Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2018 diet..... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2018 diet.....

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

so - December was largely spent laying around, fiddling with cars, bit of Christmas shopping and lots of laziness and drinking.

the missus joined fat club last jan - and she’s done amazing - lost 3 stone over the year. She’s now being massively controlling and insists I’m fat. So I got on the scales last Wednesday 90.1kg. Hmmmm couldn’t argue the fact.

im not allowed to join her fat club session and I wouldn’t want to anyway. She does slimming world. So I’m freeloading off the book she has. You can eat like a pig - but on meat and salad and fat free stuff. I’m missing crisps, chocolate and kebab though.

weighed in this morning - 88.0kg. Going the right way at least. I have to be honest I’m weighing Day and night to keep myself away from the chipshop temptation - the local Greggs I’m now fearing will try and kidnap me .

lets see what this year brings - how long I’ll stay good who knows. But - and it’s a big but - owning an Esprit means getting too fat just ain’t an option.

• Like 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oooh couldn't entertain either of those Ian. Have you tried Swimming and/or cycling? I was petrified that I'd clap the pounds on when injury put paid to my Fell Running 'career' but the swimming/cycling combo have kept the pounds off.

I'm sure I once read that if you loose weight dieting you have got to keep the weight off for a couple of years or it goes straight back on the minute you look at a pint and a curry.

Looking forward to weekly updates

3 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Me and the wife are going to Slimming World, or WeightWatchers.

Not looking forward to it, but there you go.:(

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Every morning I get up and think I’ll start the diet today followed by each night I go to bed thinking I’ll start the diet tomorrow. 

I’ve always been a yo yo dieter. Over the years I’ve gone through periods losing 4 stone, 7 stone and 3 stone to then put it all back on again. No getting away from the fact I like my food. (don’t we all) I feel great when lighter and life is great, more energy, want to do more things ect ect.

Reality for me is I start work at 8am and get home at 8.30pm then something to eat and slob in front of TV is the norm. 

Not a healthy lifestyle.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Anyone in any doubt about dieting or needing motivation to get thin - just look at how fat Clarkson has become - he's only 5 years older than me :)

I follow (not intentionally!) Buddsy's approach of not eating much during the day. By 5pm I'm chuffing starved though!

clarkson.jpg.1f33141f73787e1517e07a7a1bf0e5a5.jpg

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

86.5kg this morning.

cant wait til I’ve done this s4s - I’ll be able to afford to eat again.

anyone heard of @Bibs or do we need to scramble the search teams

• Like 1

Only here once

Love it! A thread on the Lotus forum about adding lightness! :D

Lots of good info there, Jacques. I'm feeling the same pinch. It's insidious. A pound or two a year and a decade on you've got an extra 20! Weather's crap here now so got me an indoor trainer for my bike and can now ride while I binge. It's a start.

• Like 1

Speaking of Wheels, It would probably be a good idea not to do as they do in a farting center - ehrm... fitness Club: spinning on bicycles without extra cooling.

So, for my home trainer, it's a apparatus from Tacx I have had for many moons, and that I attatch my racebike to, I place a fan slowly blowing cold air towards me, to cool me Down. If not, it's unnatural, and the body can overheat, which is very dangerous. Remember, spin up and Down slowly, also to get the Waste products out of the muscles. And soin lightly, not heavy gears. That will just destroy your knees.  Trust me on that. just my advice. Just don't get a Cold then ;)

And take an ordinary towel and place it on the floor udner the bike. It' s well worth it.

Kind regards,

jacques

ps: Barry: it would be a good idea for you to look at what you eat, combined with a Little exercise and drink Water, sleep enough etc. That way you attack the problem from all sides, and you'll feel better, as you can actually eat normal. and feed fresh, not exhausted. And in the beginning it's also loosing liquid (Water) from the body that makes it go fast. Later on, it's more stable fat burning. But cleansing ones liver is a very good idea. Both short term and long term. That is: the get rid of Waste products from the body.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

19 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Speaking of Wheels, It would probably be a good idea not to do as they do in a farting center - ehrm... fitness Club: spinning on bicycles without extra cooling.

So, for my home trainer, it's a apparatus from Tacx I have had for many moons, and that I attatch my racebike to, I place a fan slowly blowing cold air towards me, to cool me Down. If not, it's unnatural, and the body can overheat, which is very dangerous. Remember, spin up and Down slowly, also to get the Waste products out of the muscles. And soin lightly, not heavy gears. That will just destroy your knees.  Trust me on that. just my advice. Just don't get a Cold then ;)

And take an ordinary towel and place it on the floor udner the bike. It' s well worth it.

Kind regards,

jacques

ps: Barry: it would be a good idea for you to look at what you eat, combined with a Little exercise and drink Water, sleep enough etc. That way you attack the problem from all sides, and you'll feel better, as you can actually eat normal. and feed fresh, not exhausted. And in the beginning it's also loosing liquid (Water) from the body that makes it go fast. Later on, it's more stable fat burning. But cleansing ones liver is a very good idea. Both short term and long term. That is: the get rid of Waste products from the body.

Jacques, on a scale of 1 - 10 of wasting your time talking about healthy eating and drinking, Barry scores 11.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
48 minutes ago, Jacques said:

I’m on it chap - my diet can be dire - as life is chaotic. We pave had an adjustment in the swimming times so that makes it a lot easier not to swing past the kebab shop.

exercise this week has been full on graft workwisework wise - all this lighting installed over 4 days this week. 320m of conduit on that there ceiling. @Dan E check it out.....

B515E89C-EA62-4D3C-BE25-57AF81FA892D.thumb.jpeg.6c754fd044bce7074dd0652bca22d7f2.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Jacques, on a scale of 1 - 10 of wasting your time talking about healthy eating and drinking, Barry scores 11.

I’d be on a 1 presently - I’m a reformed character - although I will confess I’m on the whiskey to numb the aches

Only here once