Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
unrepaired cat c s4 for sale - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

unrepaired cat c s4 for sale

pete

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Ouch. :ouch:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

IMO that would make a viable project, someone could end up with a lovely well sorted S4 for £15k if they didn't mind getting their hands dirty and could maybe haggle that asking price down just a bit. Unfortunately wearing that cat C tag it would be one for keeps not resale.

And a lesson to be learned for us Esprit owners, as @Barrykearley will second, get under your car and check those hub carriers for cracks.

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

And don’t ever let “sports car services” of Cannock anywhere near them.

they only did the one side - so clearly knew exactly what they had broken or damaged 

Only here once

Yes it is my S4. It will make an extremely good project and anyone who knows my car will know how good it will be again! The reason for putting it up for sale is purely down to a lack of time these days to complete the work. I have a little boy who needs my attention more than the car does and the family will take priority over the Esprit. Its a shame for it to just be sitting in the workshop gathering dust and someone will make the most out of it sooner than I do I'm sure. I'm not 'actively' advertising it as such as I do want it to go to a genuine enthusiast and have a good home. If I don't see a decent offer on it, It costs me nothing to retain it and it'll carry on gathering dust. I have received a few offers so far obviously there's the dreamers in there but some have come close.

This was a sad occurrence , but a great opportunity for anyone who wants to pick up the mantle .. I have inspected the Esprit  in detail post damage and to be fair it's not that bad as it goes.. I was involved with the insurance engineer assessing and compiling the insurance estimate . As Darren said in his sales ad, it was more about component availability that made it a cat 'C' loss , The body damage is general and apart from some of the bolt on's all just basic repair stuff ( with the relevant skills)   They always look worse than they are but this one does not look bad at all .. ( well not to me as a professional  )     This is a very quick S4 that was maintained regardless of cost.  It will make a fantastic project for an enthusiast..   Personally the cat 'C' is a badge, nothing more. Yes they have a stigma but only if no repair history gets recorded.   If repaired  correctly by a pro and documented its long term value should not be overly affected.   Remember classic cars become an insurance  loss more through the non availability of NEW  parts required than any actual damage.   One to keep an eye on ..  

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Believe me, I've been giving it serious consideration.  But fixing it properly will put it over the odds for me.  Unless it's a full respray, it'll end up looking patchy at some point.  However, it's incredibly well sorted mechanically.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, just to nicely wrap up this little thread, my Esprit sold within a week and I got the asking price for it. I could have sold it a dozen times over easily with the amount of interest and offers. I believe it was priced correctly for the car and that is why it was sold. There are a lot of Esprit's out there which are priced incorrectly in the hope that there worth the money and that's why they sit unsold for so long, but there are other threads for discussing "increasing values"... Id like to say its gone to a good home, but Id be surprised if it gets repaired correctly (to my standard) but hey. Everyone seems to want to do things 'as cheap as possible' and those here that truly know the Esprit know that you cannot skimp and do things on the cheap. Does this mean the end of Esprit-ism for me? Nooooo Ill always love the Esprit, it just doesn't suit me in my life right now which is a shame but that's what happens when there are other demands on what little time you have. However, Im sure those that know me will know Ill always be looking for that basket case for restoration in the future :)

• Like 1