Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bargain set of calipers and pads - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bargain set of calipers and pads

OK everyone. Lotus are selling off evora calipers and pads at a bargain price. £475 inc. VAT for the set of 4. I just snagged a set which I will keep as spares.

Only 30 left so get in.

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/index.php?a=2&b=39430

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You'd practically pay that to get your old ones refurbed and painted.  Damn, had mine done or I'd have been in there like a shot.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@Hedgehogfromhell these would be about the same price as the brake pads on your spreadsheet and you get nice new shiny calipers as well as the brake pads too. Gotta be a no brainer there!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

43 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

@Hedgehogfromhell these would be about the same price as the brake pads on your spreadsheet and you get nice new shiny calipers as well as the brake pads too. Gotta be a no brainer there!

Cheers Andy, i'll be getting this bought asap!

Got be red surely....

The small print.

Purchased!  Thanks for the heads up and link, one of the things I have been looking to do to mine.  Think they look great on a white car with black wheels.

All being well I should be collecting a 2011 Evora tomorrow (can't wait!) and I was considering having the black callipers painted red.

Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how much it would cost to have the black ones swapped to these red ones?

Also, how much is a set of OEM pads for the Evora? I'm just trying to do some man maths to justify the purchase!

Stock pads and you can sell your old calipers too.

If you need any more encouragement then you need to swap the Evora for a four door Audi diseasel saloon instead!

The small print.

Whilst i agree the original link looks extremely good value, I have a bookmark saved for OEM pads from AP HERE.

This appears to be approx Eu250 for all four corners - including shipping for UK customers. Which is obviously rather less than £400+vat (presumably lotus dealer prices) unless I am missing something obvious. :ermm:

Even then - the extra £s to get four shiney new callipers (including pins! ) looks like money well spent.

As mik says just pads are way cheaper. Just bought some last week. I would have paid the extra for the calipers as well just for the colour change, but buying as a spare? When did you last need to replace the calipets on any of your cars?

Ahhhh. I pulled the trigger. For sure, it is going to be an improvement from my non-painted calipers... 

In case if someone needs non-painted calipers (for paperweight or whatever), just let me know. I promise, I sell them cheaper than OEM prices... :)

• 2 weeks later...

No difference at all - the "Lotus" ones are made by AP racing it is just the branding.  I believe they have "dropped" the Lotus branding going forwards for the AP Racing stickers. It will be a cost thing.

The small print.

On 8/29/2017 at 11:09, BigTed said:

All being well I should be collecting a 2011 Evora tomorrow (can't wait!) and I was considering having the black callipers painted red.

Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how much it would cost to have the black ones swapped to these red ones?

Also, how much is a set of OEM pads for the Evora? I'm just trying to do some man maths to justify the purchase!

@BigTed, it'll be region specific, but I had a quote from a guy up here for £200 all in to repaint my calipers. This was to be done as part of a job to add some GTE style stripes. Total cost was a little unreasonable, but that was the breakdown component.

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights