Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Awesome vids George,  still digging the parts video of them moving off the car :thumbsup:  Great presenting skills and good to see interveiws etc mixed in with the vids,  looking forward to lots more esprit content. 

Keep up the fantastic work :respect:

A

• 3 weeks later...

Lads I got a write up on Jalopnik! I'm delighted and excited so I have to show it off :innocent:

http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/this-new-take-on-a-car-restoration-show-is-beautiful-an-1797860568

E.09 went live last night after some 4am finishes and it's going great. Hope you like it. Warning: Some Lotus viewers may find some of the following scenes disturbing :lol:

• Like 1

Great news George and yet another great video, watched this one when it cam out on youtube,  Love that the Esprit is getting a bit more air time and found the loom removal a great watch the same as the rest of the video. Also great laymans terms on the 12v electrical system, and bonus points for using a classic michelin man lol. 

• Like 1

A

It's a great feeling getting closer to pulling the body off the S2. I'm looking forward to building a cradle for it, ideally rotisserie type but I'll see when the time comes. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Fantastic episode George  :thumbup:   I  like hearing things about Collin Chapman from that fellow,  a great interview and full of lots of intresting facts. 

Made me laugh when you seem to look for permission or forgiveness with the ideas about altering your lotus :P   Will be nice to see what changes you come up with for your car and look forward to seeing them.   

Gutted your front bumper did not survive intact,  could not see what the damage was though ?   

Anyway fantastic episode and really enjoyed it,  Hope you got over the lurgy  :)

A

Usually I try and listen for rubbish coming out of my mouth Dan but this head cold has blocked all the exits. How did I manage to take a supporting argument and contradict myself with it! I'm not fond of watching myself back, but the cringe is so much stronger in E.11 :lol:

You see so much people bashing though when someone expresses themselves through their car, Sid from E.04 is a great example. He saved a car from the scrappy and did an incredible restoration and yet there are those in the Fiat community who vocally hold a grudge. 

Totally forgot to take a shot of the bumper, but it cracked and fell apart in behind the lamp fittings where it bolts on. Hey what are the headlamp hinge fittings like on your car?

@Bibs green suits that car so much!

Oh and btw everyone, guess who gave me the snaps of the salvage Elise chassis.... Douglas Valley [for free] :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

SOUP - Classic Motoring E.12 // Austin 10 Hot Rod, Range Rover Vogue SE, VW T2 Bus, Lotus Esprit S2

Another cracking instalment. Good on you George. Have a gander at my resto thread if you fancy it (in the Elite/Éclat/Excel section)

Cheers

Ant

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Lovely car Ant! I really like the three tone interior. We've had a few parallels in our work schedules too :)  

Thanks for sharing the link. I'm a bit bad at doing it here because I'm worried I just spamming up the joint. On the SOUP thing though I got the P/O history of the Esprit and so far I've managed to make contact with four owners! There are 10 which I'm assured is common with this type of car. As one owner put it - a lot of guys need to get it out of their system. I'm just trying to get it into my system.

Thanks Neil! Very close to being Esprit-less in the coming episodes, at the mo I'm pretending the glass doesn't have to come out. Little scary that is, I've broken a Range Rover screen before, just putting it down. I have to get some of those those glass suction cup handles and figure out how I'm going to safely store the windscreen.