its hands vis a vis Brexit says nothing positive about Trump and is a sign of the times more than a question of which situation is better or worse. As respects the better angels of America's nature, they are being trampled by this president who was elected by a minority in any case while the integrity of even  that result is entirely at question. 

Perhaps our circumstances are more alike than different since the result is gridlock here as it is in England and will remain so until the people take matters in hand and elect competent leadership with courage and vision.  Our best resolution is another election.  To be fair,  I'm not about to suggest how Great Britain can resolve the issue but another and less contentious election will go a long way to getting us, the USA back on the right track. As a guest on a British forum, I can't suggest what your best resolution might be, but  that I think protectionism and turning inward are bad for America and may not be the best approach in either case. 

I'm not an ends justify the means kind of guy within the context of a representative democracy but I can't endorse Trump's ends to begin with.  

'17 Evora 400 MT 

What amazes me is many farmers supported Trump (and still do), yet he is making it difficult for migrant workers to enter the country which is a cheap source of harvest workers they need. (Can't get US people to work at those wages)  None of his supporters look beyond his smoke  and mirrors, but rather breathe the opium spewed out in  his support rallies (much like Hitler). Rather than actually fixing things he has these self praising rallies spewing lies (and they eat it up)

Where's the beef ?(as the commercial said)

• Like 1