Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 13 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

On 15/02/2018 at 00:40, scotty435 said:

Central Lotus

IMG_0040.JPG

I like it a lot, never seen EG in the plastic though, always looks green in photos. Be interested to see more... would've gone for yellow calipers, stitching though! 

• Like 1

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 17:52, JayEmm said:

The GT430 does look quite good in the flesh, apologies if I confused the owner of V123 LOT.

It looked great even trundling on the M25

Ha - never saw this.  It was me probably running in!!:)

So I took the car to Millbrook in the wet last week and thrashed it round the skid pan.  Basically simulated a hairpin, approach fast, brake late, trail to apex, point and floor it.  In normal tour  mode it was impossible to get the car unstuck even in the wet.  Power was cut, understeer.  Good to know.  In Sport the car snapped in the wet much more quickly but was just about rescuable.  TC did cut in eventually though and still not optimal.  Race was initially not good in the wet and the car kept spinning out (admittedly with the throttle wide open on nearly full lock!).  But quickly it became manageable and progressive.  In the dry the combo of tyres, aero and chassis will make Race much the best mode.  Didn't really play with the variable TC though suspect this will be fun in the dry if not the quickest way round.

The car did understeer at the limit and I wonder if this can dialed out through the suspension.  Any thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes understeer can be dialled out, all GT430s come with the factory road settings. We need someone to winkle the track settings out of Lotus. 

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Yes understeer can be dialled out, all GT430s come with the factory road settings. We need someone to winkle the track settings out of Lotus. 

Yes.  Also thinking of going to Silverstone with an engineer and doing some live work there in early April

It's the way forward. Take a chassis engineer trackside and find the best settings for your individual car set up. Geo, tyre pressures and suspension settings are all going to vary from car to car dependent on driver. 

On 16/02/2018 at 18:53, Gm77 said:

Thanks for correcting me Connor. Does that mean your advertised GT430 is still open for spec?

Greg

Hello Greg,

Yes, we still have an Evora GT430 build slot available if anyone else is interested :thumbup:

Thanks,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very special car. The credit belongs to Russell Carr really. Even the out of focus, over exposed shots look good!

Come on @Sizona your turn for a few pics! ;)

• Like 1

Congratulations. I look forward to the photos.👍

Yes I quite like the new diffuser on the GT410 Sport too. Might be worth asking if they’ll fit one to a GT430 but I wouldn’t be too disappointed if they said no. Car looks amazing at the rear either way.

Sorry, strict door policy at this club!

Moved the riff raff to here: ;)

Bibs gets away with it because he owns the place!