Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My First Lotus.. - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My First Lotus..

mcx

• Gold FFM

I wonder what percentage of Evora (both S1 and 400) owners are first time Lotus owners. I bet it's relatively high.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

Many congratulations and that is a great colour for a 400! Looks fantastic. Health to drive. :thumbup:

Great choice for your first Lotus. Mine was an Evora S. 

But, unfortunately, don't get your hopes up of doing many track days yet (as it stands). The static level of the exhaust (108 - 110dB) is over the limit for practically all UK trackdays. 

1 hour ago, JayEmm said:

I wonder what percentage of Evora (both S1 and 400) owners are first time Lotus owners. I bet it's relatively high.

the 400 will be my first.  In the US, I'd imagine that will be the norm given the previous install base.

Lovely!

hoping to be not far behind you, mines also on order with @Pat@Hofmanns. He's a good lad! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Looks truly stunning mcx. A stand-out and outstanding choice. Can I ask if you ever considered not having the black pack and having an orange roof and sills instead?

• Gold FFM

Very nice Martin. Love the way the colour changes depending on the light.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Superb choice. I'm really pleased I went for orange. You certainly get papped a lot.  You're going to love it. Trouble is when you pop out for a bottle of milk it's always a 50 mile round trip! Bet you can't wait to get back to play with it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DanChantler said:

Congrats! Stunning car. I should be joining the 400 fold on Wednesday when I chop in my current Evora NA for a nice little number at Bell and Colvill. That will be my second Lotus and the only car brand I have ever bought a second time.

You do realise real men drive an S1 Evora?

However, when you do pick it up and finish applying your make up, bring it up so I can have a nosey?? Also, why not Essex blue?

• Like 1

I must say that the thing I dislike most about all the lotus' I've owned and driven is the single wiper. How even a brand new one manages to be all smeary rather than actually clean the windscreen is something I just don't understand. And the appallingly weak wiper jets also hack me off.

Having said that, having driven @Gm77 (or more specifically, his wife's) Evora for quite a while yesterday, I also have to congratulate you on your purchase. It's a cracking car; great ride, tremendous noise, quick, responsive, massive fun basically. Loved it. If I could only find the space and money to have one alongside the Exige... 

• Gold FFM

@Gashead1105 the wiper is actually fine as long as it's raining hard, it's when you just want to clear a bit of crap on the screen that it's utterly dreadful.

And yeah, comedy wiper jet is silly but I expected that. A bit of Rain-X on the screen might help.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com