Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My recent Certificate of Provenance.. the good and the bad - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My recent Certificate of Provenance.. the good and the bad

Aj

41 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I've read on here time and again about how people will only buy an Evora +2, with 0 miles and the factory cellophane still on the seats, with all the packs in the right colour because otherwise they won't be able to sell it - FFS, you've just bought the car and you're worried about selling it and the next owner. Get a bloody life! If you want to make money don't buy a car.

Totally agree. And if you want to loose a load of money, buy a new car.

• Like 1

Don't be disappointed! Silver s2's are not easy to come by, I've got a 1977 s2 prototype that was made in metallic silver but like yours, has been painted red, also a 1979 s2 which is also a03, silver! I used to also have a 1980 in silver, which was pretty much the last of the silver s2's but sold that on to fund another esprit. 

If you like it red, keep it red! If its on the road and not causing you any other wallet pain, I'd keep it red! 

I'm respraying my red one silver and I can honestly say it's not going to be cheap!:(

I seem to be a magnet for silver esprits!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Cos they're the best colour :devil:

Well.... you would say that, Agreed they do look classy in JOHN LONG SILVER, but any lover of fine exotic Lotus would surly pay an extra ten grand for an azure blue one.

• Like 1

Another S2 owner who's car was originally silver, it was yellow when I purchased it.  It needed a respray so I painted it white which was the colour car I wanted.

All done for my own preference, I have to say I prefer the silver to red though.  I would say its more common for an early car to have been resprayed at some point rather than wearing its original paint.

Great, do what keeps you happy.

In my opinion as long as it was sprayed any of the originally available factory colours I wouldn't be put off and I don't think the value would be affected too much.

• Like 2

For the sake of collating Silver S2's in this thread, I also have one, but it's currently white and it was my cert. of prov. from A. Graham that revealed the original colour. I was relieved, I'll say no more. It's #59 off the line btw and had a red leather and black interior. I'm guessing yours was black inside AJ?

It's great to be able to tap into Lotus's historical archives and have the company recognise your car, the Esprit needs all the backup it can get in a market that has forgotten it, so in that sense the COP is a nice thing to have in your history file. Good to see your doing whatever you want with the car because it's an object of desire after all so why would you have your desires compromised!

Don't short change us on a pic or two when it's done! :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On Sat Jan 07 2017 at 11:55, GTK said:

For the sake of collating Silver S2's in this thread, I also have one, but it's currently white and it was my cert. of prov. from A. Graham that revealed the original colour. I was relieved, I'll say no more. It's #59 off the line btw and had a red leather and black interior. I'm guessing yours was black inside AJ?

It's great to be able to tap into Lotus's historical archives and have the company recognise your car, the Esprit needs all the backup it can get in a market that has forgotten it, so in that sense the COP is a nice thing to have in your history file. Good to see your doing whatever you want with the car because it's an object of desire after all so why would you have your desires compromised!

Don't short change us on a pic or two when it's done! :)

That's right, black leather interior. 

This was her a couple of months back!

2016-07-20 15.37.43.jpg