Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Le Mans Classic 2018 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Le Mans Classic 2018

Chillidoggy

I/we will be going.........

Cheshire Lotus Owners Group.......

Usually 10~12 cars......all Lotus except 2.....porsche rsr and a Lancia delta intergrale evo 2.........

We usually sort our own trip rather then booking though agents........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Thinking about it. Went with club lotus travel partner (le mob)  last year, and liked it, although the same is available cheaper elsewhere.

If I was doing it again, the retro rides guys seemed to have similar to what we received, albeit with a less picturesque chateaux.

There are a few wedge 2+2 lotus guys that might be up for it this year.

Dunc

I haven't been to the Classic before, and my son is dead keen to go, hence the ask. I'm told it's a really good event, but no idea apart from that ad to where to stay, or whether there a TLF or other Lotus contingent going.

Margate Exotics.

I went two years back and had a great time. Good drive down and a lads adventure. Watching cars at 3am round the circuit with a beer in hand is great.

Not one for camping but camped at the circuit and the showers were hot and clean (I got up early). Lots and lots of lovely classics. I would go but Will give it a few years . 

Big turn out from the lotus clubs to 

2B05E2D8-F60C-4807-B1E5-97EC0E45DC42.jpeg

6BF8F12D-60CD-4609-B72E-0A6E72D5C699.jpeg

E8FB637E-1FAB-4F18-B6F8-584344D17705.jpeg

We've been going since the half hearted testing the water one in 2002.........

Its grown year on year and is huge now......the camping is now all over...but that's not a bad thing as they're actually spending money to improve the place........ kinda miss the old but the new is good......

Watching a 1923 Bentley coming down the mulsane at 2am at about 120mph with candles for headlights......thats a vision I'll never forget......

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

There are a dozen or so of us from Club Lotus Wessex area going. We are staying in a hotel a short distance away.

My first Classic le Mans. Should be good fun.

We are also going to Ypres Lotus day in May and Angoleme in  September! 

Yahoo!

hotel......:o

what wrong with camping...........you wont miss anything and you can have a beer.......lol

Ypres is something I keep meaning to do but its always on a Thursday...........

oddest day to have a national holiday but its a religious holiday so the day is the day.......

I nearly made it a couple of years ago and has the hotel booked for the Saturday but then had to pull out....

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin, I see from your previous post you are a Club Lotus member, so book your tickets through the club, you then get to park in the club's reserved area in the infield. 

What tickets you need, obviously general admission for however many days you are there. This gets you access to all spectator areas, club displays & trade stands. Paddock tickets if you want to see the race cars close up, not essential but worth it in my opinion.

Grandstands are free on Friday but tickets are required if you want to use them on Saturday & Sunday. I would avoid stands 15 (Chinetti) & 16 (Sommer) as the views from there are not very good. The stands above the pits (34) are good & from what I can see seem to be reserved for clubs displaying this time.

Also be aware that if you drive to Arnage or Mulsanne corners to watch, you will need to pay to park.

• Gold FFM

Booked to go with Travel Destinations to my 6th Classic Le Mans. 8 of us in 4 cars.

Quality 4 days ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

who's staying camping on site at the track

who's got some hotel/B&B/Chateau providing accommodation

(if youre off track....how far away?)

just thinking out loud....as if there are a load of us then why not have a rendezvous......

few beers round a BBQ....etc

I know we are on site and there are 12 of us with 10 cars.......so we do manage to get a large(ish) pitch

oh also what days are you there?.......

some for one day....some for 3......some for 5

(we do 5 days)

• Gold FFM

We are going out on 4th and returning 9th. Camping at Maison Blanche

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I thought maison blache had gone....bought for Porsche corporate........????

apologies....just looked at the map and its back on......they'd taken it off in 2016

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m going for the first time in my Type 25 with 2 friends both in MGB Roadsters. We are going with Travel Destinations and glamping at Porsche Curves, as it worked out cheaper and we don’t want to carry much kit. We are leaving Portsmouth on the early morning frrry Thursday and getting into Cean in the afternoon, a nice steady drive down and might pop into Arnage en route. We are also booked to do 2 laps of the track on Friday which I am buzzing for (GoPro’s will be powered up). On Monday we will leave early and take the scenic route up to Bayeux to pop and see some friends of mine for lunch and then pop up to Arramanches on the coast and a nice drive along the coast back to Cean ready for the afternoon crossing back.

Anyone else going over on Thursday morning? I am looking forward to the fantastic atmosphere and variety of cars. I do this crossing regularly, but never in the Lotus yet and most times it’s holiday makers and caravans, so it will be amazing to be among lots of sports Cars.

we do the over nighter Portsmouth St Malo on the way out......then the over nighter from Caen to Portsmouth on the way back

90% going again this year, accommodation provisionally booked. Did it twice a while back (2006/8) so memory fading and a bit rusty on where to go etc. plus its probably changed a bit since then. We could feel a difference even in that 2 year gap, lots of circuit visibility given over to corporate truffling pigs, and the freedom to roam the track/pits at will during the first one was gone.

If it goes to plan we will be arriving a bit more serenely in a Jaaag.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream