Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ALDL cable - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

ALDL cable

x6gas

Anyone know where I can get a suitable ALDL cable for the S4 Esprit?

I have a decent serial to USB interface so can be a RS232 version.  Kato's site says they are out of stock...

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Do not suppose anyone is in contact with Ian ( @x6gas)?

I have been in contact with him several times but not heard back from him lately and he has not been back on TLF since 26th April and according to RM he has not collected the parcel I sent, although RM is not always up to  date on its delivery status I have found in the past!

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Really sorry - been in the back of beyond for a few days and off the grid!

Thanks Chris - will pick the parcel up tomorrow. 

Cheers, Ian

• Like 1

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I have pulled together  a laptop with a serial port ! And another with a usb to rs232 adaptor

I now need an all cable. Should contact the suggested names as a PM ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi   

I made one up myself - you just need to get the 10 pin plug ( GM ) interface plug an  RS232 socket ( assuming you are using a serial ported lap top) and a few resistors and transistors -  See pictures - sorry about the state of that plug - it's seen a lot of work and re-soldering

make sure it's a 10 pin and not a 12 pin GM cable you get 

19492899-17EF-4030-BB74-3E21000A3515.jpeg

005B6CCC-2E8F-4476-A6B4-1FEF2E4EF304.jpeg

Just to add, you don't need the (hard to find) ALDL plug. I've just cut off the one in my Esprit and replaced it with a simple universal connector pair. If I use my cable on another Esprit, I use a set of jumper wires to connect to the standard ALDL.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

@Escape > the aldl plug is actually easy to find on ebay (just look for a "GM aldl 10 pin" for instance)

Here is the first one I found with "gm 10 pins" on ebay.co.uk for instance (< £5 with free shipping) : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263896274260

edit: and another one even cheaper: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303295980584

Anyway, there are plenty of them ^^

Edited by Giniw

Indeed, good find! When I was looking a couple of years ago, I didn't find much (except US) so decided to use different connectors. Maybe I should buy one to use instead of the jumpers.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I can always claim adding lightness, as the small 4-pin connector weighs less than the ALDL one. 😛

• Haha 2