Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
brake caliper swap.. - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

brake caliper swap..

thanks great advice..   looks sharp!!

looks like you have new discs and wheels... the fully monty!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I placed an order for some suspension but they sent me a refund and stated no stock. Did you guys receive your suspension ok?

Edited by edp

56 minutes ago, edp said:

Hey guys!

I placed an order for some suspension but they sent me a refund and stated no stock. Did you guys receive your suspension ok?

Both the dampers and the calipers I've ordered turned up within a couple of days.... Actually, they sent two sets of calipers by accident .....but they arrived fast!

I ordered  4 x dampers and 2 x rear springs on 24th March and they all arrived together on 27th March, so if you ordered before then, they should have arrived - assuming Lotus process things in date order...............................!

Hmm, that’s a bit worrisome...

Looks like something’s gone wrong with my order, I’ll chase them 

1 minute ago, Bibs said:

Just for clarity, Motorsport Auctions isn't Lotus. 

I know but Graham(?) was pretty good last time there was an issue with an order from slotus...

On 4/6/2018 at 18:25, Bibs said:

Just for clarity, Motorsport Auctions isn't Lotus. 

no, but are they not  being sold on on behalf of lotus tho

is this not  just an adverstising window with a percentage taken per sale , or advertised at fee cost..  motorsport auctions does not have any hard stock. or so it appears to me..

My calipers came direct from lotus  parts, further more, i made an offer  for another couple of bits via mortorsport auctions

motorsposrt auctions had to contact lotus to see if they could be sold at the reduced price.. which was declined... 

Calipers and pads arrived ok, quite a saving over RRP!:o

Ordered the front suspension again and got a refund straight away. Rear and springs seem to still be available.

If anyone decides they don't need their new fronts please let me know!

Well my dampers still haven’t arrived from the 19th of March and neither Lotus nor Motorsport Auctions have bothered to respond to my emails.

Kind of annoying as they were such a good price.

Oh well, guess I’ll just have to start a Paypal dispute to get a refund.

Edited by Jovver

• 2 weeks later...

I got the calipers last summer, the car is going to have its service at Snows in Southampton on Friday.  I asked them if they would fit them for me whilst the car was in but they politely declined - as they had not supplied the parts themselves.  Something about having to offer a warranty due to some EU law.

I can't really wait for Brexit so will have to find someone else - after my record on doing the brakes on my Esprit, I didn't want the Evora off the road for a long period of time when I make a balls up of it!

Anyone had a dealer fit these for them?

Sounds like complete and utter bollocks to me as if that was the case NO garage - dealer, independent or Kwik Fit would be able to do it.  Don't forget that the same EU passed the laws to say that you could get your car serviced anywhere without forfeiting warranty as long as oem parts used - I take it you bought them from Lotus? If so, they are OEM and the warranty would be with the caliper manufacturer as the sale of goods act would not apply to the dealer as they did not sell you the goods. The only thing they would be liable for surely was the quality of their workmanship in fitting them.

Sounds like my dealer in Edinburgh who said "no can do" to fitting DAB on my 410 Sport as it didn't come with it supplied, when Silverstone are activity promoting fitting the Alpine DAB to all 400 and 410's.

Some dealers just can't be arsed to be honest.... Obviously in my humble opinion.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes I got them from Lotus via the Motorsports auction site.  I also thought it was bollocks too but I can't force them!  Lotus Silverstone crossed my mind as well after I got the call saying no can do.

Fitted the DAB on the car myself, brakes though are not my strong point!, 

Hope you are enjoying your recent arrival!

Yes thanks @Nelly. The 410 is superb.  1k service coming up.

I do wonder about dealers sometimes. I get the feeling that they think they are doing you a favour rather than you paying them for a service.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

calipers swapped

painted the wheel bolts in ford moondust silver, my default go to paint for that new galvaized bolt look. 

quite a transformation..

considering im contemplating selling the evora, it does seem a bit odd swapping the calipers, but  I just  couldn't  stand looking at them in box wondering what they would look like on so got to it with the spanners.

probably wasn't the best of ideas.. as they look damn fantastic not helping with my decision making..

I always ocd on my calipers and keep them looking sharp but what suprised me were , the original pads  had only about 35% max wear on them.

knew when i got my car it had a super easy life, the ECU printout told me that..  but i thought the pad would be a little more worn..

red5.jpg

Edited by andyj007
  • Like 2

thanks chap.. i thought my callipers looked a little lost in my graphite wheels, hence the change... no doubt yours were camouflaged quite nicely with the black rims 

lotta love for red calipers :) works particularly well with C- orange / black combo... 

i thought your car was yellow tho, that first pic you posted on march 28th makes it look so... :)  shoukda read your username.. doh....

nice subtle flag on the wing.. like that . good work

aj

Edited by andyj007