Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410

mycerbera

1 hour ago, JG220 said:

Cup380 is still for me the best ever looking v6 Exige

I’m happy to have the second best looking......and no longer available.......which I think is good - no?🤨

Jeez I could do without this conflicted thinking 2 days before I pick mine up😣038D1336-4C75-467D-B7B8-0342E1F66F06.jpeg  

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

no conflicted thinking for me... jeeze thats fantastico....   

• Like 2

410 Exige is a good deal compared to 430 Cup .. same chassis (nitrons also standard on 410) and drivetrain (baffled sump also standard). Plus 410 also gets the J hook brakes. 

£15k extra for 430 Cup for more CF, titanium exhaust and 20hp seems expensive 

I wonder why the rubber skirts under the front spoiler have gone?

Maybe some dealers still have 380 build slots?.. Their 380 demonstrators will be going cheap soon on the plus side 😁

Ok I don't quite get why? Over than having one set of powertrain which is definitely cheaper than buying two of them and this car is only "marginally" more than the Sport 380 and quite cheaper than a 430. This car is actually what 95% of a Gup 430 for 14k less !!!   So why not?!

10 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

I’m happy to have the second best looking......and no longer available.......which I think is good - no?🤨

Jeez I could do without this conflicted thinking 2 days before I pick mine up😣038D1336-4C75-467D-B7B8-0342E1F66F06.jpeg  

As a fellow 380 Sport owner, the answer on residuals on one hand is probably no. However, to get a 410 with all the bells and whistles my 380 has ( and probably yours too ) ii will set you back around a £100k. So you can say the 410 isn’t that cheap, so maybe yes on residuals. But for sure you have a rare car, which in 45 years time may be a collectors piece a la my 73 Sprint, of which they made approximately 1200.

cheers

Mark

A22C6EBA-8A08-4248-9F08-110363A2A854.jpeg

pps.. And the Sprint is probably/almost worth as much as a new 350. 😳

• Like 2

Pictured below is my other Lotus (a 1 previous owner, all original having had no paint with a mere 17,800 Miles)  - I hope for every potential pound lost on the Exige, I’ve made it up on the Turbo Esprit (and the other cars I’ve sold over the years)......that’s my man-maths logic anyway😄 

Nice Sprint - fantastic colour for an Elan!

D573D0B9-C651-48D6-AA59-465FE6B2702D.jpeg

032A41C5-2AB6-4D98-94C4-F2CE07F81A73.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yep What an ABSOLUTLEY fabulous Esprit.... beautiful😍 ❤️

Anyway, the 380 is a super super car and I'm not disappointed at all. And some time this year she will either get the SSC or Komotec kit. Just enjoy them both. 

We should have an old car love in for us 380 owners ;)

• Like 2

Every week a lotus potential buyer knows that he must run to the dealer and order the "very last ultimate" model and pray that it will be delivered before the "very last last" will be announced

:-D

"The high-performance 3.5-litre, supercharged and charge cooled V6 engine ..."  this however (after the 430 CUP), I personally believe, is a good thing to continue on the next models ...

Does anyone know if there is the magic "valve closed / open" button
? 🤔

• Like 1

Time to buy 380 sport sitting on dealers lawn....

A bit confused on what it does to the 380 cup considering price overlap.

It was about time that the Exige gets a charge cooled engine, so it's a very very very good new and of course a very désirable car. That being said, now that Lotus has lost a portion of its customer base due to price hikes....will the new models be attractive enough to the other brand owners who want a fantastic car for less money (GT3 territory). History will tell.

With regards to myself I'm done for model changes for the next 2 years.... got a 360 Cup and a 380 Cup already in 12 months time, so my guess is I'll wait for the 1st 2nd hand 430 / 410 to pop up in the ads in the next 12 months.....and probably go for a TVS 1900 or Ex 460 kit in the meantime, most probably the TVS 1900 which is the most suitable to get the car back to it's original condition in no time.....

And ALL  bear with 380 owners and dealers with inventories, the values just went down the sewer......

13 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

For once I agree with you!

I got one so it must be.... but I should have waited one more year, the 410 is a beast with this charged cool engine. I guess this time I'll wait at least another 18 months to make any move onto a new model....just lost enough money so far.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

I was at Leven last Friday and could see your new one in the workshop. Stunning car.

• Thanks 1

Do you think you’d get some money selling a second hand TVS1900, or would that be 5k down the pan?

With regards to the thread topic..... this is absolutely my most wanted car right now. The perfect Exige in my opinion, regardless of what it may have done to the residuals on other people’s cars, or the wisdom of the Exige range strategy. 

@BfranklynV6 always 5 k down the sewer, but if I get some out of it 2nd hand why not, the issue is that it's the easiest solution to revers back to normal... and sell the car with or without TVS 1900 depending on buyer's wish. And it will be a car with at least around 420 HP with much less heat souk issues

1 hour ago, Swiss380Cup said:

And ALL  bear with 380 owners and dealers with inventories, the values just went down the sewer......

Let's look at numbers:

350 Sport from GBP57.2k

380 Sport from GBP67.9k

410 Sport from GBP85.6k

Obviously, 5k+ of options in general to be added to get the right car. Looking at this, not good reason for the 380 sport to be devalued, the 410 sport is priced high enough to show different value. A bit disappointing for the 380 cup as it is the same price range and supposedly a lighter car with more power.

Edited by PAR

Probably, in six months or maybe at the latest at the beginning of next year, the Exige 350 will be replaced by the Exige 400 with the engine of the EVORA 400. Without all the options of the 410, it will probably cost little more than the 350 but hardly more.

• Like 1