Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 45 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

6 hours ago, DDubya said:

I couldn’t resist😍 Collecting on Thursday

Congrats - so there will be 2 living in Devon. Whereabouts are you, I live 5 miles west of Exeter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Congrats - so there will be 2 living in Devon. Whereabouts are you, I live 5 miles west of Exeter.

Keith. I’m just up the road from James (Lifton). I think I’ve passed you before.

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

2 hours ago, DDubya said:

I’m just up the road from James (Lifton). I think I’ve passed you before.

Danny, If SWLC have an open day this year then there could be 2 gt430's there? James has done a few jobs on mine and it will be going there for a service and its first MOT in a few weeks.

Have you seen the Re:Fuel events held at Mansell raceway near Honiton.

11 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Danny, If SWLC have an open day this year then there could be 2 gt430's there? James has done a few jobs on mine and it will be going there for a service and its first MOT in a few weeks.

Have you seen the Re:Fuel events held at Mansell raceway near Honiton.

James is planning an open day, so yes would be great to have two. I’ve been to Re:Fuel with James a few times. Hopefully will do the next one. 

My euphoria was short lived. The buyer has reneged on the deal, even after deposit paid, insurance and collection arranged. Gutted is a polite way of expressing real anger at the moment.

8 hours ago, DDubya said:

James is planning an open day, so yes would be great to have two. I’ve been to Re:Fuel with James a few times. Hopefully will do the next one. 

Is this place/event/meeting you mention at Dunkerswell airfield? I’ve flown in there a few times. If so it’s too far to drive as I live up near Silverstone but could fly down and hang out next time.

24 minutes ago, DDubya said:

My euphoria was short lived. The buyer has reneged on the deal, even after deposit paid, insurance and collection arranged. Gutted is a polite way of expressing real anger at the moment.

That’s not fair at all. What’s the reason?
It’s been up for sale a long time and I even had an interest back in November but pulled out in favour of the one I got.

2 minutes ago, Birtyboy said:

Is this place/event/meeting you mention at Dunkerswell airfield? I’ve flown in there a few times. If so it’s too far to drive as I live up near Silverstone but could fly down and hang out next time.

yes see    https://www.facebook.com/ReFuelSW/?eid=ARAtHqMqYontka1hE-9kYInZ-FfaBcfBYF1pmi7DslBWFLIVbEOBOPw5qL_TLXqAKCTiv2AzEe6FdJ9o

just a handful of lotus last time, there are 2 slots for tickets am or pm - due to covid regs. 

29 minutes ago, DDubya said:

The buyer has reneged on the deal, even after deposit paid, insurance and collection arranged.

This must put a pain, does it mean that the gt430 is off, what about p/ex as you already have got a deposit (to keep??)

Wow even by Lotus standards that’s an appalling sales figure. At launch, we were told that production would be limited to 60 units of GT430 and another 60 units of GT430 Sport.
Clearly Lotus sold a good deal more than 8 of the bewinged GT430. Does anyone have a recent CoP that confirms the production number for that variant?

• Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I don't understand why the GT430Sport was not more popular. For me it was the ideal spec without that big rear spoiler and would have been a silent giant killer!  (well, less of the silent with that exhaust!)

I was tempted to get the blue one that was for sale recently. My feelings were the same about it being a better daily but still a GT430, indeed the Sport was the fastest Lotus road car ever! 
But, I decided against it because there was no meaningful visual  differentiation between it and a GT410. Shame they didn’t keep the wheel arch vents.  I’m shallow, I know 😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

yes see    https://www.facebook.com/ReFuelSW/?eid=ARAtHqMqYontka1hE-9kYInZ-FfaBcfBYF1pmi7DslBWFLIVbEOBOPw5qL_TLXqAKCTiv2AzEe6FdJ9o

just a handful of lotus last time, there are 2 slots for tickets am or pm - due to covid regs. 

This must put a pain, does it mean that the gt430 is off, what about p/ex as you already have got a deposit (to keep??)

Thanks 👍 had a peak and looks entertaining. Need to get myself down there although I’ll be on foot with no wheels to show off.

1 hour ago, Gazm said:

But, I decided against it because there was no meaningful visual  differentiation between it and a GT410. Shame they didn’t keep the wheel arch vents.  I’m shallow, I know 😉

You can add them!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Wow even by Lotus standards that’s an appalling sales figure. At launch, we were told that production would be limited to 60 units of GT430 and another 60 units of GT430 Sport.
Clearly Lotus sold a good deal more than 8 of the bewinged GT430. Does anyone have a recent CoP that confirms the production number for that variant?

Here’s my COP obtained in Dec 19. Just the UK numbers. Presumably each international sales area has a number. Very unlikely that they made 60.

890C09EA-18AE-41FF-BC6A-D67FA14A7300.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I don't understand why the GT430Sport was not more popular. For me it was the ideal spec without that big rear spoiler and would have been a silent giant killer!  (well, less of the silent with that exhaust!)

First place to look would be the reasons you didn't buy one, surely?

8 cars for the world is criminal. Lots have paid more for a GT410 than what the UK's only 430 Sport went for. Makes no sense at all.

Funny thing was Lotus released the GT430 Sport due to feedback from punters who said they wanted one without the aero. Lotus responded, buyers then showed more interest in the full fat GT430 which outsold it 20:1. Go figure.