Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 9 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

The problem is the train is 20 years old, cars have got wider and they take the hump if you turn up and have not booked high vehicle... I point out I am not a high vehicle and nowhere on the booking does it say wide vehicle. All the bike racks, etc also go to the high vehicle section too which means it's over use. And then it really does not help when everyone with a soft roader "4x4" assumes they are a high vehicle and then go there... the only 4x4 that is over height is pretty much the Discovery, which will actually fit on normal height even though when lowered it is 7cm over the stated 185 (it sets off all the alarms but they wave you through).

The biggest nightmare I had was in the RS6 when they made me go on the low vehicle and on the upper deck, absolutely no idea where the curbs are when you go up and the wheels have less than 20mm either side. They need to change the booking to highlight wide vehicles rather than high i think. And start replacing the carriages - the problem is likely the toilets and stairs on the double carriages. 

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep, I have to tilt the mirrors right down and drive by watching rear wheels in the Evora.

so I tend to book high vehicle as a matter of course now.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, LF1 said:

The problem is the train is 20 years old, cars have got wider and they take the hump if you turn up and have not booked high vehicle... I point out I am not a high vehicle and nowhere on the booking does it say wide vehicle. All the bike racks, etc also go to the high vehicle section too which means it's over use. And then it really does not help when everyone with a soft roader "4x4" assumes they are a high vehicle and then go there... the only 4x4 that is over height is pretty much the Discovery, which will actually fit on normal height even though when lowered it is 7cm over the stated 185 (it sets off all the alarms but they wave you through).

The biggest nightmare I had was in the RS6 when they made me go on the low vehicle and on the upper deck, absolutely no idea where the curbs are when you go up and the wheels have less than 20mm either side. They need to change the booking to highlight wide vehicles rather than high i think. And start replacing the carriages - the problem is likely the toilets and stairs on the double carriages. 

You did better than me in RS6 I damaged 2 wheels furious it was practically impossible not to touch it was a 2015 with 21” alloys 

40 minutes ago, internets said:

Porsche Olive @ Bell & Colvill

lotus-evora-S3289947-4.thumb.jpg.476cd784ec52913ea36966e000aaf3f9.jpg

Saw this last Saturday at Bell&Colvill it’s stunning colour really suits it. The  more unusual the colour the better on a GT it seems.

My Mclaren is Black it’s fast but looks a bit dull next to the GT I wonder if a colour wrap exists in this green 

For me it can only be MSG, funnily enough not a huge green fan generally except MSG is 'tres magnifique ' :wub: In fact a GT410 in MSG would be seriously in the running had I not just purchased my 400 ;) 

Saw both the Olive and the Empire Green GT430's in the 'tent' at the factory last month.

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

2 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Picked up Saturday and been busy running it in. Lives up to all my hopes and more!

IMG_5144.JPG

Did 1000kms in one  hit just stoping for fuel in my GT and got out feeling fresh better than the 400 

1 hour ago, Trevleg said:

Saw this last Saturday at Bell&Colvill it’s stunning colour really suits it. The  more unusual the colour the better on a GT it seems.

Second of the UK GT430 that I am aware of in a Porsche colour #justsaying. 

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

2 hours ago, Trevleg said:

My Mclaren is Black it’s fast but looks a bit dull next to the GT I wonder if a colour wrap exists in this green 

Speaking of which, the red New Griff now has an interesting wrap...

I wasn't a fan of the TVR from the pictures but in the flesh i thought it was lovely. Gotta love TVR and the paint jobs they have. 

Was a great day out but it was a shame there were none of the new shiny Lotus' (loti?) to have a look at. Geely could of used a stand or the show to bring attention to the flagship cars like Aston did with the new Vantage.

Loving all the GT430 pics, beautiful car - congratulations guys, however not a fan of the olive green.

Very much the Lotus equivalent of the TVR Sagaris. Only I'm glad Lotus found a way to get the wheel arch vents working. At the same time I can see why TVR blocked theirs up!