Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Life in the old v8 yet - Page 28 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Life in the old v8 yet

Now that's calling a spade a spade, Ian.:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Fantastic progress on this car so far Barry and hope to see it in the flesh one day :)  Plenty of room in your workshop/barn for another  certain green V8 that needs plenty of work and is just hanging around ebay, Go on you know you want to lol 

• Like 1

A

Quiz time: What do Barry and Marie Antoinette have in common?

6 minutes ago, Iconic Ride said:

are they both Austrian

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Possibly, but not the correct response.

Think, man, think!

Picture them both suggesting the ingestion of a specific confectionery product.

Both have been described as "profligate, promiscuous and of harbouring sympathies for France's enemies"?

PS gottit. They both said "let them eat cake"

Do I win a prize? Perhaps a nice cup of English Breakfast tea at Brands?

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Do they not teach history in the U.K.?

I know you can do this!

Hint # 2: 

"an item of soft, sweet food made from a mixture of flour, shortening, eggs, sugar, and other ingredients, baked and often decorated."

Alan did an "edit" after I continued with hints and castigations. 

He wins absolutely nothing but today's bragging rights, though I strongly suspect that others were withholding the correct answer for "thread endurance" reasons.

• Like 1

Not true. I posted the edit immediately after the initial post before your flagrant come ons.

I claim your V8 SE, your life savings, your home, your Europa, all of the tools in your garage, any females of whatever age you are associated with, have ever been associated with or female celebrities that you wish you had been associated with.

Don't go posting quizzes without being aware of the consequences John... 

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Obviously the speed of electricity is faster in the U.K. than I suspected, Alan. 

Sincerest apologies.

The women are mine. The Europa us gone. The Esprit is a federal version. You'll have to overcome your British dyslexia to drive it over there. The home is "homestead protected," but no reasonable offer will be refused. My life savings have decreased to sub par values, owing to putting two boys through private colleges and especially high utility bills this summer. The tools in the garage are yours for the taking. I'll buy you the tea when you come to collect them.:lol:

6 hours ago, Iconic Ride said:

Oooh, I know! They both lost their heads!

(Granted, the similarity ends there, as in Barry's case it was down to a V8 rather than a guillotine).

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
53 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

Dunno, but I heard a rumour that Barry was due to start work in some new London cafe near Padington.

Now look - the cross dressing accusation I can coyly deny (badly) - but I'm never sucking anything in that cafe :angry: 

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Now look - the cross dressing accusation I can coyly deny (badly) - but I'm never sucking anything in that cafe :angry: 

Don't worry Barry, they're taking on staff next door in café analist, but never ask if they'd like cream in the bottom first, and FFS don't bend down in that new silver racing suit!

6 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

but I'm never sucking anything in that cafe :angry: 

No worries, mate. Sparky has implied that his application has first right of refusal. Plus, his resume includes experience as B.A. cabin staff...always a plus during the interview.