Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cam tower leak - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cam tower leak

Sparky

• Gold FFM

Gosnay's tell me they're a little behind, so still waiting for the head!  Hopefully this week.

The towers are not gasketed; they're sealed with an anaerobic sealant.  If this fails, oil will seep out from the joint between tower and head.  It becomes really noticeable when the exhaust tower seal leaks and oil drops onto the manifold.

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what we're looking at really (which is why its soooo much better that you are doing this than me!!!).  I love how solid the new inserts look.  But I don't like the look of the "crack" in whatever that recess is next to the furthest right valve guide bit of copper(?) pipe (last pic - or bottom in 2nd pic).  The others don't have it so it suggests to me it shouldn't be there.  Reassurance please.... 

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Don't worry Mike, it's just a rough bit of casting. Definitely not a crack!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Take no notice of them Gary, its not as if they haven't got enough to do on the own motors without bitching at you..  :sofa:

Always a pleasure watching your service rescues..  

D

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Cheers Dave.  They're so mean, but I take solace from the fact that mine was available to drive 365 days last year...

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

It's been my works van since January 2017!

That should help its resale value.

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Cheers Dave.  They're so mean, but I take solace from the fact that mine was available to drive 365 days last year...

Wise choice of words.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

I refer the honorable gentleman to my previous post.

On second thoughts, scratch 'honorable'.

Phwoar....that looks niiiice.  It's been properly touch with your tickling stick!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

I don't know, thought of applying a filter...

At  first I thought you were referring to the lack of plunger and spring, but they're just at the edge of shot. So, are you saying that somebody electrically bonded from one place on a piece of act ali, to another place on that same piece of cast ali, but didn't bond across the insulating nylon bush?

• Gold FFM

I knew I could count on you!  Looks like it fell off years ago, anyhow.