Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eclat Riviera - First MOT in 25 Years - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Eclat Riviera - First MOT in 25 Years

6 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Fantastic car. Now get on the road and enjoy it 🚗

Rest assured it will be used and enjoyed, should make an appearance at Castle Combe in May and then as many Lotus events as possible until the snow starts again, so probably mid August.

7 hours ago, cbclotus said:

As above .Rare car ....Great colours .....Mike

Rare indeed, the certificate of provenance shows that it is in fact unique, only Riviera in Silver Diamond with red leather/cloth interior and manual steering. There were 67 domestic Eclat Rivieras produced and 13 export, I was always under the impression that the total was 78 but clearly it is 80, of which I have had four.

18 hours ago, mikeeech said:

Lovely car. A really nice interior. To pass an MOT after 25 years is quite an achievement. Congratulations

Not been in my possession for 25 years I hasten to add, I have been conducting a thorough refurbishment for the past 11 months. The tax disc shows 1994 so the previous MOT was probably 1993.

Many will remember my black/gold Riviera that I sold about 4 years ago, that was stunning and I bitterly regret selling it, I would say that this one is every bit as good.

DSC04403.JPG

2 hours ago, cbclotus said:

Hi David .Did the car come from Devon .i remember one for sale a while back ....Really like the s2 elite ..eclat cars ...Cool .Mike

Yes Mike I believe it did.

Absolutely beautiful! Very understated color.

I had no idea they were so rare, now regretting even more I did't get the yellow one that was for sale some time ago...

Now out to enjoy it in the sun with that lovely roof off. 😎

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ant, my intention is to use as much as possible.

All S2 Elite/Eclat models had the spare wheel hanger, the Eclat S1 arrangement with the spare hidden in the boot is a much better solution imho.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Brian, I refurbished it over a period of a year for a friend of mine, Alister still owns it but I believe he is ready to sell, he has given me first option on the Riviera and if I sell one of my collection I will probably own it at some point, I have no doubt that it will be a highly collectable model at some point in the near future, convincing other people to give the Elite/Eclat/Excel the respect they deserve is proving rather difficult at present, regards David