Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S2 PROJECT ON EBAY. - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S2 PROJECT ON EBAY.

silverfrost

I didn't realise there where two types of s2 mirrors.

my cars original req number was EBO304V just a couple of numbers differant to the White S2 EBO307V photographed in

the book Lotus esprit complete story  which has the same mirrors .

so I guess both cars came from the same dealer? 

Look like mine also came with factory fitted A/c as the original engine number started CD

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I stand corrected thanks to David J, my S2 is an early one with slightly different mirrors. By the way my early spec mirrors differ only in terms of having a smaller footprint at the base, where the thing attaches to the doorshell. There were significant stress fractures radiating from both mirror mount areas on my doors so it would be fair to conclude that the larger base would be an improvement. FWIW.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Nice one Neil, I bet the wait was worth it, until you see your Esprit in the flesh you don't realise what a beautifully designed car it is, photos just don't do them justice. Nice to see another headed South West. 

I've seen far worse interiors, I'd definitely see if it could be revived.    Interested in the 'reversed' starter motor arrangement.   I assume its a modified Citroen transaxle?

I’d be getting some Autoglym upholstery cleaner with a light going over with a nailbrush or one of those wand ones for the dishes - I reckon you’ll revive that in no time. Are the seats leather - if so Autoglym leather cleaner and cleanser. You should be able to transform that interior with some careful thorough cleaning - done it many times and always end up with brilliant results. The thing is you could get it all revovered but original is always best!! Carpets are harder however and headlining will no doubt need replacing but those are the things that look wrong unless done by a professional whereas upholstery generally will never look the same as original - original is always the way to go! I would also say that steering wheel could be salvageable with a bit of filling and dying 

5 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

I've seen far worse interiors, I'd definitely see if it could be revived.    Interested in the 'reversed' starter motor arrangement.   I assume its a modified Citroen transaxle?

Where is the starter normal? To be honest I didn't notice anything amiss with location of starter.

its still retains its citreon gearbox . Just manage to speak to the owner who had the conversion done back in 2000

he said he had it done professionally and it ran really well.

• Gold FFM

Chassis is good ?? That’s brilliant news if it is - it was something many on here were sceptical about.

Interior looks good - it’ll clean and refurb as and when you can.

hope you find a new lump for it. When you have that engine out - be sure to remove, check and sort the fuel tanks

Carpets - simple - @Steve V8 is your man ??

• Like 1

Only here once

That interior looks beautiful if you ask me :wub: Just needs a little detailing here and there.

The seats have real Connolly leather, as in from Connolly when they were still Connolly. It will be high quality and should respond well to being reworked. You could recolour it if you don't want the patina look but with plenty of elbow grease and I'll bet it'll come up beautifully as is.

You could delicately glue down the frays on the binnacle.

Dunlop have begun to remanufacture 205/70/14 in their SP Sport format on modern carcasses, and were launched towards the end of last year.

Federal 657's have a similar look and are available in 205/60/14.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Dunlop have begun to remanufacture 205/70/14 in their SP Sport format on modern carcasses, and were launched towards the end of last year.

That's great news! 

I'd agree with @Mark Blanchard Don't however think of dying it back to black using Dylon Suede Dye. It's too dark (the Marcasite was more of a gunmetal in your car - or brown as Mark says), and the Dylon will make the Marcasite pile too harsh.

I'll be buying 2 of those new Dunlops next month for my S1 and will report back.

I really like it, the seats could perhaps take a light tan coloured dye if needed but definitely keep them as light as possible.

I'm scared for you at the cost of a new or rebuilt engine, but best of luck sourcing what you need. 

Interior

I'm Planning on leaving the Marcasite a lone (apart from a light clean ) it's pretty good.

but want to look at getting the connolly leather restored .Anyone used a company that they would recommend?

prefer to send the seats out to be done rather than use a diy kit.

carpets need replacing .again any recommendations for a pre cut set?

I am tempted to have the car painted gold as I think it will go well with the interior colour .will probably load her on the trailer next week and take to get a couple of bodyshops for quotes then I can make a start in getting the body of the chassis.

Then the big one find a engine.

• Like 1

I would advise getting the carpets made, rather than pre-cut. Especially if you're going to employ a trim shop to do the seats. SJ sell the correct carpet. Don't forget the rear luggage area carpet too (black).

I've photos of a similar coloured interior in a gold S2 (with lower black silk strip). Does look good. Can't post them on here though.

I don't know if he does re-Connollising but you could talk to Joseph at Stitch Perfect. If you've some loose stitching he's the man and I'm sure he can advise about the rejuvination of the seats. He served his time in the Morgan trim department. @Steve V8 Is a man you could talk to about making a new carpet set for you.

Gold sounds amazing, the S2 looks great in it. Is red the original colour?

George

PS tell Joseph I sent you [George from SOUP]

• Like 1