Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 88 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

Obviously a brand ad that might cause a few wry smiles but not very effective on its own. Brand press ads are like bricks, of limited use on their own but you can build something substantial with them over time. A brilliant product ad helps sell the thing plus build the brand at the same time but that art has been largely unlearned by the ad industry. At least this ad requires some decoding, helps build affinity and credits the reader with some intelligence, a rare thing for a car ad these days. Most seem completely at ease with just showing a picture of the car, mere awareness. What is usually lacking and what Lotus really needs are reasons to buy their cars, compelling, thought provoking arguments succintly and memorably made, ideally with some wit and charm.

A lot to ask for most marketing departments these days but as you can see, work that people respond to is easily shared. In a sea of mediocrity, the rewards for raising the bar are greater than ever. Trouble is, Zuckerberg can tell you how many people click on your FB ad, what time of day they did so, what they had for breakfast that morning and what colour underwear they are wearing so that's where most of the money goes these days. Because it's so targeted it's assumed that the viewer is already interested in what you have to sell so they do away with intrigue, insight and charm entirely.

The limited edition Elise is Australia only and possibly a request from the Australian importer... Phil's Evora is possibly the model that they should have never discontinued. Exige is still the biggest seller in the range.  The recent ad in a step in a possible direction but  they will need to up the ante something fierce to get traction... 

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Sorry but thought as marketing goes that is utter shite!  Just ain't feeling the love at all.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Well that kid should be thankful I was in a good mood and only gave him an E- as opposed to an F!

Sometimes I do find it hard to love Lotus as a company, I do love their cars, brand and heritage though.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Sorry but thought as marketing goes that is utter shite!  Just ain't feeling the love at all.

Glad it isn't just me then.

• Haha 1

Uh they were not set to be in Geneva, but by the look of it they may not be able to attend Beijing either. 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-beijing-motor-show/beijing-motor-show-likely-be-postponed-due-coronavirus

Do we know if they are going to attend Goodwood? it has sort of become their default event.

Goodwood though never a cheap venue as you need to have a decent pitch and build would be a good place to see the Evora based car , especially as their ‘home’ market show looks to be postponed. 

Black n gold

• Gold FFM

I’d say they need some new models desperately - but Porsche have managed to spew out the same stuff for decades which folks buy and fight over 6DD7A3FC-D9B4-42BC-BADB-C72AAD717AE6.jpeg.129c60db887976136f3d3208f5d27f84.jpeg

Only here once

The third one still looks the best. Lovely shape.

• Like 1

The small print.

No comment yet from the heavyweights here?  Re Popham's quote in the March EVO (271), p39 re the new range:

"..........appeal to a much larger audience tomorrow. And electrification will be key to this. Lotus will offer a level of electrification on all future cars and it's our learnings from Evija that will allow us to do this."   (No mis-typing: "Evija," not "the Evija". Better get on message everybody, it's a whole mind-set.)

But, more significantly, I'm taking "all future cars" to include the forthcoming Evora chassis sports car.

So saving for my 430 redoubled.

• Sad 1

I swear I read or heard somewhere that the "stop gap" car will be petrol only.

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

^I thought so too.  Petrol car was my last understanding but nobody tells us anything.  

If the '21-22 car is based on the Evora platform hopefully they'll keep the name and make the best one ever.  The platform has earned that and renaming the car isn't important.   The Evora is finally getting a little traction here in the form of the GT. Not huge, but better.  A lot of guerrilla warfare has been waged on behalf of the Evora.  If it is a 400 pus horsepower car,  calling it an Elan (which I also thought I heard was possible) would be a waste of a lot of You Tube videos.  

I have a lot of thoughts and questions  about this interim car as we all do.  

'17 Evora 400 MT