Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The birth of LotusRescue - Page 12 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The birth of LotusRescue

On 12/02/2021 at 19:52, eeyoreish said:

You’re welcome to come and valet the current Mrs H’s Merc ML if you want to create some before and after video content. She has horses so it’s a dusty mess in there 🐴☹️

Nice and local. Chichester, West Sussex!

Clearly I need to be careful what I offer on a public forum:)  Not the barn find we are looking for.  But I do know how bad car get when the owners have horses.  In a past life I was a mobile Valeter. I had many customers with horses and thous cars we interesting.  For us we would likely need to ML for a couple of days to get the video work done and we would only do this if Mark our Marketing guy feels this would help us in creating a video of useful content to our customers.  If you can live without the car for a couple of days let me know and I'll find out if this is of interest.

All the Best

Greg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
18 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Lovely looking Esprit. Just need to colour code the louvres!

Originally Black Kevin.

• Like 1

Oh, nooooo!

Sorry, not a fan of the colour coded louvres.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

31 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Oh, nooooo!

Sorry, not a fan of the colour coded louvres.

I agree, black is better here.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

I agree, black is better here.

So, the vote is on. To be politically correct. The louvres are not to be color coded with the car, but to remain the same as original. :)

image.png.e32232fdacf029ff54f5f28998f02d4c.png

• Like 1

What is the view taken when some paint the wording on the rear bumper?

How about the same colour as the louvres?

3 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Well one of your opinions had to be wrong sometime @C8RKH!

Most of the time Kevin. Most of the time they are wrong.

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

So now we are getting political. MMm, ok what about my quandary of Gold, Silver or Black graphics.

So  today I get a call from the paint shop asking if my trailer is available to collect the S3 tomorrow. But of course it will. I can be at your gate at 8.00 AM.

• Haha 1

I prefer the "none" on mine - which is actually as ordered and delivered from the factory.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

So, she is home and in her cocoon until I can get back at her for more work.

161650983_486561709038274_3117736182819384145_n.jpg

cocoon.jpg

Collected.jpg

• Love 1

Just lovely @johnpwalsh. Bet you were bouncing around like a kid in Hamleys!

The small print.

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Just lovely @johnpwalsh. Bet you were bouncing around like a kid in Hamleys!

Oh yes. Jut a little bit. 

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Folks. I've been asked several times, why don't I set up a You Tube feature detailing some of LotusRescues, recovery's, what we done with them (One in Australia, One in Germany and two in France to name a few) and where they are now.

Would it be of general interest. It would done under the banner of LotusRescue of course. I was thinking of compiling pictures and details of the cars that have been saved, fixed, sold on, helped out and what we currently have in the shed and the general plans for them.

If it may be of interest and someone can give me a few pointers on how to set it up. I just might manage to find some time during this quarantine period to at least get it started. I was also thinking of featuring my own S3 which restoration has just started on.

Let me know your thoughts. But bare in mind I am the original technophobe here so could well be looking for some advice on how to do it. MMm not could be. Will be. :).

• Like 2

Go for it John. I think you're videos would be popular as 

1. You come across as a straight forward, to the point, no bullshit honest guy 

2. You have a wealth of knowledge and insight that people would benefit from and would be recorded for the future 

3. You've found and rescued some really rare cars 

4. Personally, I would love to see your ice blue esprit come together. I honestly this it is one of the best ever colours for the Esprit 

Good luck, can't wait to see them 

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Cheers Andy. Just need to find out how to put it together and how to create the You Tube.