Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oz futura - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Oz futura

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

I’m looking for a set for the S4s. Now I realise this may be looking for a gold egg laying unicorn but it’s worth a try.

otherwise - if this is impossible - what’s the next best. I’ve seen some Dare alloys which look very similar. But dunno if they do them in the right size. 8.5j x 17 fronts,10j x 18 rears.

any suggestions??

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Giniw said:

@Chillidoggy found some replica if I am not wrong? Maybe not split rims, but ... They were not very expensive if I remember well?

Yes, I dId, but the idea got shot down on here because they were sand cast, or something like that.

Barry, if you draw a blank, I’m sure there are some hairpin-pattern OZ Nova lookalikes available on the web somewhere.Then you can pretend you have a V8, without the expense. Simples!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Futuras looks like this

054BDD65-4069-4A30-AE51-1CC4DCED3AEA.jpeg.ee9560b17e3fe263819fe724b0f611ad.jpeg

Not found any copies yet. Dare do some that are similar - but not in the correct width or offset

• Love 1

Only here once

Don’t buy replicas Barry.......wait and you’ll get a set I’m sure of it. Can you imagine the slagging that will come with a set of replicas from this lot!:blush:

Good luck on the search Barry and hope you find a set soon, I am sure a  set will turn up soon. :thumbup:   Those replicas even if found in the correct offset would be heavy as hell compaired to the oz ones imo.

• Thanks 1

A

Have you tried South West Lotus? Long shot but they used to have various Esprit wheels refurbished for sale.

I remember Lotus had one of their sales down in Bristol around 2006 and they sold off many ‘remaining’ sets of Futuras!

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOtherstuff/LotusJanSale07.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Agreed. Even the secret set I found recently on a very dark corner of the web in a secret place not far from wolfsburg, are gone. Probably used for testing at VW's Facility, being exposed to diesel exhaust gasses and now completely rotted. Anyway, they were 4000 euro and totally mint, original receipt etc.

I am currently renovating mine, so not looking for a set myself. Go on Barry, get them asap.

Cheers,

jacques

• Haha 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

You could just search for the centre pieces and then buy new polished outer rims and inner barrels from this company.....www.felgenfuchs.de.  I'll be rebuilding my wheels soon replacing my outer rims with new 1/2" wider rims this company.

• Thanks 2

:thumbsup: 

Got those wheels brought yet Barry? ;) they might even do you a trade in with your old V8 wheels...unless you want to keep them for your next V8 project lol

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

14 hours ago, Bibs said:

@SWLC :thumbup:

Do they have a set available?! They don't list them on their website, do they?

EDIT: OK my browser doesn't load any external content apparently (a bit aggressive on the "do not track me" feature ... :D) so I missed the facebook integration link, sorry!

8 hours ago, davevr6car said:

You could just search for the centre pieces and then buy new polished outer rims and inner barrels from this company.....www.felgenfuchs.de.  I'll be rebuilding my wheels soon replacing my outer rims with new 1/2" wider rims this company.

Very interesting URL, thanks. And it's not absurdly expensive either, around 115+€ for an outer rim lip? That is rather great in my opinion.

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, internets said:

:thumbsup: 

Got those wheels brought yet Barry? ;) they might even do you a trade in with your old V8 wheels...unless you want to keep them for your next V8 project lol

Nope - I’m simply too poor at this stage.....?

Only here once

How much do they want for the set if you don't mind me asking?

(As for the tires they are probably already a bit old since they are NLA if I am not wrong — but I think Michelin still had adequate tires like a year ago, so ...)