Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones... - Page 20 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones...

Bibs

For me I can see the video landing page and play it with no issue, of the pics only the first one loads automatically, the last three show as links which then open in separate window when I click on them. It must be a browser setting thing.

When I've walked those parts of London at night I've never thought of it as pretty or decorative, but certainly looks nice in those images. Maybe it's because when I've walked it I'm knickered and just thinking of a comfy hotel bed.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Australia: Crocodile sinks his teeth into a flying drone

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-58773120

@Bibs beware of any zoo visits

Haha, I'm not a fan of things that eat me so think I'll give that a miss! 

Some pics from filming from Drake up over the Thames in London a couple of weeks ago...

https://www.espritdroneservices.co.uk/canadian-rapper-drake-takes-ovo-the-oxo-tower-in-london/

spacer.png

Here's the video...

https://vimeo.com/603165570

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

70 hours of airtime plus over 650 miles flown, this was bound to happen sometime! :huh: :lol:

Was flying the M2P with Active Track and the enhanced Obstacle Avoidance on (it's called APAS, Advanced Pilot Assistance System) which is meant to fly you autonomously around obstacles in all directions but it decided to shimmy me 5m right of my actual flight path into a 16m high branch of a tree! 

20211011_163447.jpg

Photo_6553657_DJI_57_jpg_6067676_0_20211010143946_photo_original.jpg

I always carry a spare drone so used that to complete the job then check on the M2P. The front right props were firmly wedged under some bark so the tree surgeon was the best option to recover it. Damage is a new set of props, I've flown a couple of test flights since and everything else seems just fine! 

• Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did a large roof in Hackney last week, though I'd pop the images into a 'digital twin' program! It's not perfect as I wasn't planning this so didn't take enough obliques but gives a good overview!

There are 9 roof areas I was asked to inspect and I took a total of 265 images. 95% of them are Nadir so don't capture the verticals so well hence the few dodgy bits. It was run through DroneDeploy this time. :)

• Thanks 1

On 26/11/2021 at 10:16, Bibs said:

Did a large roof in Hackney last week, though I'd pop the images into a 'digital twin' program! It's not perfect as I wasn't planning this so didn't take enough obliques but gives a good overview!

locks up my chromebook real good !!!!

mmm.. Makes me want to carry a cricket bat around with me. Purely for defensive purposes of course.

This years Reith lectures have a section about AI and attack drones for military purposes. Good in the right hands, bad in the wrong hands.

Kargu military attack drone, maybe I need a bigger cricket bat.

• 2 weeks later...

You’d be made for the rest of your natural.

Money is generally not a problem for most things. I worked and lived in Saudi for 4 years (2009-13) and know from experience that, despite some of the shortcomings of the country, it is not as bad as some like to portray. 

• 1 month later...