Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Red Turbo Esprit recommission project - Page 14 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Red Turbo Esprit recommission project

Ok. The red Turbo rings are gapped and ready to go in. Waiting for the .010+ mains and ends bearings now. Then I can get on with it.... 

4C8D35D2-6B6D-4CA2-B294-1B39A16464B0.jpeg

437D2310-4E56-4E20-92C4-108E77098565.jpeg

• Like 2

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

F8DCF77E-1858-49CB-A85E-280790033852.jpeg

• Like 2

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Have you thought about going into the engine reconditioning business, Wayne?

Yes Ian, I would like to do this for a living but building a customer base is very difficult when you have such good engineers as Gerald, Sparky , Kemp, and Dave ( changes) not to mention many more enthusiastic amateurs like myself.

I would be happy to rebuild an engine for anyone... but need to get my 2 done first... lol ?✌️

15 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Great job, and I bet your Mrs winges about the missing tea towels too! :whistle:

You blokes really don’t miss anything do you. Ha ha ha✌️

• Like 1

Bearing shells finally arrived. 

Shiming all measured and read to install.

new crankshaft thrust washer ordered to bring back a little as we were on top limit of .008 

93E401A5-A51C-4A64-B87C-CB6821FCB344.jpeg

2A4C9A0A-8171-4A13-A56D-D7401269E8AB.jpeg

11EC01EF-49BF-459F-81B6-C74175D2D19E.jpeg

• Like 2

Ha ha... the crank still not in on that pic so the piston was rotated in the liner ✌️

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

You should have feigned great surprise on that one, mate.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Lapping and adjusting the exhaust shims. 

I will have to purchase a couple I expect. 5FC42A1E-968C-4463-9F8E-F174EE048491.thumb.jpeg.9e2ad320fa1db94e0764431262eb325c.jpeg

EF36BB3D-C0EB-46B9-AF02-CC9E49E6B112.jpeg

• Like 1

Oooooo... look what turned up from Gary Kemp’s... 

Blue belt and adjuster upgrade for the white Turbo... oh the joy...✌️😎

AF7D69BB-C62F-4AD6-B542-27BEBD9CF21A.jpeg

Progress...

nearly forgot to torque down the red car head...

2 engines at once.... you have to keep the brain switched on. 🤪

DA5C6AEE-118B-4AD4-AB54-73532FE33EDC.jpeg

71649A72-E322-402C-9BC7-9765A44F6265.jpeg

A6623816-2AD8-4D8B-9D79-8EB011E7F8AC.jpeg

Bottom end completed apart from sump. Top end completed and re shimmed. If I get a good run at it this weekend maybe...just maybe..might be ready to go back in the hole... ✌️

DA0C180F-D9A5-4AD4-8D33-8E8CD15089A7.jpeg

805FBEFF-DEDA-4AB1-BAE7-0890C885281D.jpeg

On 08/03/2018 at 20:33, Barrykearley said:

Yes Wayne - I’m very impressed - looks great ??

Thanks Barry. Read your thread on the yellow S4s start to finish last night... very nice my friend... very nice indeed. ✌️

• Thanks 1

A9617972-28F4-4EB7-A8A6-15C53B2EE880.jpeg

59940BD1-C1CE-478B-9E14-9FB4C180DBA9.jpeg

6E7A1625-8DC6-40FC-ACC5-6F5354884244.jpeg

6A4963CA-4CEE-41EE-96D4-88E5B06541E4.jpeg

• Like 1

I can only imagine that the guys that installed the manifolds on these engines must have had some weird shaped spanner’s or deformed hands. Fekking mission. 

The S4 manifold for the white turbo engine will be much easier as the design is some what different and I have removed these in situ. Anyway timed up and nearly ready to go back in.

9DD32FCC-D1E2-4114-B620-04D990B796BE.jpeg

3A113500-800F-4F78-87DC-F31F241E6E7A.jpeg

D9FFA121-73AB-427F-B771-02FCC0DA285E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Dave Eds said:

Did you get  the splinter sorted mate?

Yes Dave thanks for asking. Pair of tweezers out of the Boots shop around the corner. Splinter was about 1/4 inch long when I pulled it out. Michelle said it was sore but all ok. Cheers fella. ✌️

412F2A39-739D-4C68-BEB8-797C820D81A8.jpeg

39147D19-6192-457C-9024-E6D825314607.jpeg

• Like 1