Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 128 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

Congrats on finding the RM610. Hope its not got any damage, the picture posted on your other thread looked a bit battered even though its said to be new.

:) 

It's getting there......

Also dont forget the 310 has the benefit of an aux-input jack added by yours truly.

Taking a hacksaw to the brand new 610 is going to be fun! That might void the warranty :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

If like me you wish to get a little taste of Bond in your car, I'm selling my spare RM310 cockpit stereo. (Lotus for sale)The Bond model is a RM610. Here's my RM310. Better in a way as it has a built in amp. IMG_4845.thumb.PNG.8d225a00b591399afe1194b02319518f.PNGThe RM610 has a separate amp to install. I hope someone on here with a Lotus buys it. It would be nice to keep it in our community.

Damn my glass roof! These are so cool 😎 

• Haha 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

47 minutes ago, Andyww said:

Also dont forget the 310 has the benefit of an aux-input jack added by yours truly.

Taking a hacksaw to the brand new 610 is going to be fun! That might void the warranty :)

Yes thanks Andy, that aux input is excellent. I may need to call on you again! I have to say this is the coolest damm thing I have acquired since I can remember. It even has "pre flight checks" in the instructions! 

It's so cool here's more info.....

The coolest car stereo in the world - The Panasonic Cockpit Stereo

Certainly worthy of Q and an excellent choice for the Bond car! Here's what you get....(I gave it a clean)IMG_4846.thumb.JPG.eec79bdd60e2c32ca1650485b092c1a0.JPGsuperb stereo with cassette player, radio and graphic equaliser. As was pointed out to me by Richard on here,  not all have the extra graphic equaliser!IMG_4848.thumb.JPG.ca7434defbc9c7cc7223712c70b3a069.JPGIMG_4852.thumb.JPG.65d0c05564d768d076ba9228ed7e9f6d.JPGExtremely cool interior light, this can be replaced with a blanking pad which comes in the box. Unfortunately the Lotus is too small to shoe in this Baby so some of the stereo is removed ( the bitbthat holds the light)😬😬😬😬IMG_4849.thumb.JPG.f484015cc90b51a96f4b0b15fc1f2e21.JPGseparate power amp that fits behind a trimmed panel in the passenger footwell. IMG_4855.thumb.JPG.79c6d36116f14ff3d3bf9b2c3be1a55e.JPGComprehensive instructions with your preflight checks! Other owners will be able to "gen up" on their stereo operation! 

A fantastic concept, but wonder how many accidents there have been due to adjusting settings? No doubt there is a disclaimer somewhere in there? 

Some of these older electronics are Fab! 

And once again here is Mr Bonds....IMG_0696.thumb.JPG.3bd8bbc0ba91bb7da94aa0fd3283fff6.JPGIMG_0693.thumb.JPG.4e27be355361302943c6ef74b030faee.JPG

• Thanks 1

Blimey. Do you know you have MASSIVELY lucked out there as it has the optional add-in graphic equaliser. I have never seen one of those ever before! Its usually a blank panel.

The Lotus ones didnt have that.

Edit: OK you mentioned the graphic above, well I will mention it again anyway!!!

• Thanks 1

No. Please can I have it?? How on earth did you acquire one?

8 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

If like me you wish to get a little taste of Bond in your car, I'm selling my spare RM310 cockpit stereo. (Lotus for sale)The Bond model is a RM610. Here's my RM310. Better in a way as it has a built in amp. IMG_4845.thumb.PNG.8d225a00b591399afe1194b02319518f.PNGThe RM610 has a separate amp to install. I hope someone on here with a Lotus buys it. It would be nice to keep it in our community.

Ohhh forgot to say thanks to Andy you can plug your iPhone in through an auxillery jack socket! 

The foot board came in a box of interior bits I bought from someone.

I need to research this some more to find out what cars had this fitted, as I have a dim recollection that the dry sump I owned had it but didnt have the roof stereo. If my current car should have it then I need to keep it of course. But in that case you could easily use it as a pattern as its only a bit of plywood covered with carpet. 

To be accurate Richard GJC on here told me this stereo is an RM610E. The E meaning the graphic equaliser is fitted. Thanks Richard. I'm learning a lot from this project! 

• Gold FFM

Interesting the bond car one does not have the small plastic panel which finishes off the last part of the stereo where the dome light has been removed. Re. graphic equalizer, it seems there were two models the RM-610 and the RM-E610 - the latter coming with the equalizer. I once saw the equalizer as a stand alone component for sale on eBay and tried to win it for my RM.. sadly missed out.

My life will now never be complete unless I possess a Cockpit stereo. Damn you, Fabian.

That aside, I commend your excellent workmanship, this is going to be a fantastic car!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

My life will now never be complete unless I possess a Cockpit stereo. Damn you, Fabian.

Go for it Ian, but you'll need a good quality silicon to glue it to that glass roof. 😂

9 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Go for it Ian, but you'll need a good quality silicon to glue it to that glass roof. 😂

I suspect I shall go to my grave without ever scratching this particular itch!

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Ahem. Interestingly for those who are interested in roof stereos - there seem to be four models I can find info on. the RM700 (which seems to be top of the range), the RM610 or RM E-610 which is the Essex car fitment. There is the RM310 and then also one called the RM555 which I have seen one picture of on a blog - This seemed to allow you to select components for your stereo including cassette deck, radio tuner and graphic equalizer. This looks an earlier model and a bit more analogue than the RM610 or RM700.