Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
'Barn find' at auction - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

'Barn find' at auction

Bazza 907

Apologies if his has been posted before but looks interesting. I'm sure it's been discussed on here a few years ago - perhaps in 2012 when it was last for sale.

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/en/classic-auctions/latest-classic-car-catalogue/saturday-28th-january-2017/1983-lotus-esprit-turbo/

Anglia Auctions.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Bloody hell,  If they had not written the colour down i would of struggled to see what colour it was !   Cant see why you would not wash it though ?  Lots of work for the new owner, but complete though by the looks of it. 

Will be intrested to see what it makes, poor old e type bonnet in the picture :(  and that rare barn find cement mixer in the  fore ground just cant quite put a year on it :P

A

The interior looks to have seen more action than 30,000 miles......and the seats don't look original either. Everything else looks at first glance to be there though.

I am currently expecting to be at this auction....by chance.  I will report back although dont know yet if it will be from my house or my new batchalor pad which I may have if I come home home with it!!!!!!

• Like 1

There is a thread from back in 2012 discussing it saying that there was something wrong with the engine.

I think it's two tone green over black but hard to see from the photos.  

Never been a fan of Esprits with 2 tone paint,  think that is why that red two tone turbo on pstonheads  has not sold yet. well that and it having a large price tag anyway.

A

I'm not selling the car but know a bit about it. The mileage is genuine, as are the seats. The engine was fitted with HC liners and pistons at 24k. The engine is currently in bits as it suffered from detonation damage (liners 1 & 4 will need repairing or replacing) and there's an HC head with it to replace the damaged original head. The turbocharger is a Turbo Techniques unit, possibly not standard, and the wastegate needs rebuilding with excessive corrosion.

28 minutes ago, silverfrost said:

Never been a fan of Esprits with 2 tone paint,  think that is why that red two tone turbo on pstonheads  has not sold yet. well that and it having a large price tag anyway.

I'd agree with you although as prices have increased it's become much more attractive as the years/months go by. If this 'barn find' does go for £20k then the red one on Pistonheads will probably be a better buy unless somebody really enjoys doing the restoration and have the ability to do it themselves.     

• Like 1

Im with Phil

very over priced for a non runner that'll need cash throwing at it.....

even if it does have a provenance...........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

Seems like I've got two like that :lol:

i shall be watching with interest - the muck and dust will add to the mystery - I doubt they will wash it

Only here once

Yep, but if it was a car specifically for MrWickens, and it was because of him that the oval badge came in, perhaps it was fitted before the stock of the old badges ran out, or perhaps a rplacement once the new badges arrived.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EHistory/lotusbadge.html

• Like 1

An interesting low mileage Turbo barn find up for auction, unusual British racing green with matching interior. I like the scheme with the gold decals, think I would have cleaned it though even just out of curiosity!

Dave :) 

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/en/classic-auctions/latest-classic-car-catalogue/saturday-28th-january-2017/1983-lotus-esprit-turbo/

IMG_2807.JPG

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

Topics merged. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Even with the engine in bits which the description fails to mentions and stating only some mechanical work I would not be surprised to see it hit £15k.

A few nice cars in the auction though, I actually fancy the RS1800 fiesta as owned one when new... mid life crisis! ?‍♂️?

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Wow, another BRG turbo with green half leather interior. I though my car was unique but obviously not.

:) 

• Like 2

It's getting there......