Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 106 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

1 hour ago, pete757 said:

Why that Tim?

The 'Exige' Cup seats are excellent :>) IMHO, totally in keeping with the car, especially as they also shed 18 kg over the Sparco's! 👍

I'm the opposite Pete, I think the sparco's are more in keeping with the Evora. Superb car otherwise :wub:

I think the Exige seats are great in the Exige btw, but not in the Evora. The Evora seat in the Exige would be a nightmare too :shock::rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, SFO said:

was it the full fat wings and all version? I thought production had finished 

The order book for Europe and rest of the world maybe closed, yet you can get one from a dealer provided you don't insist on having your own dream spec. However Lotus should be busy with the North American spec. The presentation of the GT430 for North America is set for early December with deliveries starting in the spring.

38 minutes ago, SFO said:

won’t fit!

I know. I was just saying from the perspective of the suitability of one for the other, that is to say each are best in their intended position. But not the other way round.  :secret:

3 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

I know. I was just saying from the perspective of the suitability of one for the other, that is to say each are best in their intended position. But not the other way round.  :secret:

That's subjective and down to an individuals position. For me, I love my carbon race seats in my 410 Sport and would not want the Sparco's. I have no ill towards those that do have them, their car and their choice. But in my 410 they are staying.

Can't help but think they would also look good in a GT3RS too!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

My GT430 is Auto. Compared to my precious 400 auto gearbox, it is sharper and faster in gear changes and more accurate. This difference is more prominent after 20mn pushing on track on private road. Quite happy with it for now, but not equal to PDK by any means. Yet, I prefer it over a PDK for its brutality and its sounds on downshifting!

GF

32 minutes ago, Hakim0v said:

My GT430 is Auto. Compared to my precious 400 auto gearbox, it is sharper and faster in gear changes and more accurate. This difference is more prominent after 20mn pushing on track on private road. Quite happy with it for now, but not equal to PDK by any means. Yet, I prefer it over a PDK for its brutality and its sounds on downshifting!

GF

Pity your not a bit closer as would like to have met up .

As there are so few Auto GT430’s I think they may become very sought after . Have you considered the soon to be available 460 Komotec upgrade or are you happy with the 430 power ?

7 hours ago, BatMobile said:

agree the gt430s are just stunning, after the gte its the best looking lotus for me. 

I always wondered why this one has hung about, think the louder colours really suit this car:

https://www.levencarcompany.co.uk/lotus/lotus-evora-3-5-gt430-2dr

does anyone on here actually have the auto? hoping the next car models all come with the option of a great auto.  

We have the auto although we have not done a track day yet

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

5 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Porsche PDK is very well developed, in fact so much  so I believe drivers are advised to leave the car in auto rather than interfere with the accuracy. The Lotus IPS unfortunately wont hold a candle to that system on track, works fine on the road but I understand from a few that it sometimes gets a little confused or doesn't select a gear at paddle command in the heat of the moment. Then of course ther is the ommision of the LSD too.

Trevor.

Not sure about the PDK being better, the Audi DSG isn’t as good as the Lotus auto when using paddle or full auto mode, TBTH when we do get round to track day the car I’m fairly certain will be much better in “sport” auto mode than me doing paddle shift 

as for the comments on LSD will we ever know?

for me the car could do with better (harder) engine mounts and also considering replacing the pre-cat manifold 

in answer to the criticism on the proper light weight seats I’m really pleased we didn’t waste £3.5K on the soft option 

oh dear thought this was going to be a quiet night in!

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

1 hour ago, DarrylV8 said:

Not sure about the PDK being better, the Audi DSG isn’t as good as the Lotus auto when using paddle or full auto mode, TBTH when we do get round to track day the car I’m fairly certain will be much better in “sport” auto mode than me doing paddle shift 

as for the comments on LSD will we ever know?

for me the car could do with better (harder) engine mounts and also considering replacing the pre-cat manifold 

in answer to the criticism on the proper light weight seats I’m really pleased we didn’t waste £3.5K on the soft option 

oh dear thought this was going to be a quiet night in!

Be interesting to know if and when you do track it and where as on Somewhere like Silverstone you can just about get away with only having to short shift in a couple of places unlike most other circuits .

1 hour ago, Tex said:

Pity your not a bit closer as would like to have met up .

As there are so few Auto GT430’s I think they may become very sought after . Have you considered the soon to be available 460 Komotec upgrade or are you happy with the 430 power ?

Yes indeed. I attended the Lotus 70’s Anniv but failed to meet any of you guys. Hopefully one day, we do a GT430 parade when they are “collection cars” 😂

abt the Komotec... I doubt I would be interested. A 500 hp upgrade and an LSD would be more worthy the pain, cuz this car can handle much more power than it has in its stomach right now. I believe it is abt time they seriously consider a DC gearbox also.

GF

3 hours ago, Hakim0v said:

GF

do you have a video to see in action the gearbox ?

thank you

I called Boe Fab last week to discuss power upgrades in a yet to be purchased Evora and a week or so before that a local-ish Lotus dealership in regards to the 400 and 430.

they both stated at this time the manual is a much stronger trans especially for track use

Boe did state they are working on a kit which is suppose to improve the auto trans.  No clue what it improves and if it makes this option stronger

• Like 1

Guest hosscartwri
15 hours ago, Hakim0v said:

GF

When test reports and owners refer to the brutality of auto shifts I find myself wondering what stresses and strains these shifts place on the transmission and further up the drivetrain. A brutal shift in this context is a hard and sudden jerk which must place significant stress on a multitude of components. Its all rather ironic as those of us who (try to) master heeling and toeing are seeking the exact opposite of brutal shifts - we want to match the revs so that the gear change is rapid and smooth with revs perfectly matched for the lower gear being shifted down to - I suspect most who heel and toe also hate a jerky upshift or a slipped clutch on the upshift. 

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

I know this is a very difficult question to answer but any feedback would be appreciated.  Can anyone comment on the real world differences between a GT430 with and without the sound deadening?  As a point of reference I have owned an S1 Exige (Motorsport version which was basiclly a german spec car with a roll cage and without AC).  I’ve also owned an Elise Sport 190 (track only Motorsport spec), and an Exige S240 (USA Street Car).  I’m building out a spec to order the US GT430 should they announce them and don’t have any idea what the relative noise level would be.  

It would also be helpful to understand if a GT430 with the sound deadening is similar or the same as an Evora 400 (I can test drive one of those).

This car will be a street and track car but not a daily driver.  As a point of reference, if someone has the Evora and a GT3, I have a 991.1 GT3 and a 991.2 GT3 Touring.

Thanks!

Instagram: @tpupnomad

1980 Lotus Esprit S2

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Some other stuff  🤠

On 21/11/2018 at 10:37, hosscartwri said:

When test reports and owners refer to the brutality of auto shifts I find myself wondering what stresses and strains these shifts place on the transmission and further up the drivetrain. A brutal shift in this context is a hard and sudden jerk which must place significant stress on a multitude of components. Its all rather ironic as those of us who (try to) master heeling and toeing are seeking the exact opposite of brutal shifts - we want to match the revs so that the gear change is rapid and smooth with revs perfectly matched for the lower gear being shifted down to - I suspect most who heel and toe also hate a jerky upshift or a slipped clutch on the upshift. 

Mines not particularly 'brutal'.  To me, it's just a fairly normal auto-box change.  I suspect it's just a case of it being judged against the silky-smooth dual-clutch units out there.