Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

We've just moved to a new 2 storey office building and I park outside at the front but can't see my car/outside from my desk. I was chatting to the woman in the office below and she said that all the guys from the neighbouring offices we're crawling all over it when I first used to bring it in.

I still notice how many people look at it almost wherever I am.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had to start covering mine because it was becoming a local sightseeing trip for the neighborhood boys who tend to leave their greasy fingerprints all over it.

post-6978-0-81131300-1395928133.jpg

• Like 1

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I was 2 cars behind a 991 turbo yesterday driving through Henley in Arden at school run time.  As we drove down the high street the school kids ignored the £120k Porssche, but pointed at the Evora saying to their mates "wow, look at that", closely followed by "what is it?"

Edited by blueg33
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

If you want to see a reaction: go on holiday to France with six of your mates (all with a wife each!) in various Lotus cars from 1960s Elans all the way up to an Evora.

We have had workmen standing by the side of the road applauding to whole villages stopping and staring as you drive through.

What fun!

This year we have nine cars going down to the Dordogne. It will be the first time in my Esprit. Really looking forward to the reaction!

If you want to see a reaction: go on holiday to France with six of your mates (all with a wife each!) in various Lotus cars from 1960s Elans all the way up to an Evora.

We have had workmen standing by the side of the road applauding to whole villages stopping and staring as you drive through.

What fun!

This year we have nine cars going down to the Dordogne. It will be the first time in my Esprit. Really looking forward to the reaction!

Each year me and my mates drive through France in convoy to Le Mans, we are used to that reaction, the last convoy was  My TVR Tuscan, 993 C2S, Testerossa, F355, Cayman S, Elise 111S.

Two kids walking home from school and my Evora was parked on the drive. First one says "WOW! look at that Lotus" The second one says "Huh, that's nothing, I've seen a Mclaren"

That put me in my place :D

• Gold FFM

What fun!

Reminds me of a similar experience when me and my dad took his 1935 Bentley down to Le Mans and a group of old French guys outside a village cafe stood to attention and saluted as we drove through!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

No people have reacted to my Evora.

I don't have one. :(

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Parked up outside my sons flat up in Aberdeen a couple of weeks back and I noticed the usual gang of 9 or 10 year old kids running around and playing ball in the street.  About 30 mins later the door bell goes so son goes down and say the kids wanted to talk to me.  Having seen their lack of ball control I thought oh, oh here we go................  Seems they had asked him if it was his new car as he has a nice red Civic Type R GT all factory kitted out.  They just wanted to know what it was etc. and all very polite so went out with them and to cut a long story short they all ended up in the driver seat and took a million photos.  Loved to hear the hard throttle blipping (even if their parents didn't!) So if anything like I was at that age they will remember the moment and if Lotus still exist may end up future customers. :thumbsup:  In Aberdeen they will probably be able to afford them at least when they grow up.  Fancy cars and particularly Porkers are 10 a penny.

Funny thing was I remember two questions in particular out of the dozens and one that shows how kids today think .  Q1) How much is she worth - a million pounds?  Q2) What job do you do that allows you to afford that?

• Like 2

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Funny thing was I remember two questions in particular out of the dozens and one that shows how kids today think .  Q1) How much is she worth - a million pounds?  Q2) What job do you do that allows you to afford that?

Exactly the two questions I always get from kids! It used to be "How fast does it go mister?" now it's "How much did it cost mister?"

One kid asked me if I'd won the lottery. I told him I don't do the lottery, I just work hard. He looked confused.

• Like 1

Drove though town the other week and whilst stopped in traffic had a bunch of about 8 kids surround the car shouting WOW and the inevitable, "rev it" lol.

Took it to the office last week and receptionist told me the car was causing a storm amongst the young lads in the office .

Does seem to get a lot of attention, but touch wood, all positive to date :)

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I am a shy kind of person, but I agree that the car attracts a lot of positive attention and is often an excuse to start a conversation.

