Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410 - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus launches the new Exige Sport 410

mycerbera

1 hour ago, Corsu said:

Probably, in six months or maybe at the latest at the beginning of next year, the Exige 350 will be replaced by the Exige 400 with the engine of the EVORA 400. Without all the options of the 410, it will probably cost little more than the 350 but hardly more.

if that happens then V6S, 350 and 380 owners will all be losing a lot of money so i cant see Lotus wanting to alienate that % of customers. It would certainly see me never buy another car from Lotus. 

Lotus is chasing Porsche Territory, the challenge, will Porsche aficionados buy an alternative product like a Lotus at a discount from Porsche cars ???? Between 410 and 430 it's a 2nd hand 991 GT3 Mk1....

@Corsu if that happens, it will be priced comfortably above the 380 price. I don't see anyone buying an exige 410 if the 400 were to be released for slightly more than a 350.

I also don't see 350 nor 380 owners losing money or much value on their cars. The 410 is much more expensive and there is a big price jump between them. Had the 410 been priced similarly to a 380 then I agree their values would be affected.

As annoying as the rate of these model updates seem to happen, I think the 350 and 380 prices will hold their value quite well given the price difference.

• Thanks 1

Just priced up a 410 to same spec as my old 380 for sale at Silverstone, and it came to £101,450 !!!

Reckon the 380 is the sweet spot at the high end of Exiges now, if looking for value for money,   Grab em while you can guys ;)

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

All lotus cars over 90.000 (and it's just crazy price tag) euros for me are totally crazy.

Over there only Porsche gt4 then gt3 not cars with the interior that came from 2001, no dual clutch gearbox and same plastic radiator in front...

Ok i'm only too poor.

:)

Lotus itself starts to love hardressers porsche lovers but instead of making new cars they try to get similar gt/3-4 price tags but on old projects...

16 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

you could pay a little bit less and get a mass market, mass produced, piece of German shite that every other dentist, plastic surgeon, accountant or hair dresser has and be one of a very big gang of well, errr, boring people.

I see that is the same thing in England than in France 😁

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, IcemanTM said:

Lotus itself starts to love hardressers porsche lovers but instead of making new cars they try to get similar gt/3-4 price tags but on old projects...

As @Bibs said everyone goes on about how Lotus cars are old designs, hmmmm:

Cockster  1996          (Elise Series 2 - 2000 - total refresh from the S1)

Gayman    2006 - a cockster with a roof - took 10 years (probably about the same as the Evora Spider for Lotus)   (Exige V6 - 2012)

911             1964         (Evora 2009)

Cayenne Pepper - 2006    (like the vegetable it makes you cry)

Panamera - 2011

Yes, Porsche's cars are so fresh and new and modern. lol....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Since January last year I’am the overjoyed owner of an Exige Sport 350. I track my car frequently and beside the handling and feel I’am sold on the reliability on track!

Video Zandvoort 02.05.2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZHU2qOlw3w

The Sport 410 for me despite the new lightweight seat runners, the Edelbrock supercharger and charger cooler and the new front clam design is out of question because it’s too loud for most trackdays (deal-breaker), I don’t like the rear clam lights and eventually it’s far too expensive.

If at all at present I’am interested in a revised Exige Sport 350 (as for me with unchanged power output) with

·         the new lightweight seat runners,

·         the Edelbrock supercharger and charger cooler and

·         the new front clam design

I’am curious what the term “revised Sport 350” in this regard essentially means

57 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I think you can tar Porsche with that same brush, I'd hardly call the 55 year old 911 or indeed the 12 year old Cayman a new project! 

Drive a 55 year old 911 and then a new GT2RS.

Then drive a S1 Elise and a 430 Cup.

The Lotus is much closer to the original and has had a lot less development...

20 hours ago, Swiss380Cup said:

Waiting for the 450 Cup..... and the 430 Sport

Personally I think that in all probability the power difference will be greater for the next model ... I think we will approach a 480 CUP or even a 500 CUP, thus ending and closing the series of this model.

Afterwards maybe who will pass to a radical change of motorization (for a aversion / model S4 ???).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Drive a 55 year old 911 and then a new GT2RS.

Then drive a S1 Elise and a 430 Cup.

The Lotus is much closer to the original and has had a lot less development...

