Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time to start explaining - Page 25 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

Loving this story more and more every day. When you get these wheels on this now running road legal S4s............I’m gonna hear the screams of delight 400 miles away!:lol:

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Reckon I’ve sourced the centres - very happy bunny.

however - the van has had a slight noise coming on. Owning an Esprit does make the hearing a little paranoid especially when you’ve had a v8. Anyway - reckon it’s a gearbox bearing - common fault at the mileage by the looks online. 2 years old and 35k on the clock 🤬

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Don’t - I’ve got mates who’ve had nowt but trouble.

this is the third viv I’ve had - never had a problem with any of them before

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Get yourself a Vito auto with comfort seats I swear it is the most comfortable ride you will ever have. Nothing has gone wrong with it in 65k and I mean not a thing 

• Gold FFM

Back onto Esprits

plugged the laptop into the s4s - the abs light comes on when driving - and goes off again when restarted. It only comes on after a short while but you have to be moving - so I’m thinking speed sensors.

jacked up and tested one at a time - front drivers side - shows nothing at all - connections look ok - rings don’t look too bad - so I will order a new sensor and all being well that will be good.

swimming again shortly - so I’ve got a list of bits to compile and place an order with SJ, eBay and rock auto.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Can’t log in to sj website - and can’t reset the password.

will need to do  it the old fashioned at tomorrow. 

Huff

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Project mission creep cancelled. I’m not doing the suspension rebushing just yet.

ordered a new throttle cable, drive shaft roll pins and abs sensor this morning. This afternoon I’ve found someone to fully strip and refinish the futura wheels. 

Im going to get this car back in one real S4s piece and save the mission creep for when the S4 sells. 

Now off to search the internet to look at Tyres......

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 24/03/2018 at 20:30, pete said:

Renault?

Spoke to Vauxhall’s today call went like this

me - can I book my van in to be looked at .

goon - yes we have slots from 9/4/18

me - umm I’m really not sure it’ll wait that long as it’s a gearbox diff whining.

goon - ah we can get that in tomorrow

me - oh so it’s a known issue is it?

goon - no we will need to have a look at it.

hmmm guess who’s smelling the aroma of bullshit

• Sad 1

Only here once