An example, last week in a fuel station:

When I get into the shop to pay, the lady in the cash register tells me: I love your car, sir. It makes my heart bit. --Errg, what do you reply to that when your wife and kids are sitting in the car outside? :huh:

I get out of the shop and the shop manager tells me, with a big sarcastic smile: Nice family car, chap. To which I reply telling the kids to greet him from the inside of the car!. He almost fainted. :smoke:

Just one example, apart from cyclists stopping by to take pictures or people everywhere greeting and smiling (mostly when they see kids getting in or our of the car)

• Gold FFM

The aspect I notice on almost every drive is how other traffic moves over to let you through on dual carriageways and motorways.  There must be something about the road presence and sight of an Evora approaching in your mirrors - perhaps people think it's something else or just don't recognise it and figure it is something fast or interesting to let by.

I've even had BMW and Audi drivers use their indicators to let me know they're going to pull left at the next gap - I'd always thought they weren't fitted on those cars  ;)

Oh yes, a very important aspect to me. You really notice the difference when you take your other car under similar conditions. 

Wife's mini coming, no one cares and likely someone will pull out in front of you :2guns:

Evora coming and the car in front of you makes room asap.  :scooter:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I took mine to have the wheels refurbished at Platinum Alloys in Swindon last week.  When I arrived there were Mercs and Astons on stilts having theirs done.  When I picked it up on Friday, the technician said that he had never seen another one, that he absolutely loved it and hoped I didn't mind that he'd taken pictures of it.  He added 'it's a car like this that makes my job worthwhile'.

Five days into my Evora ownership and got my first honkin horn and thumbs up on the highway. A few kids with camera phones as well this morning. Yet the car is black and rather discrete!

Laterly we made a long weekendtrip, 3 adults guys with 4 caracalla lotus bags as luggage. the third person in the back sideways with a bag under his knees. 

When we arrived at a coffeshop in front of the railway station, with some people outside sitting in the first springsun, it was a bit a procedure, to get the third one out the car. apart of the fascination on the Evora, there was a big discussion, how many "material" comes out of this car. 

So we had a nice conversation with different people going on for half an hour, till the train left and took my 2 collegues home.

I get thumbs up and waves virtually every time I drive.

The absolute best moments for me are when little boys notice the car - seeing the WOW look in the their eyes, following the Evora as I go past, often with their arm stretched out pointing at the car while tugging the arm of their mum/dad to see it too.

BANG!- brings me right back to myself on the sidewalk as a kid/even now as an adult seeing an awesome car. Super feeling!  :)

I've had one about a week and done 600ish miles in it (only coz I had to visit a friend in Yorkshire the day I got it, that's far above my usual expected mileage!). So far I've had two 10 year olds going "Woah!" in a Waitrose car park, a bunch of 10-12 year olds abort their football game as I drove by, and another couple of kids wanting pictures.

But beyond that, nothing. Some dicks in turbo versions of the Seat Ibiza wanting to race me at traffic lights (I politely declined) but I'm thinking maybe my stealth paint job makes it pretty much invisible to most people,

This is what to expect when a car company refuses to promote itself! Sports car fans all know about Lotus; motoring enthusiasts know Elises and remember Esprits; the general public at large often seem to know next to nothing about them.

I've twice in the past year had someone ask if the F1 team is starting to make road cars like McLaren does and had another ask me if that Evora concept car is going to come out ...

It's nothing to do with refusing to promote itself, its everything to do with having the money to promote itself.

But beyond that, nothing. Some dicks in turbo versions of the Seat Ibiza wanting to race me at traffic lights (I politely declined) but I'm thinking maybe my stealth paint job makes it pretty much invisible to most people,

You're lucky! I had an idiot in a Discovery3 trying to outcorner me on a roundabout and then try to out drag me up the dual carriageway so that he could get in front of me in my lane. I laughed at him when we got along side (ok, laughed up at him!)

Fair comment with regard to large-scale advertising but there are cheaper ways to get your name/image out there. It's good to see the Evora Sports Racer with PistonHeads for an extended loan/review, for instance, so perhaps I shouldn't really complain! A bit of occasional news from Hethel and maybe an occasional invitation to journalists/TV crews would create column inches and get their name out there. I know people might argue that Porsche don't 'advertise' like that but they're already all over the roads - people see them on a daily basis!

As always with Lotus, I (and I think most Lotus fans) do realise that miracles have had to be performed just for them to get great product out of the doors. It's just frustrating when you hear people, who profess an interest in cars/motoring, not even realising that the Evora is a product out in the marketplace!

I personally know now of 13 people who bought an Evora based on my Long Term Test, no idea obviously how many people I don't know who read them and then purchased. It does work, and well! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.