Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The birth of LotusRescue - Page 9 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The birth of LotusRescue

• Gold FFM

Looks like LotusRescue are about to be asked to assist in the sale of a rather nice Lotus Europa, circa 1971. Calypso Red. One owner from new with a factory fitted Spider chassis when the car was only 10 years old. Wishbones etc all replaced with new powder coated items a few years ago. This one is not the big valve head unit, but the smaller 1.4 Renault engine.

The car will be competitively priced to a fellow enthusiast. 

If there is any interest please PM and I can give further details and photographs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

So, the Lotus Elite has passed her MOT and done a few miles as a shake down. Still needs some work but a great rolling restoration for someone. Advisories on her MOT were slight play on n/s front wheel bearing, slight play on o/s rear wheel bearing and slight play on n/s rear wheel bearing. Not to bad for 16 years in storage. The chassis is one of the best I have seen having been blitzed in waxoil every year. One carb has a minor fuel leak. I have dismantled this twice and fitted a new kit from Eurocarb, but still not cured the leak. She is currently fitted with a set of carbs off my Excel but these will be changed back to her own carbs before she goes. Since driving her an oil leak has started on the rear crankshaft oil seal, this was not evident during her MOT. She will require 4 new tires due to the originals being perished with age. I stuck on a spare set of tires for the test but need them back on my Excel. As previously mentioned on another post, the paintwork is not the best but looks ok from a few feet away. The car is now available for sale as I have another waiting to come home and have limited time to go collect it as well as being rather short on storage space. Something to do with having 6 cars plus our daily drivers. I do have someone interested in her but just feeling the water in case it falls through. A plus point is the engine has been rebuilt and has great oil pressure and compression so wont require anything for  years to come.

Any interest feel free to PM me and I can give a full breakdown of whats been done or is required.

See short clip of her on show last week a a prestigious classic car show in Scotland.

The White marks on the bonnet is dust blown from the show site.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, mdw said:

That red excel :blink:.  

That is the first Excel pickup truck. Nice project as an blank canvas for someone to complete.

• Gold FFM
On 22/06/2018 at 09:08, silverfrost said:

Gutted to hear about the dog, Sadly the big C gets most of old dogs in the end sadly. 

Well it was decided to find another dog after the loss our old chum, much against my usual, we went for a pedigree from a dealer his time. Main reason being the grandson is a bit frightened of bigger dogs so we though, get a pup and he can grow with it, so a pup was found from a good breeder and no puppy farm. Pup now been home 4 weeks and dopey as any new dog can be. But the grandson loves it. Nice little Blue and Tan marled Italian Whippet to keep our other Italian Blue company.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

LotusRescue currently have a stock of 2 Elites, 2 Excels for light restoration. Any interest PM for details. All up and running.

• 1 month later...

A massive massive thank you to John and Wendy aka Lotusrescue, for they’re help and massive amount of patience In dealing with our breakdowns and hickups along the way to and from lotus 70th birthday celebration,👆🏻 as discribed above. 

without them we’d have been up the creek without  a paddle, 

other than these issues along the way was an amazing weekend and met some great people to. 

Thanks again 

pops and Mumma Walsh of Lotusrescue yous are the best 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was a great weekend and happy to help out! My ‘solo‘ weekend away didn’t feel so solo with all the fab folk in the Lotus community.

Hate to hear of all the car troubles ... but we all know what L O T U S stands for... ;)

Had a good drive home south and for awhile in convoy on the A11 with two other green S1s... one of which being the taxi ride for Elisa Artioli :) Go team green Elise!

• Like 1

@johnpwalsh - Thanks to you, Wendy and family for making such a memorable evening.  I am just so glad I missed out on the 'mouthwash' shots as Wendy described them (even now the thought of the taste of them makes me cringe). Glad you all got back safely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Always an adventure John! Good to travel down with you, and thanks for your help as you eloquently described above. The return journey home was fun and uneventful thankfully(well, ok, I lost a bit of aluminium trim at 70mph, in the rain...I didn't return, it is on the A66 now), but I had you on speed-dial just in case.

Oh, and has anybody ever put V-power diesel in an Esprit? A friend did on the Sunday, and it makes a great smoke machine. Not enough diesel to make it stop luckily, so it got home safely.

A great weekend indeed. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Cheer's Dave. Please just don't ask me to do another to this extent in a hurry. I have another waiting to be started on but it wont be to the extent of this one. Hats off to Fabian (among a few) for all that he has completed on the Bond one, and to many other's who gave me hint's, tips and advice on this one along the way. TLF, you just cant beat it. :driving:

• Like 1