Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
FREE ValetPRO Detailing Starter Kit - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

FREE ValetPRO Detailing Starter Kit

For GOLD TLF members, alongside your wonderful golden status, factory Certificate of Provenance, instantly better looks and 3bhp power upgrade, you'll now be shipped a boxed ValetPRO detailing starter kit worth £50. 

To upgrade, please click here :D

Fore more information on the products, please visit the ValetPRO website

zizuu02c.png.405d179d9228cbf03f2c703ab8a

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I popped down to Valet Pro yesterday to catch up with Greg & the team and my Evora was treated to some of their excellent products. Very impressive results, the new wax they're developing looked incredibly easy to apply and buff and left a very deep, very nice gloss. 

20190304_113812.jpg

20190304_161300.jpg

20190304_164824.jpg

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not used all the kit but certainly the glass cleaner is great just bought a long handle tool with a triangle shaped end to do the interior windscreen and the glass cleaner worked treat 

as I haven’t had chance to start my car detailing journey looking forward to using the rest of the kit so will do update then 👍🏻

• Like 1

Looking forward to your reports @Cdm2018. I washed my Evora on Sunday and used two buckets for the first time ever. I'm still not 100% sold on the logic of it but will continue to do it on the Evora for the foreseeable future.

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

Looking forward to your reports @Cdm2018. I washed my Evora on Sunday and used two buckets for the first time ever. I'm still not 100% sold on the logic of it but will continue to do it on the Evora for the foreseeable future.

This made me chortle.  I've been using the "two bucket" method for years.  Like yourself, the logic feels a bit iffy to me - but the consensus by those in the know is that it's the done thing.  Looking forward to seeing how the Valet Pro stacks up against the products I normally use from another reputable detailing company on the South Coast.

6 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

I've been using the "two bucket" method for years.  Like yourself, the logic feels a bit iffy to me

I use the modified two bucket method that requires 4-6 micro fibre wash mitts (or Valet pro safe sponges)

Basically bucket one is clean water, bucket two is empty.

I foam the car, then i dip the clean wash mitt in the bucket of water, spray some cleaner on the wash mitt then wipe down the roof, windows and rear hatch.  Wash mitt then goes into empty bucket two.

Get next clean wash mitt, put in clean water, spray on cleaner, then wipe down upper panels. Put wash mitt in bucket two.

Get next clean wash mitt, etc......

Seems to me to be the safest approach.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

I used the bug tar spray to help the decontamination process but I didn’t use the shampoo , should I ? 
I used Bilt Hamer foam and garage therapy decon shampoo but wondering if I should then use the valet pro shampoo ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Clive  

Who's Bug Tar Spray product did you use.   We make two separate products One for bug removal and one for tar.  To give you a better idea on the product you used I would need to understand its chemical makeup.

With any tar removal product you should shampoo the car after. This deactivates the solvent.  This is really important on composite paintwork.   Some solvents are aggressive and can cause paintwork to become brittle, thus increasing stone chips.  Our solvent is very mild.  Our solvent blend does not carry the flammable haz on the label this is due to the blend of solvents we use. Our key product is a BIO solvent developed from sugar cane.  Its expensive to make but the benefit means we can be far more gentle to the paint surface while being effective at removing tar.  This is largely ValetPRO ethos. TO make effective products that are kind to the surfaces they are cleaning both in short term use and long term use. If you come to our event on the 19th I can show you some of our equipment we use to check flammability.  

In terms of car shampoo I think everyone should only use ValetPRO products but in truth any combination of product will be fine. On another note Bilt Hamber Foam is a strong alkaline cleaner. Very effective and a popular product but is not a direct comparison to our pH neutral range of snow foams.  Our closest Snow Foam to Bilt Hamber is our Snow Foam Combo 2.  But for long term use to keep the paintwork looking its best I would stick to a pH neutral Snow foam. For best cleaning either our Foamula 1 or Advanced Neutral Snow Foam.  Again we have some Bilt Hamber Snow Foam at work and can do a pH reading on the event to demonstrate the difference. 

If I have not answered your question correctly please contact me direct.

On 31/05/2021 at 10:25, Cdm2018 said:

I used the bug tar spray to help the decontamination process but I didn’t use the shampoo , should I ? 
I used Bilt Hamer foam and garage therapy decon shampoo but wondering if I should then use the valet pro shampoo ? 

All the Best

Greg

Hi Greg

would really love to attend the training day gutted as I don’t have any time available with work 

I bought Bilt Hamer stuff as in my U tube / internet research the brand came out on top in various tests 

I have used the shampoo I got in the kit from ValetPro and I consider getting the snow foam as I nearly out would like to try a sample to test if that possible ? 
I think may have dropped a clanger when I choose the cutting compound but hey ho you learn from mistakes 

I looked at my efforts on my Evora and not totally happy but I am convincing myself not to strive for perfection ! 

As it summer I now have started the weekly wash to get rid of tree sap already depositing so hence use of tar remover ! I need to take your advice and make sure I wash after using this product 😮

• 2 months later...

Blimey, thanks. I got the box promptly 2 months ago but it has been acting as a pedestal where I put my mug of coffee for the missus to take it away 😃

The cars and bikes need cleaning - will do it tomorrow - promise 👌

20210909_113423.png.37182a143165a3753e812491a5c33b29.png

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 4 weeks later...