I am sure that the real world contrast between an S1 130bhp Elise and a 430bhp 430 Cup would be as different as chalk as cheese and at least as stark as that between a 55 year old 911 and a new GT2RS if we were being totally honest.

However, the point was around Porsche's range is essentially old but no-one goes on about it. in general, Lotus' range is younger and a lot of people complain it is old. Go figure.

And of course the Lotus has had a lot less development, the Porsche has been around for 40 years longer and yet they still can't put the engine in the bloody right place.

No use bringing logic into a discussion that is as much about passion as anything else.  try being logical as opposed to passionate with a hot young lady and see which approach gives you the better outcome and satisfaction.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Saw a couple of these at the factory a few weeks ago but obviously was not allowed to say anything until they launched. Sky blue and olive green... Both looked great. I, however, prefer the straight spoiler rather than the wavy one. Interesting that the rubber guard is off the front splitter now. From what I could see on the Cup 430, the screws holding it in seem to fail quite easily!

Interesting as usual to read the Porsche comparisons. Coincidentally a friend is on the verge of picking up a 991.1 GT3, so should be a good back to back!

@Stewie177 from another forum .....

OPTIONS: INTERIOR AND TRIM UK RETAIL PRICE
Leather trim pack £1,500
Tartan trim pack £1,500
Interior colour pack £500
Full carpets £350
Floor mats £100

OPTIONS: COMFORT AND COMMUNICATION UK RETAIL PRICE
Air conditioning £1,250
Stereo plus two front speakers £400
Sound insulation £500 € 700
Cruise control £110 € 150

OPTIONS: LIGHTWEIGHT AND PERFORMANCE UK RETAIL PRICE DE RETAIL PRICE
Carbon fibre hardtop (Coupe) £3,000
Carbon fibre hardtop (Roadster) £3,000
Carbon fibre binnacle top £1,000
Carbon fibre sill covers £1,200
Carbon fibre rear diffuser finish £1,200
Carbon fibre barge boards £2,800
Titanium exhaust £5,500
A-frame, for fitment of 4 point harness (available via Lotus Aftersales post registration),
Alcantara® non-airbag steering wheel, airbag deletion £2,600
Fire extinguisher and battery isolator (incl. exterior kill switch) £2,600
Standard battery NCO

PAINT OPTIONS UK RETAIL PRICE
Signature Paint £900
Metallic Paint £900

LOTUS EXCLUSIVE OPTIONS UK RETAIL PRICE
Exclusive paint: alternative metallic colours £2,300
Exclusive paint: alternative pearlescent colours £3,600
Exclusive paint: custom colour choice £5,000
Bespoke double colour stitching (any colour) £600
Exclusive leather: alternative colour £2,500
Specified forged wheel in alternative finish £1,200

The above options represent just a sample of what is available through Lotus
Exclusive. Further information on the Lotus Exclusive programme, including a
comprehensive list of the available customisation options can be found at:
www.lotuscars.com/exclusive

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

2 hours ago, NANO said:

I think we will approach a 480 CUP or even a 500 CUP, thus ending and closing the series of this model.

That's my bet from the beginning : Exige 500 for 500hp, 500NM, 999kg. end of chapter. but to do that lotus has to find a solution for the gearbox.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, geartox said:

That's my bet from the beginning : Exige 500 for 500hp, 500NM, 999kg. end of chapter. but to do that lotus has to find a solution for the gearbox.

That would be a dream exige. At what price though...

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Yes  but you are also getting a very limited edition of a very well engineered, track optimised, car with impeccable reliability in the engine and drivetrain, low running costs and the ability to go round in circles on a track all day without over heating engine, brakes, gearbox, clutch etc.  It is also handbuilt buy a bunch of english turnip farmers who happen to be fine engineers, upholsterers and mechanics and you will be marked out as a gentleman member of a very select and small club.

On the other hand, you could pay a little bit less and get a mass market, mass produced, piece of German shite that every other dentist, plastic surgeon, accountant or hair dresser has and be one of a very big gang of well, errr, boring people.

Just my usual tuppence worth. Take it with a pinch of salt if you like.

What a brilliant post ....

1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

Caterham 620R uses a Sadev sequential and sell well. I’d love to see Lotus do a road Exige with 500hp, a sequential, and a chassis mounted wing...

I am ready for the pre order :-)