Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 53 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

12 minutes ago, dcmp said:

I've 'think' seen some variation on the badges - I don't believe they are uniformed. 

However, my statement about the badge was a bit tongue in cheek - as hinted at by the smiley.

GT430Badge2.jpg.0f13952d2990fae96395ae63ead1dde0.jpgGT430Badge.jpg.899543e0a8a94efec8219ae20e4b3c94.jpg

Top one was a silver one from silverstone. The 2nd empire green on sale at hoffmans. 

So not all the same.

14 minutes ago, dcmp said:

However, my statement about the badge was a bit tongue in cheek - as hinted at by the smiley.

I know, but the badge would be the icing on the cake. Easily done. Easily changed and reversible. I'm looking to get one done for my 410 Sport, if i get it done I'll post up a pick and details of from where etc.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The parts list just has a choice of 2, may be that's the difference?

07 Build Plaque GT430           A710V0016F  

07a Build Plaque GT430 Sport A710V0017F

• Gold FFM

As I understand it the commemorative badges are all identical saying 1 of 60. 

By sheer coincidence (I’m the second owner) my car was the first GT430 off the line, so the badge is correct 😉

Or is it like the stopped (analogue) clock that’s right twice a day ? 

200A7C46-55A5-44C6-B47C-DCD5D9B052C1.png

Edited by OakMan

• Gold FFM

What can’t speak can’t lie ! 

Looks like typically Lotus, we ran out of those other badges 😁 

I’ve owned various Lotus since 1984 the factory has often been inconsistent with trim spec and badging.  

I see that the silver car is a ‘19’ plate where mine is an October ‘17’ car, another quaint anomaly for the Lotus files.  Both cars supplied by Silverstone Lotus too. 

Did Lotus actually make the target 60 cars ? 

58 minutes ago, dcmp said:

I’m of the understanding that 60 cars were produced on the same time run however not all were registered. The later 19plate cars one of which is mine just hung about a little longer.

43 minutes ago, Birtyboy said:

I’m of the understanding that 60 cars were produced on the same time run however not all were registered.

I don’t think that anywhere near 60 cars were produced. 24/25 ended up in the UK and about 15 elsewhere, IIRC. The actual answer will be on TLF somewhere. 

Regarding the plaques, ‘1 of 60’ is not the same as ‘Number 1 of 60’. Or so the marketing department might tell you. 

Wow for me I don’t believe we are having a debate about a little badge on the dashboard on such a historic car and probably the best car the company as built for some time now into the future, sure there are better things to talk about for potential customers when they do come for sale, lets face it its not going to be very often. They are definitely going a 6 figure number car again in not the to distant future.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Wow for me I don’t believe we are having a debate about a little badge on the dashboard on such a historic car and probably the best car the company as built for some time now into the future, sure there are better things to talk about for potential customers when they do come for sale, lets face it its not going to be very often. They are definitely going a 6 figure number car again in not the to distant future.

If there's a debate it's because people are asking questions or there is confusion that requires clarity. It might seem mundane or illogical but there is a difference is consistency, there is a conversation about whether 60 cars were actually produced. 

Maybe it would be wise to not knock a conversation that people are already having. 

That said, I think we are at the end of that subject. 

So, I noticed that my GT430 decals are slightly different to others....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Gold FFM

@dcmpThe GT430 production numbers have been debated at considerable length on this thread already and conclusions reached.  Go back to page 45 or thereabouts and earlier, or do your own search.

I started the conversation about the plaques, I Beleive it was OakMan that brought up the question about whether 60 cars were produced or not. 

But apologies, I will check through the forum in the future before making a comment. 

Cheers Xynagy, Bibs. I've had a look at this for the first time (apologies I don't always keep upto speed on here) and have a question and point;

1. Does column A represent anything in particular? i.e. Is the Essex blue owned by oakman the 1st made given it says '1' or is it just an ordering local to the spreadsheet. The reason I ask is mine is supposed to be the 8th.

2. Mine is listed as black but in fact its gun metal grey (military grey?)

I have Sparco seats and a carbon panel too.

Is this spreadsheet for us all to update or only by a select few?

Thank you.

Not wanting to get into a debate, however our car was built May 2018 (we actually went to the factory 22nd May during its build) and it was not the last UK GT430 off the production line

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

340R are numbered....mine is 184 of 340....but the factory did not record Ltd Ed number to chassis number.

I've spent 10 years+ with Andy G trying to match Ltd Ed to chassis. 

I wonder if LF1 (81 cars individual numbered) are matched at the factory. Probably not.

Justin

13 hours ago, Bibs said:

I've updated the GT430 Sport list based on the info on my CoP and the image @Black Forest Power put up in this thread some time ago.

There are:

• 2 RHD (UK, Australia)
  • 6 LHD (2 Germany, 2 France, 1 Switzerland, 1 Belgium)
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 20/12/2021 at 22:22, dcmp said:

Just now, Heathermead said:

That’s my car 🙂

• Like 1