Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Website Design... - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Website Design...

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow Bibs they look really clean and fresh, i especially like the first lettings one.

Is this your job, or self taught? What tools do you use?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 months later...

I really like the gallery on that site, how it sorts the cars by manufacturer on the fly as I thought people would like to see their car on there if possible. I've done my bit, SPP have a lot more to upload over the coming days.  

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

It's latin for "what the fluck, get your content loaded!"  See, who said comprehensive educations are poor!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@C8RKH

The lorem ipsum text is typically a scrambled section of De finibus bonorum et malorum, a 1st-century BC Latin text by Cicero, with words altered, added, and removed to make it nonsensical, improper Latin.

- Grammar school education plus Google :harhar:

• Like 1

Yup - I bet you aspired to be a managing consultant too after you left the Grammar School!  Commonly referred to as an oxygeni fur!  :P

The small print.

I too, was forced to study Latin at school. Sadly, it was not my finest hour. I still have the school report book, where the Latin teacher wrote, "1/10 for effort: He has given up the struggle."

I exchanged Latin for German, went on to have a fight with the German teacher (narrowly avoiding expulsion), and so they shifted me to studying technical drawing. Did me a huge favour, and, up until the broken blackboard incident, I managed to stay under the headmaster's radar.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Haha - I did Latin as well. What an utter waste of timus.

a language was compulsory - however for me they suggested I simply give up languages and do geology instead !!

Only here once

said everyday at school:-

Benedic nobis,Domine et omnibus donis tuis,quae ex larga liberalitate tua sumturi sumus,per Jesum Christum Dominum nostrum  Amen

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

I'm learning this now to build a website for my business.

I've got a learning curve that makes a homesick angel look like a piker.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

And it's not going as well as I had hoped it might...................

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Bibs - good site but the fly past video of the new development really shows off a major problem in this country when it comes to building houses. Large 'executive style' houses crammed really close together with pocket handkerchief gardens.

I suppose they sell but I just wish any f***ing Govt would have the balls to compulsory purchase land from Farmers at £30k/acre and make it available for building smaller well planned, low impact developments that make smaller villages remain viable, support local amenities and Schools etc. Larger 100-200+ sites put massive pressure on roads and Dr's and schools which don't get the resources they need to expand.

Farmers still make massive profit from sale of land at 3-4 times agricultural value and the Govt could allow developers to build houses at a given % mark up against cost to build and still then provide local houses for local residents. Govt could gain as 'freeholder of land' but sell houses with legal covenants to ensure that future values are restricted and not suddenly jump to 'free market' value.

It has been done for years with houses with an 'agricultural tie' so why not come up with a radical solution to solve a major problem. That and banning the ownership of second homes.........:sofa:

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

28 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

I suppose they sell but I just wish any f***ing Govt would have the balls to compulsory purchase land from Farmers at £30k/acre and make it available for building smaller well planned, low impact developments that make smaller villages remain viable, support local amenities and Schools etc. Larger 100-200+ sites put massive pressure on roads and Dr's and schools which don't get the resources they need to expand.

F*** Off - We worked bloody hard to scrimp and save and make sacrifices so we could buy our farm - You think we want it forcibly taken off us! Farm land is valuable to the country as well as the farmer for precisely what it is - a source of food production and haven for wildlife.

If you want to pick on anyone try the townies and villagers who buy up parcels of land and shove horses on them and let the land go to rat s**t. 

35edf5f4bc963ea3074376c97efa2f6b.jpg

• Like 1

Marc - sorry, maybe you missed my point! I am not a townie and actually have agriculture in the family so wasn't intending to have a go at farmers - I well understand how hard you work and how much investment you make for relatively small returns. I don't appreciate being told to F off either!

My point is that in our local village, 8 houses were built on a small parcel of farm land next to existing houses. These were terraced in style and have worked in well with existing housing and the village. They have really added to the local community.

I'm talking about the odd acre or 2 here and there but spread over a much larger area than currently allowed or planned for. Sorry but if you don't think 3-400% growth for the sale of a small % of your (or anyone else's) land is unjust then maybe you should consider the poor sods who have seen house price inflation outdo average salary growth by a massive amount, helping to make buying houses for the rural young a pipe dream.

As a contrast, a local large village is in the process of adding 500+ houses over 2 development sites - this has a massive impact on the village - largely changing its entire character. I'm pretty sure that type of development next to a livestock farm would work really well for the farm - unless they'd sold out for mega bucks and no longer gave a toss. Planners and developers (and land owners it appears) are only interested in making massive profits and the world we are left to live in can go hang.

Apologies Bibs - didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?